PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Fishing for Stripers at Ocean Beach?

Thefeeder
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Is the fishing any better than last year? Any news from the usual crowd of popper throwers?

WhoDat
08-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Saw the guys working Linda Mar today, but didn't get a chance to join 'em. Doing Butts in the Bay tomorrow...

But I hear there have been a few runs. Grab a rod and hit the beach. If things are slow at Ocean Beach, drive a few minutes down to Pacifica... hit the trailer park, the Pier, Rockaway, and Linda Mar. It seems like the bite migrates North, once people latch into 'em. I'm a newbie, but that's what I've seen so far this year.

Thefeeder
08-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info.... I"ll hit the my haunts tomorrow night at the top of the tide and see if I can hookup....Hit the halies early before the wind kicks up and you should do good.

E__WOK
08-11-2008, 6:21 PM
Is the fishing any better than last year? Any news from the usual crowd of popper throwers?

I heard there can be some good fishing over at Baker Beach.

WhoDat
08-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I heard about a run about a week and a half ago at Rockaway where everyone had gotten limits of huge fish and was doing C&R.

I missed that one... dang.

GuyW
08-12-2008, 2:09 PM
Ooops - my mistake.

I thought it asked, "Is anyone fishing for strippers at Ocean Beach"...

JamesY
08-14-2008, 6:55 PM
There was a run of stripers/strippers at Baker Beach two weeks ago. Yes, the stripers were biting and the HOT HOT HOT Swedish chicks were butt nekkid walking around looking at the fish we were catching. My buddy got a pic of a bat ray some guy caught with one of the hot chicks in the backgroud looking at it... Needless to say, not many people notice the fish in the pics!!!

nothing4u
08-14-2008, 8:50 PM
:useless:

Thefeeder
08-14-2008, 9:10 PM
:useless:

So here is a pic 20lb'er ...... hooked while fishing for perch at Ocean Beach

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/thefeeder/IMG_1679.jpg

nothing4u
08-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Very nice.

USN CHIEF
08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Ooops - my mistake.

Yeah no kidding. Kind of a misleading tittle of the thread:(:D:p

viras
08-15-2008, 1:01 PM
Torrey Pines beach is doing very well right now for shore fishing. Last Sunday, North of Tower 7, we pulled in 4 Hali's (only one legal one), and a bunch of Perch, Corbina, and Yellow-fin Croakers. Haven't heard of any Striper's caught in that area though. We were using sand crabs, which are plentiful right now.

For more info, visit sdfish.com, and click on Forums > Surf Fishing:

Surf Fishing at SDfish.com (http://sdfish.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=77&func=showcat&catid=32)

Thefeeder
08-15-2008, 6:16 PM
Ooops - my mistake.

Come on!

Everybody knows you fish for stripers and troll for strippers.

But be warned! ....the water is pretty muddy in this town

5150Marcelo
08-15-2008, 6:20 PM
Nice striper! I will be fishing yellowfin tuna outta San Diego in 2 weeks. I'll be throwing a 2 ounce, 9 inch long popper at them, They usually tear this up!

G-Man WC
08-15-2008, 8:47 PM
Fished napa river today. Lots of sturgen rolling near vallejo and napa river entrance. Nada in the river yet (to early) for stripers on bull heads. Maybe another month! Got beat down hard by the wind waves early waiting for the tide to swing at buoy-11.
Going to grab some live bail early tomorrow in berkeley and head out to baker beach and then to cliff house for halibut/stripers. If the winds down, off to the Farallons or bolinas for rock cod. I'll post a report tomorrow. -g

Thefeeder
06-22-2009, 6:02 PM
Well it that time again at Ocean Beach......whos been hooking'em

Darklyte27
06-22-2009, 6:04 PM
duno bout ocean beach but where I fish, its starting to pick back up slowly..
my uncle got a 21 inch, i didnt get anything cept a boring flownder about 2 weeks ago.