PDA

View Full Version : AB2062=AMMO BLACK MARKET???

m2hbvic
08-07-2008, 2:17 AM
So,........if AB2062 passed, would it eventually create an ammo black market or "ammo underground"???

Would people just have one of their friends or family members in another state buy the quantity of ammo that they want and ship it to them here in CA??? Same thing with reloading components like powder and primers???

And under AB2062, if the above happened, how would The Great Republic of Commiefornia even begin to enforce the idiotic bill and catch anyone shipping ammo into CA illegaly??? What,.........is CA going to pass another stupid AB and take over the USPS/FEDEX/UPS business and monitor all package shipments in and out of CA????

Where in the heck do these total idiots like Mr. de Leon, Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi, Koretz, etc. come from???????????? WHERE???????? It's practically unbelievable to actually see that this state, as well as this country, has got some real morons in the government!!!! And who are all the morons that elected these idiots into office???????
Vic

MolonLabe2008
08-07-2008, 6:33 AM
:hide:

kp94ss
08-07-2008, 6:44 AM
And who are all the morons that elected these idiots into office???????

Next time you leave your house, just look around.

AC Gould
08-07-2008, 7:42 AM
So,........if AB2062 passed, would it eventually create an ammo black market or "ammo underground"???

Certainly....Look to history for the answer. Anytime there is a prohibition on any item or service by law, it creates a 'black-market' and also creates a new 'business' opportunity for the criminal elements. Drugs, prostitution, gambling, booze, knives, guns....yada, yada. As long as there is a market...there will be someone to fill the needs for it.

aileron
08-07-2008, 7:43 AM
Of course it would create a black market. That is the number one problem with the law; it would create the infrastructure for far greater problems of destruction to move freely out of regulation.

Once bullets become a commodity for the black market other nasty things will start to move within it as well. Grenades, launchers, explosives etc, etc.

That is the number one problem with making it difficult to come by. It also shows the stupidity of the law makers.

dhistory
08-07-2008, 7:57 AM
You know what this means...time to stock up. I hate paying these crazy ammo prices, but we might have to say F*** it and get cases of it while still available. I don't know about you fellas, but I'm seriously considering archery and golfing.

GW
08-07-2008, 9:26 AM
I don't know about you fellas, but I'm seriously considering archery and golfing.

That is exactly what the gun-grabbers are hoping for:rolleyes:

Silverback
08-07-2008, 9:27 AM
Certainly....Look to history for the answer. Anytime there is a prohibition on any item or service by law, it creates a 'black-market' and also creates a new 'business' opportunity for the criminal elements. Drugs, prostitution, gambling, booze, knives, guns....yada, yada. As long as there is a market...there will be someone to fill the needs for it.

Al Capone did quite well for quite a while.:)

Gator Monroe
08-07-2008, 9:43 AM
That is exactly what the gun-grabbers are hoping for:rolleyes:

Liberals & Democrats (Excluding the Firearms afficianados who happen to be Dem/Libs here)

domokun
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
You know what this means...time to stock up. I hate paying these crazy ammo prices, but we might have to say F*** it and get cases of it while still available. I don't know about you fellas, but I'm seriously considering archery and golfing.

Stocking up on ammo will only work for a short time because you WILL run out at some point and will need to buy more.

Gator Monroe
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Stocking up on ammo will only work for a short time because you WILL run out at some point and will need to buy more.

Shoot .22lr & save the 308 & 762 ...

DIG
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Of course it would create a black market. That is the number one problem with the law; it would create the infrastructure for far greater problems of destruction to move freely out of regulation.

Once bullets become a commodity for the black market other nasty things will start to move within it as well. Grenades, launchers, explosives etc, etc.

That is the number one problem with making it difficult to come by. It also shows the stupidity of the law makers.

