PDA

View Full Version : Raging mad...... another will not sell to CA

fredieusa
08-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Conversation between this fellow and I...

It is so hard for bozo to understand that its not my fault the state laws are so bad.

Infact bozo denies me the very thing bozo wishes he could sell me, even though its legal (And blames me for not being able to sell:confused:).

For some of us who claim.. "This will only effect the dealers..Not Private party trans.." Here is to you..

To: FD <fredieusa@****.com>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4: 58 :47 PM
Subject: Re: FFL Transfer Arsenal SA - M 7

no can do

----- Original Message -----
Date: Friday, August 15, 2008 18:52
Subject: Re: FFL Transfer Arsenal SA - M 7
To: Gary L G*** <gary**@****.com>

> Gary - they are perfectly legal in CA. Only when you ship, the
> pistol grip have to be removed.
> We buy and sell Arsenals all day long. Please visit calguns.net
> and see the clasified section..
>
> CA is stuck with gun hating politicians. Please dont support the
> politicians by not dealing with GOOD people in CA - Else we will
> have no hope. But the final decision is yours.
>
> Sincere Regards,
> **** 415-*** ****
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Gary L G*** <gary**@****.com>
> To: FD <fredieusa@****.com>
> Cc: FFL Transfer **** <*****@***.net>
> Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:48:12 PM
> Subject: Re: FFL Transfer Arsenal SA - M 7
>
> A quick search of FFL **** ***** indicated that this business is
> located in the state of California. If this is the case be
> advised I am NOT shipping an AK into the state of California.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: FD <fredieusa@****.com>
> Date: Friday, August 15, 2008 18:41
> Subject: FFL Transfer Arsenal SA - M 7
> To: FFL Transfer ***** <****@****.net>
> Cc: gary**@****.com
>
> > Mr FFL **** - Please e-mail a copy of your FFL to Gary. E-mail -
> > gary**@****.com
> > Arsenal Inc
> > Model SA-M 7
> > Cal. 7.62 X 39 MM
> >
> > Gary G****
> > 790 ****** St
> > B***** *****, KY 42***
> > 270-***-****
> > gary**@****.com

69Mach1
08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Well you gave it a shot. Just contact the various out of state FFL's from this forum to help you get that gorgeous gun.

bwiese
08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
He will not facilitate "straw deal/sale":rolleyes:

An intermediary FFL is not a straw sale.

dfletcher
08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Dear Gary,

You are so right - how could I have made such an error, please forgive me. Since you have accurately and correctly stated the only reason you will not complete the transaction is that my first choice of receiving FFL was in CA, I request you send the AK to my back up FFL in .......

Thanks for looking out for me - now I know why you're the dealer and I am but a mere customer.

Thanking you in advance for taking my money, I am:

sorensen440
08-15-2008, 11:12 PM
You could have him ship to another ffl
its going to cost you more though
I would recommend just finding an ffl that will ship here and buy from them

motorhead
08-16-2008, 9:06 AM
sux. it is heartening to see a few ffl's step up to act as intermediaries to help mitigate this attitude. don't expect it to get any better though. the predictions of out of state ffl's taking the new regs in stride turned out to be even more optimistic than the predictions of the hangun mfr's lining up for safty testing.

FEDUPWBS
08-16-2008, 9:08 AM
PM Me Ill make it happen

CavTrooper
08-16-2008, 9:10 AM
Why is it more urgent to make out of state dealers bend to your will than it is to get in state dealers sell what you want?

tenpercentfirearms
08-16-2008, 9:32 AM
Why is it more urgent to make out of state dealers bend to your will than it is to get in state dealers sell what you want?

Money.

bwiese
08-16-2008, 10:41 AM

Who said it was more urgent?

There are enough aggressive CA FFLs that folks can get what they want - albeit perhaps with a bit of driving. But more are coming online and stepping up and selling "more-than-bolt-guns".

Gotta address both sides of the issue. But we need to keep the flow & variety of guns coming into CA. Doesn't matter if there's a CA FFL willing if there's few FFLs willing to ship.

Piper
08-17-2008, 9:14 AM
Maybe everyone here should take a moment and think about what someone from outside of California sees and compare California with the rest of the U.S. Take for example Illinois; pro-2A forces are aggressively pursuing right to carry and forcing government officials to take a stand one way or the other. Besides convincing ourselves that the political environment is not right for pushing a pro-2A agenda, what are we really doing in California? They are vigorously on the offensive while we continue taking a defensive posture and ask the politicians to not vote for an anti-2A bills. Some here may be making some effort to repeal unconstitutional laws, but in Illinois as well as other states that had far worse gun laws than we have here, they will surpass and haved surpassed us and have right to carry long before California. So, beyond getting our money, why should an out of state ffl deal with California? Why should an out of state ffl play Ca DOJ's stupid game? Why should any out of stater put any effort into California if we are only making a feable effort at best to take back our rights? Personally, I think it's rather arrogant of us to get angry at someone who doesn't need our business.

Trader Jack
08-17-2008, 9:43 PM
Maybe everyone here should take a moment and think about what someone from outside of California sees and compare California with the rest of the U.S. Take for example Illinois; pro-2A forces are aggressively pursuing right to carry and forcing government officials to take a stand one way or the other. Besides convincing ourselves that the political environment is not right for pushing a pro-2A agenda, what are we really doing in California? They are vigorously on the offensive while we continue taking a defensive posture and ask the politicians to not vote for an anti-2A bills. Some here may be making some effort to repeal unconstitutional laws, but in Illinois as well as other states that had far worse gun laws than we have here, they will surpass and haved surpassed us and have right to carry long before California. So, beyond getting our money, why should an out of state ffl deal with California? Why should an out of state ffl play Ca DOJ's stupid game? Why should any out of stater put any effort into California if we are only making a feable effort at best to take back our rights? Personally, I think it's rather arrogant of us to get angry at someone who doesn't need our business.

Very well put and I agree 110%. Most here are all talk and very little action. Unless of course we adhere to the gospel according to Bill.:mad:

halifax
08-18-2008, 5:58 AM

Some good points here Piper. However, it does come down to ideologies; either they are true 2nd Amendment supporters and should want to help those most in need (e.g., californians) or they are just fair-weather supporters who cling to the second to keep their businesses going.

Piper
08-18-2008, 8:46 PM
Some good points here Piper. However, it does come down to ideologies; either they are true 2nd Amendment supporters and should want to help those most in need (e.g., californians) or they are just fair-weather supporters who cling to the second to keep their businesses going.

In another thread regarding CRPA, alot of members said in substance that they would not support CRPA unless they saw some action from CRPA. Can we blame out of state ffl's and our out of state peers when they expect the same from us?

I won't judge those people for their stance. Until they prove otherwise, they are as staunch a supporter of the 2A as you or I. As for someone being a fair weather supporter, we have plenty of those in California who are willing to accept whatever our self appointed rulers are not currently trying to take from us.