PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the san joaquin delta

Bobula
08-11-2008, 9:00 PM
Just got back from an awful fishing adventure. The fishing was awesome, caught 20 or 25 striper (only one keeper), and 6 keeper catfish between the 4 of us. As we were leaving our last fishing hole the boat died, wouldn't start back up, and the oars were missing. The sheriffs office no longer does tow ins, and the service they referred us to wanted $275 per hour, 3 hour minimum to two us in. Then the smallest bass boat I'd ever seen tried to give us a jump with no luck, and they were to small to tow us in. Several jetskis passed, but non of the A-holes would stop. We ended up drifting into an area with cell reception and I was able to call a friend to come tow us in, thank god!
I left the house at 5:am, and just got home about 15 minutes ago. To top it off, I forgot sunscreen, and got some sweet sock tan lines.

r08ert209cali
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
go to west marine and sign up for boat us its like AAA on the water.sorry for the crapy trip.at least it makes a good story.

BigMac
08-12-2008, 6:00 AM
Thats why I like a boat with 2 motors ;)

ZOMBIEHUNTER
08-12-2008, 6:14 PM
and always check the boat for oars and other safety gear that happened to my buddy in San Pablo bay after a day of sturgeon fishing his batteries died he got towed back in at a nice cost

Bobula
08-12-2008, 6:53 PM
I made sure the boat owner bought oars and a new map today. His map still had I-5 through lathrop listed as HIGHWAY 50! The map was older then the boat!