Sad but true. Theoretically speaking, things like this just may happen (on a grander scale) by (some) ordinary citizens who now feel backed into a corner and stripped of their God-given rights that most of America can enjoy. When rational men are forced to comply with irrational law & totalitarian rule, the resulting behavior would be pretty predictable.
[..Yet another reason to divide the state and put the wack-jobs on one side and us on the other... -end fantasy]:o:hide:

DIG
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Fall of 06 and spring of 07 were a good time to stock up, right before prices started getting ridiculas. The thought of buying 4 or 5 cases at a time of 556 or 7.62x51 (or ANY type of ammo in fact) these days is too scarey to consider.
WIFE: Aaah, what the f**k happened to the balance on the Visa?!!!:mad: It's got a charge of $11,357.87 from ______!!!!!!:90:
ME: Wow! Looks like someone must have stole our identity when I was at the gun show last month. I'll have to check with the bank and get back to you.
..in an attempt for me to run out of the kitchen..::7:

bohoki
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
yea now when i'm pushing my shopping cart down at the black market
bail of weed check
kilo of cocane
bagie of crank
ballon of smack
bottle of hydrogenated vegetable oil
14 hand grenades
high-capacity magazine
brick of 22lr

Ironchef
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm just planning on trips to Reno for a year's supply at a time. And if things get tight and I don't feel like taking the 5 hour drive round trip to Cabelas...

I might have to go here to shop...
http://www.adamswindowtinting.com/nss-folder/pictures/black%20market.JPG

Crazed_SS
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM

Would people just have one of their friends or family members in another state buy the quantity of ammo that they want and ship it to them here in CA??? Same thing with reloading components like powder and primers???

And under AB2062, if the above happened, how would The Great Republic of Commiefornia even begin to enforce the idiotic bill and catch anyone shipping ammo into CA illegaly??? What,.........is CA going to pass another stupid AB and take over the USPS/FEDEX/UPS business and monitor all package shipments in and out of CA????

Where in the heck do these total idiots like Mr. de Leon, Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi, Koretz, etc. come from???????????? WHERE???????? It's practically unbelievable to actually see that this state, as well as this country, has got some real morons in the government!!!! And who are all the morons that elected these idiots into office???????
Vic

Ammo black market? .. I doubt it. Gangbangers and crooks only one box of ammo and that'll probably last them a lifetime. Wont be too hard for them to get a gf or someone to buy a 100rd value pack at Wally world.

Law-abiding gun-owners are going to comply with the law as written. SB23 hasnt created a black market of hi-cap mags, has it? That's the sad part of all this.. All it's gonna do is create more hassle for us :(

DIG
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
yea now when i'm pushing my shopping cart down at the black market
bail of weed check
kilo of cocane
bagie of crank
ballon of smack
bottle of hydrogenated vegetable oil
14 hand grenades
high-capacity magazine
brick of 22lr

you forgot the vials of ketamine.

Officer: I just need to see your license and registration right meow...
Driver: ..excuse me sir, did you just say "meow"?

M. D. Van Norman
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Some of it will depend on the price of ammunition. If there is a profit to be made through smuggling, then there will be plenty of black-market ammo.

I buy everything I can on line, because it is so much more convenient and often less expensive than going to a brick-and-mortar store. Ammunition is no exception. If this bill passes into law, I will operate on more of a stockpile basis.

bruss01
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM

"Sport" is one of the reasons I own firearms but it is *FAR* from being the only reason. The time I would use for archery or golf - as entertaining as those pastimes sound - would be better spent casting bullets and reloading my spent rounds IF things ever become as restricted as some here believe they may.

chris
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Sad but true. Theoretically speaking, things like this just may happen (on a grander scale) by (some) ordinary citizens who now feel backed into a corner and stripped of their God-given rights that most of America can enjoy. When rational men are forced to comply with irrational law & totalitarian rule, the resulting behavior would be pretty predictable.
[..Yet another reason to divide the state and put the wack-jobs on one side and us on the other... -end fantasy]:o:hide:

+1 divide the state up...

Afmo
08-07-2008, 2:02 PM
+1 divide the state up...

can you state of jefferson??

