PDA

View Full Version : Orange County - Anyone had their CCW pulled yet?

GJJ
08-13-2008, 3:25 PM
I am curious if any of the Orange County CCW holders have gotten "the letter"?

I have a California CCW issued in Orange County. So far, I have not received anything telling me it is no longer valid.

Should be an interesting next 30 days or so.

GMONEY
08-13-2008, 3:30 PM
Nothing yet, but keeping my eye on the mail. Will post the letter if I get one...

GJJ
08-13-2008, 3:49 PM
Would the letter be registered mail?

Because we all know how incompetent the US Mail service is. I get mail for the wrong address at least once a week. What would happen if they sent a letter regular mail and you did not receive it?

firecaptdave
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
My guess is that it would be followed up by another letter, a phone call and eventually an OCSD Investigator knocking on your door asking you for the permit back.

Would the letter be registered mail?

Because we all know how incompetent the US Mail service is. I get mail for the wrong address at least once a week. What would happen if they sent a letter regular mail and you did not receive it?

PTL
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
My guess is that it would be followed up by another letter, a phone call and eventually an OCSD Investigator knocking on your door asking you for the permit back.

Ser that is my guess too as she controls enough man power to send someone to your home or work to revoke or "recall" it against state law.

Doheny
09-21-2008, 9:01 PM
What's the latest with OCSD's CCW program? I heard some people got their letter this weekend re: having their CCW revoked.

tango-52
09-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Revocation letters are being sent out in alphabetical order. Be sure to check in at Calccw for information on getting a refund from the Sheriff on all of your costs!

Doheny
09-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Revocation letters are being sent out in alphabetical order. Be sure to check in at Calccw for information on getting a refund from the Sheriff on all of your costs!

So, is it pretty much a lost cause, that is, those receiving the letter will no doubt lose their permit?

Getting the monies back sounds interesting...all of it?

yellowfin
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Those who get "the letter" need to be as public, specific, and vocal as possible. It should result in pure hell for anyone who even thinks about yanking a CCW.

Citizen Snips
09-22-2008, 6:14 AM
In these letters, do they state reasons why they are revoking the CCW? If not, I think it only fair that they provide an acceptable and only an acceptable reason for doing so just as the anti-gun officials demand of anyone applying for CCW in this state. Law enforcement and oligarchy do not mix well.

Almost all states in the union having some form of shall-issue policy and this is how these guys view the value of law abiding citizens with a means of protecting themselves?

GunSlut
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
In these letters, do they state reasons why they are revoking the CCW?

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/announcements-orange-county/5659-revoke-recall-letters-mailed-ocsd-2.html

See Post #26

SkyStorm82
09-22-2008, 4:38 PM
http://www.calccw.com/Forums/announcements-orange-county/5659-revoke-recall-letters-mailed-ocsd-2.html

See Post #26

That sucks.:mad:

Liberty1
09-22-2008, 5:58 PM
OC residence ready for an OC walk yet? Perhaps outside Sheriff's headquarters if no 626.9 zone exists there?

Citizen Snips
09-22-2008, 7:20 PM

See Post #26
Flabbergasting... thanks for the link.

PTL
09-22-2008, 7:49 PM
looks like someone set up something for OC CCW holders. A single mother like myself deserves a CCW.

this is a great idea i think.

www.OCCCWS.com