PDA

View Full Version : Obama.

nicki
08-10-2008, 8:35 PM
I am not for Obama, and I'm not going to vote for him. I will probably vote for McCain even though I disagree with him on other issues because he is the better candidate between the two of them for the country.

That being said, if you step back and look at the campaigns, Obama's campaign is all image, he appeals to people's hopes, his campaign is all image, no real substance.

He appeals to people's hearts, unlike Hillary, Obama doesn't enrage people.

I don't hate Obama as a person, but I am against what he stands for.

Obama is young, he is energetic, he is charismatic, he makes people feel good, he is literally a "Rock Star" candidate.

While some have compared him to JFK, I don't.

Fortunately as I write this I have seen some great campaign adds from John McCain which I hope will do the trick.

Some gun owners believe him when he says he supports the 2nd amendment and that he only wants reasonable gun laws.

These gun owners are more concerned with other issues first and they will give him a pass figuring he isn't going to do much anyway.

Nicki

Shotgun Man
08-10-2008, 8:45 PM
he is literally a "Rock Star" candidate.

LOL. He's gonna lose.

I don't like McCain either, but the Dems could not pick a better candidate to lose.

What a smarmy jerk.

I'm clinging to my guns, am I?

How does that engender unity?

pizzatorte
08-10-2008, 8:45 PM
Californians should vote None of the Above. Obama is going to take the electoral votes for the state by a 20 point margin. Voting for McCain will make you feel dirty and will have no tangible effect whatsoever. McCain has repeatedly expressed and demonstrated his contempt for the law of the land. Voting for him is not an ethical option.

Give both parties the finger. If enough people do it, they might even notice.

bwiese
08-10-2008, 8:51 PM
Why would voting for McCain make me feel dirty?

War hero.
Attractive wife.
Wife owns beer distributorship.
'Nuff said.

C.G.
08-10-2008, 8:52 PM
Give both parties the finger. If enough people do it, they might even notice.

Sure.:rolleyes:

dfletcher
08-10-2008, 8:56 PM
I am not for Obama, and I'm not going to vote for him. I will probably vote for McCain even though I disagree with him on other issues because he is the better candidate between the two of them for the country.

That being said, if you step back and look at the campaigns, Obama's campaign is all image, he appeals to people's hopes, his campaign is all image, no real substance.

Obama is young, he is energetic, he is charismatic, he makes people feel good, he is literally a "Rock Star" candidate.

Fortunately as I write this I have seen some great campaign adds from John McCain which I hope will do the trick.

Some gun owners believe him when he says he supports the 2nd amendment and that he only wants reasonable gun laws.

These gun owners are more concerned with other issues first and they will give him a pass figuring he isn't going to do much anyway.

Nicki

"Ich bin ein Beginner"

Stole that line from someone, can't recall who, but it seems appropriate.

Solidmch
08-10-2008, 9:09 PM

War hero.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

Beer and boobs I am in:43:

Bukowski
08-10-2008, 9:17 PM
While Obama seems to have some obvious failings as a candidate, I must say, the idiotcy of the American electorate can not be underestimated. I think this may be a close one :TFH:

pizzatorte
08-10-2008, 9:23 PM

"I work in Washington and I know that money corrupts. And I and a lot of other people were trying to stop that corruption. Obviously, from what we've been seeing lately, we didn't complete the job. But I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."

Somebody who is happy to wipe his *** with the Constitution in order to git-r-done doesn't bear any further consideration.

mk19
08-10-2008, 9:32 PM
can't stand Obama, mainly because i can't believe a word he says, then again why would i listen to that gun grabbing wanna be JFK. Hate to vote for McCain as well but find myself more and more tempted to vote for him, dunno much about the whole war hero thing, when ever someone says he was a war hero, this clip from family guy comes to mind. veteran day parade- john McCain experience-getting poked with a stick in a cage-wanting to become the president) but hot wife is a plus:)

Ironchef
08-10-2008, 9:37 PM
Wow, looks like the "glamour" ads McCain has been playing have hit some people here! lol I saw them twice during the olympics even though McCain's ads in CA are supposed to be fruitless. THen I saw a nice, non-attack ad from Obama that easily rang more true than McBush's ad. But hey, what can you expect from the secret manchurian muslim married to the lady who hates america...

Obama '08!

nobs11
08-10-2008, 9:43 PM
secret manchurian muslim

I was waiting for people to start crapping on his ethnicity or religion. As usual, you guys don't disappoint.

