PDA

View Full Version : Enough already!

halifax
08-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Another empty list (http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf) :mad:

How many pistols with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect are not making it onto the roster?

Someone with the credentials needs to find out what is going on here and put a stop it.

caduckgunner
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I check that list everyday for the Sig P250 :(

hawk1
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
While you're asking, find out how many have been submitted by the manufacturers as well. It'll give you better insight to your answer of how many have been turned down.

nicki
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
SB15 like other California laws should now be a endangered species.

Hopefully a extinct species in the near future:43:

All of our rights are interdependent and what is now going on over in DC will effect us here in California.

DC of course, is being really stupid, rather than just sit down, they are sore losers and as a result, will probably get slapped by the courts hard.

Arrogance and Ignorance go hand in hand. They just don't get it, they lost.

I don't know how things will be handled, but the Fed courts now are facing open defiance of their authority from Wash DC and if I was a Judge, I would hammer DC hard.

I may be biased:43:, but I would impose a standard of balancing private right to keep and bear arms against legitimate public safety concerns.

I would require DC to justify every gun law and show how it contributes to the public saftey.

DC would have to justify everything, and I do mean everything.

Why do they need a licensing system when we have the instant check,
Why do we need registration when we can track guns through the form 4473.

Since they can't, not only would the semi auto ban be thrown out, but there licensing system as well.

I might let a ccw system survive if it was modeled after those that exist in 38other states.

How can you run a may issue system without equal protection issues.

dfletcher
08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Another empty list (http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf) :mad:

How many pistols with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect are not making it onto the roster?

Someone with the credentials needs to find out what is going on here and put a stop it.

At this point we have what looks like a defacto ban on new semi auto handguns in the state of CA. That is of course different from a total ban on semi auto handguns. If a few new semi auto handguns made it, the defacto ban goes away, its place taken by "reasonable retrictions" that gunmakers choose to not meet. If the safe gun roster is to be challenged and the court is offended (as they have stated) by a ban, are we better off in the short term with a ban in place or not?

halifax
08-06-2008, 1:42 PM
While you're asking, find out how many have been submitted by the manufacturers as well. It'll give you better insight to your answer of how many have been turned down.

I'm thinking the BoF isn't going to come right out and tell me that. But I guess I could ask.

CHS
08-06-2008, 3:21 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly how a magazine disconnect makes the gun safer?

If I'm in a situation where a magazine gets busted or lost, I still want my gun to work, damnit!!

sorensen440
08-06-2008, 3:23 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly how a magazine disconnect makes the gun safer?

If I'm in a situation where a magazine gets busted or lost, I still want my gun to work, damnit!!

I think they are more geared towards police officers being able to drop the mag if the fight goes hand to hand (I say shoot the *******)
Why they think its a good idea to do it to everyone I have no idea

Crazed_SS
08-06-2008, 3:32 PM

This is why I wasnt too concerned about microstamping months ago. The mag disco and CLI requirements already amount to a defacto ban on most new guns. Microstamping is just another nail in the coffin.

M. Sage
08-06-2008, 3:37 PM

It doesn't. I've heard of at least one case of a mag disconnect making someone mistakenly believe the firearm was unloaded, contributing to an ND and death (of the person handling the pistol).

thedrickel
08-06-2008, 3:43 PM
Hmmm . . . could we do a PRAR for this info? I don't see why not.

Brooke
08-06-2008, 4:33 PM
LOL Look at the list of recently added guns to the list:
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf

Black_Talon
08-06-2008, 4:38 PM

You do realize that they're rubbing our noses in it, right?

Brooke
08-06-2008, 4:48 PM
You gotta laugh ... or cry.

halifax
08-06-2008, 4:52 PM
You do realize that they're rubbing our noses in it, right?

Yep. And it stinks.