PDA

View Full Version : "Redband" Creek revisited

Thrillbilly
08-16-2008, 2:25 PM
Well I decided to go to a little creek this morning for a little Redband action. I got to the creek at around 0630; it was nice and cool with a slight breeze. I hiked back to the first spot that I wanted to fish. I set up my 1WT with a #18 Royal Wulf to get thing started. It wasn’t too long before I hooked my first little guy. Man these little guys have awesome colors. My camera does not do them justice. I had hooked quite a few smaller guys when I saw a big splash, fish on! I got the larger one in (he was only 9” but that is huge for this place) and went to get the camera to take a picture of him when oops the camera slipped out of my hand and landed in about a foot and a half of water. I released the fish and went for the camera. I took the batteries out and the memory card, I set the camera out on a rock to hopefully dry. I went back to fishing, I caught several more that were in the 8”+ range (figures that it would happen after the camera incident) and decided to try a different fly. I tied on a #18 PMD and had roughly the same luck so I decided to see what I could do subsurface. Subsurface with a #16 BH Hares ear yielded quite a few more fish. I pondered hiking up some more but decided I would work this pool a little while longer. Wanting to go back to dries I tied on an adams, I caught quite a few more and then I heard the sound of people coming. I looked at the time and it was now almost noon. The people asked me how the fishing was and I said it was bad and that I didn’t think that there were any fish in this creek. They said yea it is a pretty small creek so it is not likely that there is anything worth catching. I said oh well this is my first time here, I then told them I was going to go down and try the main river. With the camera destroyed and people I decided to leave. On the hike out I saw two more sets of hikers they asked if I caught anything to which I replied no. Both sets of people also said that they doubted that there was anything in that creek. Well I managed to salvage some photos off of my memory card so enjoy. I need to go out and get a new camera now :mad:

Thrillbilly
08-16-2008, 2:26 PM