PDA

View Full Version : FFL signage

OCArmory
08-03-2008, 8:45 PM
I have searched as best I can but I can't find the answer. I am looking for the list of required signs to have in your store and were to get them. Thanks
Mike

FEDUPWBS
08-03-2008, 8:53 PM
Once again you may want to check w/ county/city zoning ATF and BOf for these answers.

halifax
08-03-2008, 9:05 PM
You mean this? Try www.rkffl.com (http://www.rkffl.com)if you don't want to print them yourself.

12071. (7) The licensee shall post conspicuously within the licensed premises the following warnings in block letters not less than one inch in height:

(A) "IF YOU KEEP A LOADED FIREARM WITHIN ANY PREMISES UNDER YOUR CUSTODY OR CONTROL, AND A PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE OBTAINS IT AND USES IT, RESULTING IN INJURY OR DEATH, OR CARRIES IT TO A PUBLIC PLACE, YOU MAY BE GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR OR A FELONY UNLESS YOU STORED THE FIREARM IN A LOCKED CONTAINER OR LOCKED THE FIREARM WITH A LOCKING DEVICE TO KEEP IT FROM TEMPORARILY FUNCTIONING."

(B) "IF YOU KEEP A PISTOL, REVOLVER, OR OTHER FIREARM CAPABLE OF BEING CONCEALED UPON THE PERSON, WITHIN ANY PREMISES UNDER YOUR CUSTODY OR CONTROL, AND A PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE GAINS ACCESS TO THE FIREARM, AND CARRIES IT OFF PREMISES, YOU MAY BE GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR, UNLESS YOU STORED THE FIREARM IN A LOCKED CONTAINER, OR LOCKED THE FIREARM WITH A LOCKING DEVICE, TO KEEP IT FROM TEMPORARILY FUNCTIONING."

(C) "IF YOU KEEP ANY FIREARM WITHIN ANY PREMISES UNDER YOUR CUSTODY OR CONTROL, AND A PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE GAINS ACCESS TO THE FIREARM, AND CARRIES IT OFF-PREMISES TO A SCHOOL OR SCHOOL-SPONSORED EVENT, YOU MAY BE GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR, INCLUDING A FINE OF UP TO FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000), UNLESS YOU STORED THE FIREARM IN A LOCKED CONTAINER, OR LOCKED THE FIREARM WITH A LOCKING DEVICE."

(D) "DISCHARGING FIREARMS IN POORLY VENTILATED AREAS, CLEANING FIREARMS, OR HANDLING AMMUNITION MAY RESULT IN EXPOSURE TO LEAD, A SUBSTANCE KNOWN TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS, REPRODUCTIVE HARM, AND OTHER SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY. HAVE ADEQUATE VENTILATION AT ALL TIMES. WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY AFTER EXPOSURE."

(E) "FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT IF YOU DO NOT TAKE PHYSICAL POSSESSION OF THE FIREARM THAT YOU ARE ACQUIRING OWNERSHIP OF WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE INITIAL BACKGROUND CHECK PAPERWORK, THEN YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS A SECOND TIME IN ORDER TO TAKE PHYSICAL POSSESSION OF THAT FIREARM."

(F) "NO PERSON SHALL MAKE AN APPLICATION TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE PISTOL, REVOLVER, OR OTHER FIREARM CAPABLE OF BEING CONCEALED UPON THE PERSON WITHIN ANY 30-DAY PERIOD AND NO DELIVERY SHALL BE MADE TO ANY PERSON WHO HAS MADE AN APPLICATION TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE PISTOL, REVOLVER, OR OTHER FIREARM CAPABLE OF BEING CONCEALED UPON THE PERSON WITHIN ANY 30-DAY PERIOD."

drawn
08-03-2008, 11:55 PM
The only requirement is that they be 1" tall. The Ca DOJ will measure them as part of routine inspection. If you use a condensed font and justify some of the lines you can save quite a bit of real estate.

IGOTDIRT4U
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Letters 1" tall, and you can find the langauge for these signs in the PC.

OCArmory
08-04-2008, 5:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats what i was looking for. I searched the DOJ website but I didn't think to look in the PC. Thanks again
Mike

tenpercentfirearms
08-04-2008, 7:41 PM
You mean this? Try www.rkffl.com (http://www.rkffl.com)if you don't want to print them yourself.

Call these guys on the phone. Order a CA dealer's pack. Fo $68 (at least that was the price three years ago) they send you all the signs you need at the correct sizes. They will also send you a CA checklist that you should follow for all of your DROS.

You could do it yourself cheaper, but why? Just use these guys. I did.

OCArmory
08-04-2008, 9:15 PM
Sweet thanks. I sent you an email yesterday regarding suppliers. I tried to PM you but I couldn't find the link.
Thanks for everyones patience and help as I try to get this project off the ground.
Mike

CHS
08-04-2008, 9:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, where is your shop going to be? I see your screenname is OCArmory, so I'm hopefully correct in assuming that this is going to be some place in SoCal/Orange County.

I'll be happy as hell to have one more good place to buy from.

Moonclip
08-05-2008, 1:48 AM
yes I hope it's in north county:) I will support you if I can especially if you have a decent selection of used handguns. I like guns:)

OCArmory
08-05-2008, 8:12 PM
I will be in Laguna hills (south county). ATF cashed my check today so we will see. I think it will probably be about 3 months before the doors open. But i hope sooner. By the way order my signs today. Thanks 10%
Mike