I will not be voting for Obama, but I am not willing to slander him or McCain and taking cheap shots at people's race or religion.

spsellars
08-10-2008, 9:49 PM
I was waiting for people to start crapping on his ethnicity or religion. As usual, you guys don't disappoint.

:rolleyes: Was his sarcasm really that hard for you to see? (In case it was - He's an Obama supporter attempting to mock the "other side's" argument.)

Ironchef
08-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Correct. From spending lots of time on 2A type boards like this and others, I get to see all the fun slurs and name calling attributed to Obama and it is no secret to some that he's a secret Manchurian candidate and he's Muslim, despite no proof or even a shread of evidence thus.

And for what it's worth, I'm voting for him for more than just one topic so many are convinced he'll destroy (2A)..despite the obvious mixed opinions he's shown towards it. There's alot more to being president than just taking our guns..but to some, that's all some people see. What's sad is, it'll be congress and the senate who'll destroy the 2A more likely than Obama...should he win and complete his term(s) before some gun nuts...do their thing.

bwiese
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
, it'll be congress and the senate who'll destroy the 2A more likely than Obama...should he win and complete his term(s) before some gun nuts...do their thing.

Nope. Congress/Senate pro-gun balance will stay about the same this election.

I'm confident that no unfavorable national gun legislation will take hold.

But if someone of the 5 pro-gun votes on the Supremes kicks off, post-Heller cases will not develop as fruitfully as they should if they were replaced by an Obama nomination (Obaination?) If one of the 4 antis drops, their replacement by Obama nomination won't skew things.

For gunnies this election is all about the Supremes and nothing else.

Others apparently are just "people with guns" that apparently need to worry about their welfare cookies and subsidized rents.

Bizcuits
08-10-2008, 11:09 PM

War hero.

Nuff said there. McCain earned my vote when he refused to be released from the north vietnamese prison camps, until the other servicemen were released.

I'll trust him with this country any day of the week.

navyinrwanda
08-11-2008, 3:00 AM
Somebody who is happy to wipe his *** with the Constitution in order to git-r-done doesn't bear any further consideration.

What evidence do you have that Obama would not be much more inclined to "re-interpret" the Constitution to fit his worldview?

Jorge
08-11-2008, 4:53 AM
Classy. :rolleyes:

And you expected something more from stormfront...err Calguns?

aileron
08-11-2008, 5:22 AM

War hero.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

Hmmm... they should of run this as a campaign add.

egnilk66
08-11-2008, 5:51 AM
Enjoy!!

http://oflifeandliberty.blogspot.com/search?q=obama
http://obamawtf.blogspot.com
http://obama-exposed.blogspot.com/

heycorey
08-11-2008, 6:11 AM
No matter what ..., we'll always have Paris.

jumbopanda
08-11-2008, 6:16 AM

You're honestly comparing Calguns to Stormfront? Seriously? :confused:

To answer your question, I personally expect a lot more. If you have such a low opinion of this forum, go somewhere else. We don't need your smarmy little remarks.

chris
08-11-2008, 8:49 AM

War hero. POW for years endured toture and refused to go home until his fellow POW's went home too nuff said.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

all of the above is why i would vote for MCcain than a non experienced politician from Illinois. besides he's no JFK and no Lincoln.

Davidk
08-11-2008, 8:54 AM
And for what it's worth, I'm voting for him for more than just one topic so many are convinced he'll destroy (2A).

Yeah two topics,
Hope and change.

10TH AMENDMENT
08-11-2008, 9:12 AM

War hero.
Attractive Stone cold foxy wealthy wife.
'Nuff said.

John and Cindy in their younger years:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/solascriptura1984/cindy-mccain-pic2.jpg

John and Cindy on the campaign trail today:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/solascriptura1984/nm_mccain02_070525_ms.jpg

Also darn near if not complete 100% pro gun voting record. And best of all, John is not a metrosexual girlie-boy and will kick some serious *** when the next enemy of America attempts to murder a bunch of us!

Now there's 'Nuff Said!;)

Besides, voting for Obama wouldn't only make me feel "dirty", it would make me feel "hypnotized".

Jorge
08-11-2008, 10:14 AM
You're honestly comparing Calguns to Stormfront? Seriously? :confused:

To answer your question, I personally expect a lot more. If you have such a low opinion of this forum, go somewhere else. We don't need your smarmy little remarks.

