PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92FS conical bushing setup legality?

prdubi
01-31-2016, 8:18 PM
Have a 1993 purchased Beretta 92fs I wish to have the conical bushing setup installed, is this possible ?

Cokebottle
01-31-2016, 8:22 PM
Does it result in the barrel being threaded or in any other way able to accept a suppressor?

prdubi
02-01-2016, 9:19 AM
It is threaded but it is not designed for a suppressor, it was designed to install a sleave that helps keep the barrel on the slide nice and straight. It helps with accuracy but there is no way a suppressor can be installed as the threaded portion is covered by the barrel nut.

Cheezle56
02-01-2016, 9:31 AM
Anyone know where to buy one? Beretta doesn't seem very good about making accessories for their guns...

hardcore4sure
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
WAL from beretta forum makes them. I think he was working on a Cali legal version.

1911su16b870
02-01-2016, 12:01 PM
A blind pin maybe?

'ol shooter
02-01-2016, 2:00 PM
Here.

http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/homepage.html

Coulda found it yourself if you Search-Fu was stronger, Weed Hopper.

TeddyBallgame
02-01-2016, 3:20 PM
WAL from beretta forum makes them. I think he was working on a Cali legal version.

had him resize my 92fs barrel from 4.9 to 4.7

he did a great job

Cokebottle
02-01-2016, 6:18 PM
Ya, I'm just trying to see how it works.
Images aren't clear, some look to be externally threaded as if they thread into the front of the slide.

So basically it's a tapered seat that threads onto the barrel so it self-centers when the slide moves forward?
If so, then yes... "threaded barrel" is illegal unless it's pinned.

Of course, if it's pinned, then you aren't going to be removing the barrel from the slide for cleaning.

igorts
02-01-2016, 6:58 PM

True. Wal is perfectionist ... So we will have to wait.

orangeusa
02-01-2016, 7:38 PM
I feel like I paved this road. WAL and I talked many times, and he refused to do a CA version (i.e. non-Threaded). He is a great guy, but has many irons in the fire.

I believe that Allegheny Gun Works DOES have a CA version.

Cokebottle
02-01-2016, 7:55 PM
I feel like I paved this road. WAL and I talked many times, and he refused to do a CA version (i.e. non-Threaded). He is a great guy, but has many irons in the fire.

Seems like it would be simple.
Cross-drill the bushing and barrel, tap bushing, install grub screw.

Removable to disassembe, but the barrel is not threaded, simply has a "divot"

igorts
02-01-2016, 7:56 PM

reply received a few min ago:
Originally Posted by igorts
Bill, any progress with non-threaded CA version?

Not to the point that I will be shipping.

It will take a few more months.

ke6guj
02-01-2016, 8:03 PM
It is threaded but it is not designed for a suppressor, it was designed to install a sleave that helps keep the barrel on the slide nice and straight. It helps with accuracy but there is no way a suppressor can be installed as the threaded portion is covered by the barrel nut.but if I remove the barrel nut, could I replace that barrel nut with a flash hider version?

prdubi
02-02-2016, 7:37 AM
No you can't. ..the threading is just behind the front of the part of the slide.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ke6guj
02-02-2016, 7:56 AM
No you can't. ..the threading is just behind the front of the part of the slide.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I could easily make a flashhider to fit on the end of that barrel.

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=46034&page=2