M. Sage
08-07-2008, 3:38 PM
Law-abiding gun-owners are going to comply with the law as written. SB23 hasnt created a black market of hi-cap mags, has it? That's the sad part of all this.. All it's gonna do is create more hassle for us :(

SB23 hasn't what? Oh, really? I'm sure it actually has created more of a "black market" than you realize...

I'm not so sure that many (otherwise) law-abiding gun owners would be willing to follow this one.

Pred@tor
08-08-2008, 2:17 PM
Buy some bullet casting and reloading equipment I know commercial manufactured bullets are effected but casting your own is a good idea I am trying to find a caster for 9mm myself.

Crazed_SS
08-08-2008, 2:20 PM
SB23 hasn't what? Oh, really? I'm sure it actually has created more of a "black market" than you realize...

You think? Maybe Im just out of the loop.. not part of the gunnie underground :)

Mute
08-08-2008, 2:40 PM
SB23 hasn't created a black market for hi-cap mags because it's still legal to buy replacement parts for existing mags that were already in state. I'd bet a large number of these "replacement parts" purchases aren't just for replacing parts. If they had disallowed this as well, I think the likelihood that we'd now have a black market would be quite high.

packnrat
08-08-2008, 2:59 PM
i do not know if "black market" is the correct term...
but ca will lose a lot of tax moneys to other states.:eek:

:TFH:

m2hbvic
08-08-2008, 3:11 PM
If AB2062 did pass then I think a good idea would be to start taking ammo orders/payments from all the Calguns members, rent a U-Haul truck or cargo trailer, start making regular road trips to the big gunshows in Phoenix/Reno/Las Vegas, buy up case quantities of ammo at these shows, and then truck it back to "the promised land" (or was that "the land of broken promises", aka CA?). Screw AB2062, and screw the $35.00 "ammo license". Why the f**k do we need a license to buy ammo now, when we've done nothing wrong? Kinda like why do we need to "renew" our car registrations every year when we haven't changed anything and still drive the same damn car and still live at the same address, year after year after year???? Ooops,.........it must have to do with...............money! "They" (Thee Great Republic Of CA),...... just want our money! That's what I always tell my wife when she asks why the property taxes/car registration fees/DROS fees/smog check fees/gasoline taxes/etc. are so high. "They just want your money".

Well, if "they" want $35.00 for an ammo license,...........they aren't going to get it from me AB2062 is just plain BS, and so are the legislators that dream up crap like that.
Vic

BroncoBob
08-08-2008, 3:38 PM
If AB2062 did pass then I think a good idea would be to start taking ammo orders/payments from all the Calguns members, rent a U-Haul truck or cargo trailer, start making regular road trips to the big gunshows in Phoenix/Reno/Las Vegas, buy up case quantities of ammo at these shows, and then truck it back to "the promised land" (or was that "the land of broken promises", aka CA?). Screw AB2062, and screw the $35.00 "ammo license". Why the f**k do we need a license to buy ammo now, when we've done nothing wrong? Kinda like why do we need to "renew" our car registrations every year when we haven't changed anything and still drive the same damn car and still live at the same address, year after year after year???? Ooops,.........it must have to do with...............money! "They" (Thee Great Republic Of CA),...... just want our money! That's what I always tell my wife when she asks why the property taxes/car registration fees/DROS fees/smog check fees/gasoline taxes/etc. are so high. "They just want your money".

Well, if "they" want $35.00 for an ammo license,...........they aren't going to get it from me AB2062 is just plain BS, and so are the legislators that dream up crap like that.
Vic

Good news guys AB2062 and AB2235 are dead for now. So save your uhaul money...

NEWS: AB2062, AB2235 dead - let's make sure they stay that way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like AB2062 and AB2235 are dead.
Let's keep things going to avoid any last-minute exceptional resurrections...

From Paul Payne of NRA, in Sacto:

---------------------------------------------------------------
RE: AB2062 & AB2235

The Senate Appropriations Committee adjourned today after taking-up the "Suspense File" of assembly bills.

