PDA

View Full Version : Knife Restrictions in Kalifornia

spmat
08-14-2008, 6:02 PM
Anyone aware of the inability to have knives shipped into the state in different counties?

CHS
08-14-2008, 6:12 PM
I know Yolo county is screwed.

Never understood why. Every gun/knife/outdoor magazine I've ever gotten in my life had huge restrictions on what could and could not be shipped into Yolo county.

Anyone know why?

spmat
08-14-2008, 6:47 PM
I found out the hard way about Yolo and other counties. I purchased a small Gerber EAB folding knife. It is a small folder that has a utility blade in it. The following is the response I got from the company I bought it from.

Greetings,
Due to multiple lawsuits against
mailorder companies that sell knives,
we are unable to ship any product to
Ventura, Yolo, Napa or Marin counties in California.
See this link for more information:
http://bg.catalogagemag.com/ar/marketing_sale_knives_kill/
We will cancel this order.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Knives Plus

To me, owning a knife or buying one is not illegal. It is disheartening to know that companies cave in to threats of lawsuits and harrassment. What ever happened to standing up for what is right?

nobs11
08-14-2008, 6:52 PM
To me, owning a knife or buying one is not illegal. It is disheartening to know that companies cave in to threats of lawsuits and harrassment. What ever happened to standing up for what is right?

You pay for their lawyers and they'll do it. Frivolous litigation is a well known way to drive up prices or to restrict supply that most special interest groups employ in one way or another.

Charliegone
08-14-2008, 6:55 PM
I found out the hard way about Yolo and other counties. I purchased a small Gerber EAB folding knife. It is a small folder that has a utility blade in it. The following is the response I got from the company I bought it from.

Greetings,
Due to multiple lawsuits against
mailorder companies that sell knives,
we are unable to ship any product to
Ventura, Yolo, Napa or Marin counties in California.
See this link for more information:
http://bg.catalogagemag.com/ar/marketing_sale_knives_kill/
We will cancel this order.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Knives Plus

When I clicked on that link FF told me it's an attack site...hmmmm..:TFH: