PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this has been posted before - 2004-2006 Murder rate in DC

Corbin Dallas
08-12-2008, 9:13 AM
This speaks volumes. Of course, the brady campaign will deny it's existance.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/DChomicides.jpg

mrjones98
08-12-2008, 9:17 AM
They'll just say that without the ban, there would have been even more gun homicides.

This speaks volumes. Of course, the brady campaign will deny it's existance.

Sutcliffe
08-12-2008, 9:44 AM
DC is such a lawless cesspool that criminals run free with little fear of their prey. If their prey starts to show fangs then they will have a career choice to make. After the criminal class realizes they cannot rape, murder, rob and pillage without consequences then I suppose that those rates would go down.

bernieb90
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Lets see what they say when the homocide rate drops. Probably some garbage about social programs.

Mikeb
08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I grew up in Northern VA suburb of DC. I haven't lived there in 35+ years.
Washington DC is a national disgrace. THere are pretty parks impressive Federal builds. Some nice monuments and museums. THen there is a huge desperate underclass. THey have no industry or job base. Just look at Anacostia, in the lower right corner. It looks like there has been a killing on every corner. For decades nothing has been done to improve the situation. What they call home rule is a bad joke. Thier choices for Mayor are a national shame. Without real job oportunities and real leadership it can only get worse.
Mike

aileron
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
So whats the story with the upper left hand section of the city?

Looks like one would want to live in that area if they were forced to live in the city. I'd rather cross the bridge out of DC myself.

Mikeb
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
So whats the story with the upper left hand section of the city?

Looks like one would want to live in that area if they were forced to live in the city. I'd rather cross the bridge out of DC myself.

That be where the rich folk live. The green line is Rock Creek Park . It acts as sort of a moat. I seem to rember that is the area that houses the embasies. And Many large, impressive houses.
And yes most of the middle class has moved out of the city. South East , North east and North West and Anacostia are the ghetto. My guess is that at this point the only industry is drug dealing and prostitution and the people feed off eachother.
Mike
edit sorry I was wrong those dots were a stabing and an other...but he may have heard the cries of the victims. Looks Like the action really starts over on what looks like E.14th St., sort of like the tenderloin.

Nodda Duma
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I wonder if the President can hear the gunshots from the White House.

-Jason

Mikeb
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I wonder if the President can hear the gunshots from the White House.

-Jason

I'm sure... there is a green and yellow dot across the street from the Whitehouse... I think that is Layfeyette Park. Sort of the White House backyard.
Mike

Mikeb
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Well I screwed that up. The killings that appear to be in Lafayette Park were a stabing and an other... the pres might have heard the screams of the victims. It looks like the action gets started over on E.14th St...sort of like the tenderloin.
Mike