Obviously my "smarty little remark" touched a nerve with you. If you don't think wishing for a lone gunman to take out Osama is not stormfront-esque, then I dont know what to tell you. How about wishing death to illegal immigrants via snake pits, land mines, acid, and of course the ole gun shot to the head? Shall I go on? I'm not the only calgunner who thinks this either, I'm just more vocal about it. Even though I'm not a member at SF, I read that place all the time just to try to understand how they think. Do you? I can tell you for certainty there's atleast one member there who I know of who is also an active member here as well. Oh well, that's their right to believe what they want it's a free country, just like it's my right to call a spade a spade when I see it.

By the way, I dont need you telling me where I can and cant post regardless of how high, low or whatever else I think of this place. None of my posts here have been derogatory towards anyone. How about this, if you dont like what I have to say or if my posting hurts your feelings again, then simply skip my posts. That or you can take your ball and go home. I couldn't care less. ;)

Scotty
08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I think we really need to push for Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin onto the ballot with McCain. At least she is a lifetime NRA member and isn't afraid to pick up a gun. Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCS2rHm2xfk about half way through is her shooting a M4. When's the last time you seen a politican pick up a gun and shoot it while visiting troops?

10TH AMENDMENT
08-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
You're honestly comparing Calguns to Stormfront? Seriously?

Obviously my "smarty little remark" touched a nerve with you. If you don't think wishing for a lone gunman to take out Osama is not stormfront-esque, then I dont know what to tell you. How about wishing death to illegal immigrants via snake pits, land mines, acid, and of course the ole gun shot to the head? Shall I go on? I'm not the only calgunner who thinks this either, I'm just more vocal about it. Even though I'm not a member at SF, I read that place all the time just to try to understand how they think. Do you? I can tell you for certainty there's atleast one member there who I know of who is also an active member here as well. Oh well, that's their right to believe what they want it's a free country, just like it's my right to call a spade a spade when I see it.

By the way, I dont need you telling me where I can and cant post regardless of how high, low or whatever else I think of this place. None of my posts here have been derogatory towards anyone. How about this, if you dont like what I have to say or if my posting hurts your feelings again, then simply skip my posts. That or you can take your ball and go home. I couldn't care less. ;)

So classic. So predictable. Same old bromides employed to brand anyone who opposes the ideas or goals of someone who is a member of one of the "special" "minority" classes. Associate them with "Stormfront". Label them xenophobic. Imply they all are white racist Nazis from "Stormfront" (because, of course, everyone knows only white people are racist) longing for the good old days of Jim Crow, the KKK, The Third Reich and the genocide of illegal immigrants.

Well, it's far past getting old and it doesn't have the full effect and desired result that it used to have.

Hey Jorge, if I promote the concept that "black" dollars be re-invested in the black community to advance the progress of black people, am I "racist"? If I demand that successful black professionals are obligated to maintain their residences in the black "community", am I "racist"? If I label any black person who integrates himself into "white" social circles an "Uncle Tom", am I "racist"? If I proclaim on a nationally broadcast cable news station that I want "cut the nuts out" of a black US Senator for "talking down to black people", am I a "racist"?

Hey, just tryin' to "keep it real" by "calling a spade a spade" as you say!;)

Jorge
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Of course rev Jackson is a known racist and an idiot with his own agenda. Your point being? I guess all of those things you mentioned are on the same level as wanting to blow some illegals brains out alongside senator Obamas. I've seen the light now, thank you.

So classic. So predictable. Same old bromides employed to brand anyone who opposes the ideas or goals of someone who is a member of one of the "special" "minority" classes. Associate them with "Stormfront". Label them xenophobic. Imply they all are white racist Nazis (because, of course, everyone knows only white people are racist) longing for the good old days of Jim Crow, the KKK, The Third Reich and the genocide of illegal immigrants.

Well, it's far past getting old and it doesn't have the full effect and desired result that it used to have.

Hey Jorge, if I promote the concept that "black" dollars be re-invested in the black community to advance the progress of black people, am I "racist"? If I demand that successful black professionals are obligated to maintain their residences in the black "community", am I "racist"? If I label any black person who integrates himself into "white" social circles an "Uncle Tom", am I "racist"? If I proclaim on a nationally broadcast cable news station that I want "cut the nuts out" of a black US Senator for "talking down to black people", am I a "racist"?

Hey, just tryin' to "keep it real" by "calling a spade a spade" as you say!;)

steadyrock
08-11-2008, 11:42 AM

Personally I have no problem wishing that a lone gunman would take out Osama. Or did you mean Obama? :eek: Before painting California's largest gun forum with your broad brush of idiocy, you might want to think twice about what's going on in your own head. Admitting you hang out on Stormfront's website, calling Barack Obama "Osama", and attempting to classify everyone here as Nazis is very telling of your own thought processes, IMO.

