PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Propose Bill to Repeal D.C.s Semi-Auto Pistol Ban

radioburning
08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Of course Pelosi is being a stick in the mud about it. Can we get a pro-2A politician post on here at the next election?...

The bill, to be numbered H.R. 6691, would repeal the district’s ban on semi-automatic pistols, the requirement that handguns be registered, and allow District residents from traveling to Virginia or Maryland to buy guns. The District currently forbids importing guns, and there are no registered gun dealers with shops in Washington.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-opposes-gun-bill-but-may-allow-vote-2008-07-31.html

csmintel
08-07-2008, 11:24 PM
they are up to something.... I can feel it.

leelaw
08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
they are up to something.... I can feel it.

Yeah, they don't want a good ruling on what a "machinegun" is, and how it can be controlled.

Mute
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Since the Heller ruling, they can make this empty gesture and present themselves as pro-2nd A without losing much. If in fact this passes, what would inevitably have happened anyways just happens sooner. In addition, it pre-empts any further clarification by a court in favor of individual rights. This is a very shrewd move.

Nevermore
08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
And as I mentioned in another thread, but allowing Dems from "red states" to introduce it, they can then go back home and brag how 2A friendly they are.

bwiese
08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
A valid pro-gun vote from a member of either party is what it is: a valid pro-gun vote.

If a Demo is pro-gun, he should receive pro-gun support.

I believe this is to separate Dems: "see these Dems are OK, but lookit that Obama grabber...".

It also brings gun issues front & center in the election, it'll be fun to watch Obama tap-dance.

dilligaffrn
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
A valid pro-gun vote from a member of either party is what it is: a valid pro-gun vote.

If a Demo is pro-gun, he should receive pro-gun support.

I believe this is to separate Dems: "see these Dems are OK, but lookit that Obama grabber...".

It also brings gun issues front & center in the election, it'll be fun to watch Obama tap-dance.

Ditto!

Shotgun Man
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM

Your language evokes past history of minstrel shows and is therefore non-compliant with political correctness.

bwiese
08-08-2008, 1:25 PM
Your language evokes past history of minstrel shows and is therefore non-compliant with political correctness.

Bwaah. I didn't even think of that. But "tap dancing around an issue..." is a fairly common political turn of phrase.

gose
08-08-2008, 1:44 PM
It also brings gun issues front & center in the election, it'll be fun to watch Obama lap-dance.

There, made it more PC. :)

snobordr
08-08-2008, 1:59 PM
Originally Posted by bwiese
It also brings gun issues front & center in the election, it'll be fun to watch Obama lap-dance.

Oh.

Dear.

God.

No one wants to see that.

BroncoBob
08-08-2008, 2:42 PM
Yeah, I'll be interested in seeing how he works his way around 2 A. He is just another politian. Who knows maybe he'll flip-flop on the subject like he's been doing. Get the air gauge out. I predict about 100psi of hot air.