PDA

View Full Version : Holdup in Oaktown.....don't laugh....yes....again!

csmintel
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/07/BA3H126UV2.DTL&tsp=1

We need CCW shall issue here in SF and Bay Area. If there were people on the street collecting petition signatures for new initiative to allow free float of CCW permits in SF and Bay Area---I'd SIGN IT!

oaklander
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like it's time for a guitar party!

:D

sorensen440
08-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I think everyone here at calguns would sign it

AC Gould
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Where's Dirty Harry when ya need him???

Ironchef
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
OC dinner in Oakland? Think of how...fun it would be to have some dirtbag and his honeybunny come into Popeye's where a table of 10 OCers are sitting enjoying themselves. I can just hear it now, a 10 voice unison command "Put the gun down, get on the floor face down and put your hands on top of your head!!" THen of course whip out their OC pamphlets for the cops to see when they get there to arrest the neatly sprawled badguys with freshly soiled baggy pants.

Python2
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I can just hear it now, a 10 voice unison command "Put the gun down, get on the floor face down and put your hands on top of your head!!" .

Is that before or after pulling the mag out from the left hip, shove it in the well and rack the slide? Umnnn, dont know:eek:

Ironchef
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Is that before or after pulling the mag out from the left hip, shove it in the well and rack the slide? Umnnn, dont know:eek:

It's not like any restaurant robbers are going to get a drop on a table of OCers who are likely Calgunners well trained from posting in endless threads illustrating their vigilance, their ability to see the entrance, cars, etc. And even if, it's not like these guys can't be ready to rumble in 2 seconds as is often claimed. I'd need no more than 3 seconds to load, rack and aim.

Anyway, was meant to be fun..though 99% unlikely.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
08-07-2008, 1:14 PM
OC dinner in Oakland? Think of how...fun it would be to have some dirtbag and his honeybunny come into Popeye's where a table of 10 OCers are sitting enjoying themselves. I can just hear it now, a 10 voice unison command "Put the gun down, get on the floor face down and put your hands on top of your head!!" THen of course whip out their OC pamphlets for the cops to see when they get there to arrest the neatly sprawled badguys with freshly soiled baggy pants.

I know I'm quibbling here...

But actually it wouldn't technically be the PANTS that are soiled... as the belt goes mid-thigh.

WokMaster1
08-07-2008, 1:22 PM
Isn't there a "take back our streets" day/nite? The whole hood goes out & walk around their neighborhood at nite w/o fear of being robbed, molested or shot.

After Aug 31st, we can send OPD a letter & tell them that certain nites will be Open carry nite in Oakland. Then we can organize a Calguns/OpenCarry.org eat out nite.:) Just an idea.

oaklander
08-07-2008, 1:22 PM
I'm not too excited right now about OC until incorporation happens. However, we can have a lot of fun with unloaded "concealed" carry of long guns, which is perfectly legal.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg97/AMD-65/Romy%20G/IMG_0315.jpg

tgriffin
08-07-2008, 1:44 PM
I'm not too excited right now about OC until incorporation happens. However, we can have a lot of fun with unloaded "concealed" carry of long guns, which is perfectly legal.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg97/AMD-65/Romy%20G/IMG_0315.jpg

Oak, name the time and the place and the Ibanez will be replaced with the SKS for the night.

AJAX22
08-07-2008, 1:52 PM
I wish I was sticking around for one of the guitar parties.... would be fun.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/S5000846.jpg

unloaded concealed carry of long guns is a neat concept.

tgriffin
08-07-2008, 2:43 PM
I wish I was sticking around for one of the guitar parties.... would be fun.

unloaded concealed carry of long guns is a neat concept.

Where are you going?

tombinghamthegreat
08-07-2008, 4:00 PM

Question for unloaded concealed carry(12026??? kinda forgot), it only applies to transportaton of list of specific areas like range, going home, work ect. but would the law apply the same way to long guns as it would to handguns since long guns cannot be concealed according to the law?

AJAX22
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Where are you going?

New York City...

gonna be livin there for the next 2.5-3 years

BroncoBob
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
OP had it as CCW, Ironchief had it as OC. Much better to be CCW that way you don't have to be concerned with the 3 second issue for load, rack, aim. It's just rack and aim for pistols and just aim for revolvers. My 2 cents on the issue. Oh yeah forget the guitar case idea.