Jorge
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh my mistake, typing too fast at work. Ok then, I'm leaving this place so you guys can go back to patting each other on the back. I'll continue converting some antis (some aren't possible to) and make sure they never make it to this place.

10TH AMENDMENT
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh my mistake, typing too fast at work. Ok then, I'm leaving this place so you guys can go back to patting each other on the back. I'll continue converting some antis (some aren't possible to) and make sure they never make it to this place.

:nopity:

10TH AMENDMENT
08-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Of course rev Jackson is a known racist and an idiot with his own agenda. Your point being? I guess all of those things you mentioned are on the same level as wanting to blow some illegals brains out alongside senator Obamas. I've seen the light now, thank you.

Um, I doubt it.

You better check the switch again! :sleeping:

bwiese
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Jorge,

What is wrong with holding illegal aliens responsible for the crimes they commit and the social deterioration they cause?

Why shoudn't our treatment of illegals from Mexico be exactly the same as Mexico's treatment of someone illegally entering their country? Perhaps you don't know, but Mexico's treatment of illegals is not all sweetness & light.

M. Sage
08-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Wow, that's one of the most ignorant things I've heard here, and I have heard a few...

Most of the Calgunners I know aren't white...

truthseeker
08-11-2008, 1:08 PM
Wow, that's one of the most ignorant things I've heard here, and I have heard a few...

Most of the Calgunners I know aren't white...

I am, did I win something?

Gator Monroe
08-11-2008, 1:14 PM

War hero.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

Ditto ! (Plus the Primitives hate him )

sfwdiy
08-11-2008, 2:02 PM
Not a fan of McCain or Obama. I'll be writing in for someone else. Not sure who yet. Oh, and....

...In before the lock!

--Ben

xrMike
08-11-2008, 2:47 PM
I'd feel a lot better about voting for McCain if he had NOT co-authored (along with everybody's favorite dirtbag -- Ted Kennedy) that ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE immigration reform bill awhile back... basically it was just another amnesty program.

And then he spoke publicly to that dirtbag "La Raza" organization recently too. I don't like that either.

Not sure I can vote for the man. I may have to vote for Ron Paul. He has just about as much chance of winning CA's electoral votes as John McCain does anyway (read: zilch, zip, not a CHANCE!).

McCain has no chance whatsoever of taking CA's 55 electoral votes. Your McCain vote is a WASTED VOTE, no different from a RON PAUL vote really. Might as well write in Mickey Mouse's name while you're at it.

I honestly hope McCain wins, but the rest of the country will have to make it happen, because CA is lost.

timmyb21
08-11-2008, 3:07 PM
I'd feel a lot better about voting for McCain if he had NOT co-authored (along with everybody's favorite dirtbag -- Ted Kennedy) that ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE immigration reform bill awhile back... basically it was just another amnesty program.

And then he spoke publicly to that dirtbag "La Raza" organization recently too. I don't like that either.

Not sure I can vote for the man. I may have to vote for Ron Paul. He has just about as much chance of winning CA's electoral votes as John McCain does anyway (read: zilch, zip, not a CHANCE!).

McCain has no chance whatsoever of taking CA's 55 electoral votes. Your McCain vote is a WASTED VOTE, no different from a RON PAUL vote really. Might as well write in Mickey Mouse's name while you're at it.

I honestly hope McCain wins, but the rest of the country will have to make it happen, because CA is lost.
I hate it when people say that "if you vote for so and so your vote is wasted, so don't vote." Ignorance. I'll vote for McCain, just because the least it will do is cancel out someone elses Obama vote. Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to vote because it's a waste. Vote just to spite them.

bulgron
08-11-2008, 3:19 PM
I hate it when people say that "if you vote for so and so your vote is wasted, so don't vote." Ignorance. I'll vote for McCain, just because the least it will do is cancel out someone elses Obama vote. Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to vote because it's a waste. Vote just to spite them.

McCain might not win CA's electoral votes, but there's a lot to be said for winning the popular vote nationwide. If McCain takes the popular vote, then regardless of what happens in the electoral college, it'll be a big deal.

Therefore, a vote for McCain IS NOT a wasted vote.

I'm voting for McCain because Obama is a lying scumbag of a politician who wants to grab your guns, raise your taxes, and turn you into a "citizen of the world" (where, presumably, you have no constitutional protections). Any vote for someone other than McCain is just a validation of Obama's policies, especially if Obama wins the popular vote.

steadyrock
08-11-2008, 3:34 PM
McCain might not win CA's electoral votes, but there's a lot to be said for winning the popular vote nationwide. If McCain takes the popular vote, then regardless of what happens in the electoral college, it'll be a big deal.

