PDA

View Full Version : Goodies for my Mossberg 500

The Cable Guy
08-14-2008, 10:39 PM
So I've yet to pick up my boomstick, but I already ordered a bunch of stuff to slap on once I do get it.

Parts list:
Knoxx SpecOps Stock
Knoxx/Hogue Forend
TacStar 6 round sidesaddle
Nylon buttstock 5 Shotshell carrier (For use on fullstock)
John Masen Heat shield

Should I also get a limbsaver? Would it fit on the Knoxx?

vinny_land
08-14-2008, 11:08 PM
So I've yet to pick up my boomstick, but I already ordered a bunch of stuff to slap on once I do get it.

Parts list:
Knoxx SpecOps Stock
Knoxx/Hogue Forend
TacStar 6 round sidesaddle
Nylon buttstock 5 Shotshell carrier (For use on fullstock)
John Masen Heat shield

Should I also get a limbsaver? Would it fit on the Knoxx?

Forget the CrapStar stuff and get a Mesa Tactical one instead. I dont think a limbsaver will make a difference on a Knoxx Stock because the Knoxx Stock is good at absorbing recoil.

The Cable Guy
08-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Forget the CrapStar stuff and get a Mesa Tactical one instead. I dont think a limbsaver will make a difference on a Knoxx Stock because the Knoxx Stock is good at absorbing recoil.

Maybe when I can afford it. What is the real difference though? Besides aluminum vs plastic at least.

shellyzsweet
08-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Maybe when I can afford it. What is the real difference though? Besides aluminum vs plastic at least.

Ill tell ya after I shoot mine this weekend, but its supposed to reduce up to 95% of felt recoil. I got mine so I can shoot 3 inch magnum buckshot out of my 18.5 inch barrel....and from what I'm told it makes a HUGE difference. People shoot slugs all day and walk away barely sore if at all. The knoxx stock is still plastic and I was surprised at the weight it added, but I guess its to be expected from the mechanics inside. As for a personal experience.....I'll let you know hopefully this weekend.

-I did also just buy a knoxx power pack which gives a much needed cheek rest and side saddle, cause I don't like the cheapy ones on the side cause they don't flow with the body of my gun. Next is a tritium front bead.....:D

The Cable Guy
08-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Ill tell ya after I shoot mine this weekend, but its supposed to reduce up to 95% of felt recoil. I got mine so I can shoot 3 inch magnum buckshot out of my 18.5 inch barrel....and from what I'm told it makes a HUGE difference. People shoot slugs all day and walk away barely sore if at all. The knoxx stock is still plastic and I was surprised at the weight it added, but I guess its to be expected from the mechanics inside. As for a personal experience.....I'll let you know hopefully this weekend.

-I did also just buy a knoxx power pack which gives a much needed cheek rest and side saddle, cause I don't like the cheapy ones on the side cause they don't flow with the body of my gun. Next is a tritium front bead.....:D

Wow awesome. Were do you get your slugs/buckshot from?

If I do get a limbsaver it'll go on the full stock when trap shooting and/or hunting.