PDA

View Full Version : Got my grubby hands on it finally. New SB County shooting map

spectr17
08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
It's not officially official yet, but it's close. Spy photo of the new San Bernardino County Recreational Shooting & Hunting Areas Map. Looks like some of the rifle areas are now shotgun only, like east of Deep Creek around Crab Flats. A lot of no shooting red areas now around Hesperia/Adelanto area. The night shooting areas are well marked. One error Jim Matthews picked up was the MNP (Mojave National Park) is marked to show target shooting allowed. Target shooting IS NOT allowed in the MNP.

Usual Disclaimer. DO NOT go by this map yet, it's not officially out. Just some pics of what it looks like. It will be double sided like the old map to show the upper and eastern deserts and the mtns and valleys on the other side.

Big thanks to Jorge at Bass Pro for getting the ball rolling. Right now they are waiting on San Berdoo to roll with it. If you know anyone who has horsepower in the SB County Goverment we need to let them know that dove season opens in 2 weeks and we need this map available ASAP so us hunters and shooters can stay legal. Map will sell for about $5 Jorge said at many sporting goods stores and online versions will be out there too.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/images/san_berdoo_shooting_map_2008_south_mtns.jpg

jaymz
08-12-2008, 4:43 PM
That's much better than the one online at the Special Districts website. Hopefully it will be available for purchase ASAP. From the looks of it, I've been target shooting in a questionable area for years.:(

spectr17
08-12-2008, 9:46 PM
We had the old SB shooting map on our website and SB asked us to take it down so no one got in trouble using it. I'm surprised they still have their copy online. Mine is 1994 issue I think.

LA County shooting map isn't even a hope yet. The old one is way out of date and they asked us also to take down our online version of the map.

Rumpled
08-13-2008, 2:28 AM
We had the old SB shooting map on our website and SB asked us to take it down so no one got in trouble using it. I'm surprised they still have their copy online. Mine is 1994 issue I think.

LA County shooting map isn't even a hope yet. The old one is way out of date and they asked us also to take down our online version of the map.

It really stinks that both counties don't update the maps for about 15 years and leave us nothing to go with.

We're all trying to do the right thing, and they won't even give us the info.

Jesse's doing his best to keep us all informed and all he can give us is really old info.

triaged
08-21-2008, 1:18 PM
Any more info on this?

Sydwaiz
08-21-2008, 2:04 PM
Nice work! How far up till the red stops?

jkcerda
08-21-2008, 11:13 PM

cool, looks like we are close, (Fontucky)

any good place for rabbits nearby?

my daughter is taking her hunters edu. course in DEC> and want to go out:)

spectr17
08-22-2008, 8:42 PM
I talked to John Hybarger today who is the Chairperson for L.A. County Fish & Game Commission about the L.A. County Shooting Area Map. He said to get the ball rolling for a new shooting area map we need to get folks to write a letter to the commission asking for the shooting area map to be redrawn and printed like San Bernardino County just did.

If you would like L.A. County to redo their map please write the commission at:

Fish & Game Commission
500 West Temple St, Room B-50
Los Angeles 90012

Their website is http://fishandgame.lacountycommissions.info/

xdimitrix
08-22-2008, 9:16 PM
Is the LA county map just for hunting? I thought all of the county was off-limits to target shooting unless it's at an official range?

spectr17
08-23-2008, 3:49 PM
From what John from the LA County Fish & Game Commission said the only legal places to target shoot are the designated ranges like Burro Canyon etc. The shooting area map will show where you can legally hunt with rifle and shotgun.

acousticmood
08-23-2008, 9:33 PM
Hey Jesse,

Any word on where or when the SB county map will be available for purchase?

packnrat
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
not to worry as the ohv area is going to the military, for a new shooting range.:eek:

:TFH:

spectr17
08-24-2008, 4:03 PM
Hey Jesse,

Any word on where or when the SB county map will be available for purchase?

Nothing has changed Acoustic from my first post. Have you contacted the San Bernardino County Fish & Game Commission to ask why the map is not out yet?

Big thanks to Jorge at Bass Pro for getting the ball rolling. Right now they are waiting on San Berdoo to roll with it. If you know anyone who has horsepower in the SB County Goverment we need to let them know that dove season opens in 2 weeks and we need this map available ASAP so us hunters and shooters can stay legal.

acousticmood
08-24-2008, 7:14 PM
Nothing has changed Acoustic from my first post. Have you contacted the San Bernardino County Fish & Game Commission to ask why the map is not out yet?

Will do.

Gunaria
09-30-2008, 5:19 PM
What's the latest word on this Jesse?

Esquire
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
The proposed map looks great - easy to read and clear as to the different shooting areas.

Anyone has an update on the new SB county shooting map? I recall seeing a thread that said the map is scheduled to go to print this fall?

Thanks for any info you might have.

ke6guj
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Last I heard, one of the agencies involved, F&G?, quashed the new "easy to read" version and it is being reverted to the older format.

edit: here is the latest info I've seen, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=188335