How will it be a big deal? If BHO is in the White House, he's in the White House. I really don't see the point of popular vote vs electoral vote pissing matches; there's only one result that matters. 8 years later, is it a "big deal" that Gore won the popular vote?

Full disclosure: I'm voting McCain FTW. I don't support him on everything, but I'm too pragmatic to be a third-party voter. A vote for Not McCain is the same as a vote for BHO in my book, and I simply couldn't stomach the thought of having helped him get elected.

M. Sage
08-11-2008, 3:51 PM
I am, did I win something?

Yep! You get to sunburn more easily and have a higher risk of melanoma. :p

... just like me.

bulgron
08-11-2008, 5:38 PM
How will it be a big deal?

Because it would take away any moral legitimacy that Obama might feel that he has in winning the whitehouse. He would, hopefully, make his step more lightly. At the very least it means that in 4 years he'll have an awfully tough re-election race, so we could hope anyway that he would go easy on the anti-gun stuff in the first four years.

If BHO is in the White House, he's in the White House. I really don't see the point of popular vote vs electoral vote pissing matches; there's only one result that matters. 8 years later, is it a "big deal" that Gore won the popular vote?

It is to a great many people. Bush has never had much moral legitimacy in the ends of American liberals because they feel to this day that the man stole the Whitehouse.

Meplat
08-11-2008, 6:13 PM
Unless the other guy is a bigger *** wipe.

tankerman
08-11-2008, 6:42 PM
Is it just me or do all his treads/posts seem like series of Haiku?

I don't like O bama
I disagree with him on other issues
He appeals to people

Nicki

steadyrock
08-11-2008, 7:26 PM
Because it would take away any moral legitimacy that Obama might feel that he has in winning the whitehouse. He would, hopefully, make his step more lightly. At the very least it means that in 4 years he'll have an awfully tough re-election race, so we could hope anyway that he would go easy on the anti-gun stuff in the first four years.

It is to a great many people. Bush has never had much moral legitimacy in the ends of American liberals because they feel to this day that the man stole the Whitehouse.

Unless it shapes policy, which it has not, it's not a big deal. The same will be true if Obama wins in the way you have described (which I hope doesn't happen, but it may). The President doesn't have to care about "moral legitimacy", a win is a win. And if I recall, Bush won in a pretty hefty landslide in 2004 despite how the hard left liberals felt.

braskin
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM

War hero.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

You forgot about his very attractive daughter!

AEC1
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
BHO is jaked up on so many other things I wouldent vote forhim if he promised to repeal all gun laws and issue me a tommy gun, cause he would have to raise taxes so damn high to do i!!! Guns are but one reason that he is not liked by conservitives. Taxes and the UN and world citizen issue are bad enough for me...

Blacktail 8541
08-12-2008, 7:31 AM

War hero.
Attractive wife.
'Nuff said.

That definatley deserves a +1

Blacktail 8541
08-12-2008, 7:52 AM
As much as Obama is a motivational speaker, the depth in substance is not there. No firm stance on anything that may cost him a vote. He is the quintesintial "elect me because I'm different canidate."

Guntech
08-12-2008, 10:35 AM
LOL. He's gonna lose.

I don't like McCain either, but the Dems could not pick a better candidate to lose.

What a smarmy jerk.

I'm clinging to my guns, am I?

How does that engender unity?

Yeah if that doesn't tell you he will take our guns than I dont know what will lol

viras
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
http://fanonite.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/nobody.jpg

bobbarker
08-12-2008, 1:28 PM
Ya know, even barring the gun thing(Which is a BIG reason I'm voting for McCain) He is a war hero, and in a time where America is going to be at war for quite a few more years, I want McCain in office. Why? Because he knows what it's like, he understands better than anybody even serving today what it's like to be a POW. And if we do ever end up fighting a country that upholds the Geneva Conventions, or at least keeps POW's instead of cutting off heads, I'd like to know that McCain would be doing everything he could to get them home, without endangering the war effort. Obama, I feel would do whatever he had to to get those POWS home REGARDLESS of what it did to the war effort, or America. Because it's what the civilians want.

And, to add to that, A vote for ANY candidate is not wasted. It's not only your right to vote, it's your responsibility.

biznacho
08-12-2008, 8:10 PM
Another reason not to vote for Obama!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp

Steyr_223
08-12-2008, 8:18 PM
Bob Barr in 2008, the only sane choice in an insane world

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/second-amendment/