PDA

View Full Version : Pro Self-Defense Bumper Stickers, etc.

Paladin
08-15-2008, 6:38 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/idealogo/229688

Since the heart of Heller was our right to armed self-defense, we can help promote the general right to self-defense w/these Cafe Press items (bumper stickers, coffee mugs, T-shirts, sweat shirts, license plate frames, etc.).

No, I don't get a commission/anything for this. I just came across them yesterday and wanted to share it w/the CGN community.

Shotgun Man
08-15-2008, 6:42 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/idealogo/229688

Since the heart of Heller was our right to armed self-defense, we can help promote the general right to self-defense w/these Cafe Press items (bumper stickers, coffee mugs, T-shirts, sweat shirts, license plate frames, etc.).

No, I don't get a commission/anything for this. I just came across them yesterday and wanted to share it w/the CGN community.

Those shirts and what-not were pretty tacky. People are gonna think you're a nutjob.

Paladin
08-15-2008, 8:30 PM
Those shirts and what-not were pretty tacky.Personally, I prefer the bumper stickers. They give people something to think about while stuck in traffic.

If you don't like any of them, feel free to come up w/your own design and, if I like it, I'll be happy to post about it too.

People are gonna think you're a nutjob.Yeah, just like they do when they see my jet black jacket w/"NRA" in large gold print on the chest and the NRA's large eagle decal on the back or my CGN T-shirt. :D

Or I guess we could just not stand up for what we believe in out of fear of what "others" might think. If the pro-RKBA people in OH were like that, they'd never have participated in the loaded OC marches that forced their legislators to pass "Shall Issue." I think we'll need people w/even more guts than that to succeed here.

'nuff said.

jumbopanda
08-16-2008, 2:02 AM
I personally am not a big fan of bumper stickers with a strong political message. I can't help but think that my car might get keyed by some random douche who disagrees with my sticker. I drove by a car with a "Meat is Murder" bumper sticker and got pissed just seeing it for a second. I imagine there are some people out there who'd react the same way to a pro-gun sticker.

Plus I think that plastering your car with the damn things is just kind of tacky, regardless of your views. I don't mind wearing pro-gun clothes as long as it isn't too ridiculous (like that "Celebrate Diversity" one).

Paladin
08-16-2008, 5:21 AM
I should mention that I would not put such a bumper sticker on my car if I had to park it on the street while at work or at night.

Re. "plastering" my car w/bumper stickers. The most I've ever had at once was a single bumper sticker along w/a NRA decal. To me, the more bumper stickers you have, the less the impact of any one of them (dilution).

Bill_in_SD
08-16-2008, 6:35 AM
I like Oleg Volk's approach

a-human-right.com <<< all you need on a bumper sticker

Stick it right next to "What about Darfur?" or something like that.

Both sides of the fence will go to the site out of curiosity, where his photos and reasoning behind self-defense is pretty powerful for converting folks.

a-human-right.com bumper sticker does not scream "This car is owned by a gun owner" and does not lend itself to the negative reactions like keying the car.......

Decoligny
08-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I personally am not a big fan of bumper stickers with a strong political message. I can't help but think that my car might get keyed by some random douche who disagrees with my sticker. I drove by a car with a "Meat is Murder" bumper sticker and got pissed just seeing it for a second. I imagine there are some people out there who'd react the same way to a pro-gun sticker.

Plus I think that plastering your car with the damn things is just kind of tacky, regardless of your views. I don't mind wearing pro-gun clothes as long as it isn't too ridiculous (like that "Celebrate Diversity" one).

For the car with "Meat is Murder" on it, you need to carry around another bumper sticker to put next to it. "Murder tastes great medium rare!"

ZapThyCat
08-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Seen one, seen 'me all. They could have SOME variety there, sheesh.