Senate staff has confirmed that this was the last Senate Appropriations Committee hearing for this legislative session. Per Senate rules, these bills (and all others failing to pass out of committee) cannot be considered for the remainder of this legislative session.

However, we should continue to keep-up-the-pressure on the legislature, so they won't be inclined to grant special "rule waivers" that would allow special reconsideration of these failed legislative attempts.

GREAT JOB! You have all performed a fantastic service for all of us, in defense of the Second Amendment.

Paul Payne

M. Sage
08-08-2008, 4:01 PM
You think? Maybe Im just out of the loop.. not part of the gunnie underground :)

I'm not really in the loop, either... but I am fairly social with other gunnies, and I'm pretty good at paying attention to things. I'd bet a fair amount of money on there being a form of black market for high caps.

SB23 hasn't created a black market for hi-cap mags because it's still legal to buy replacement parts for existing mags that were already in state. I'd bet a large number of these "replacement parts" purchases aren't just for replacing parts. If they had disallowed this as well, I think the likelihood that we'd now have a black market would be quite high.

... that would be one of the definitions of "black market".

rayra
08-08-2008, 4:29 PM

Firearms ownership is just a hobby to you?

Crazed_SS
08-08-2008, 4:35 PM
Firearms ownership is just a hobby to you?

It is for me pretty much. I do keep one for home protection, but since I cant carry a gun for self-protection, all my guns are pretty much used for recreational purposes. I have some ammo stocked up, but it's not for "SHTF".. I havent given any consideration to what gun should go in a Bug-out Bag or what Ill do when TEOTWAWKI happens.

Ever since ammo started going through the roof, I started a new hobby.. Home Theatre :)

m2hbvic
08-08-2008, 9:27 PM
AB2062 is dead? Great! Now all we have to do is wait for it to come back up on the list next year or so under a new AB #. Sacramento dirty politics/legislation always seems to ramrod an anti-gun AB down our throats year after year until it finally passes by "ghost-voting" (Like when AB50 got voted on! Remember that farce???) or whatever they want to call it at that time for their convenience.
Vic

csmintel
08-08-2008, 9:30 PM
commie bastards!

M. Sage
08-08-2008, 9:52 PM
It is for me pretty much. I do keep one for home protection, but since I cant carry a gun for self-protection, all my guns are pretty much used for recreational purposes. I have some ammo stocked up, but it's not for "SHTF".. I havent given any consideration to what gun should go in a Bug-out Bag or what Ill do when TEOTWAWKI happens.

Given the bad that can happen after a big quake, you should put together some supplies and have some kind of plan...

jamesob
08-08-2008, 9:53 PM
black market? thats illegal and they will catch the violaters on prosicute them. they will most likely spend millions to create a special task force that will hunt the trafficers down and spend millions more prosicuting them. on the other hand the criminals and leo will be exempt from this law.

packnrat
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
well there goes a easy way to make so quick cash..

as i go up to reno all the time, for a number of reasons,
could have payed for the fuel to bring back some shooting supples to our friends here on calguns.:43:

:TFH:

BroncoBob
08-09-2008, 10:15 AM
AB2062 is dead? Great! Now all we have to do is wait for it to come back up on the list next year or so under a new AB #. Sacramento dirty politics/legislation always seems to ramrod an anti-gun AB down our throats year after year until it finally passes by "ghost-voting" (Like when AB50 got voted on! Remember that farce???) or whatever they want to call it at that time for their convenience.
Vic

Yes we'll always have to be on guard 24/7 with the anti's. They are not going to go away. Just keep doing what we have and fight for our 2A rights. Never let them get the upper hand. Vote the clowns out. That's why it is very important that we not let Obama win, if he does where in four one hell of a 4 year period.

mblat
08-09-2008, 10:20 AM

Common - you are truly believe that all those "repair kits" are going into the state are for repair?

God Bless The Mauser
08-09-2008, 5:33 PM
Common - you are truly believe that all those "repair kits" are going into the state are for repair?

Just like the AK kits, I don't think they are all built as semi-autos.