PDA

View Full Version : Sportmans Wharehouse spreading microstamping FUD

Noah
08-03-2008, 2:57 PM
I was in Sportmans Wharehouse last weekend and I was at the gun counter. In talking to the guy about my desire for a SIG P250 he adised me that since CA passed the new Microstamping bill that we will never see it here nor will we ever see any new handguns for that matter once the legislation take effect. :eek:
I was aware that I wil probably never get a P250 because of the loaded chamber indicator and mag thing. However this PASSED microstapming leg was news to me. I searched calguns and googled around and m not finding anything about said "PASSED" legislation. Was this guy just spreading FUD?
I am starting to get the feeling the guy was trying to freak me out into a purchase or something.

As much as I hope that a salesmand standing in front of such a large wonderful collection of new pistols for sale is a honest salesman. I really hope he was spreadin FUD and that we do not have a MS bill passed here in PRK.

So whats the official word calgunners?

Bruce
08-03-2008, 3:08 PM
What did you search? Took me about five minutes.:rolleyes:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=71971&highlight=Microstamping

Guntech
08-03-2008, 3:35 PM
Yeah its been passed bs I know I'm going to move before that bs takes effect

M. Sage
08-03-2008, 4:12 PM
Yes it passed. No, it'll (probably) never take effect.

Theseus
08-03-2008, 4:29 PM
Yes it passed. No, it'll (probably) never take effect.

Well, we can think that, but they will try and find some way to try and use it against us.

Noah
08-03-2008, 4:44 PM
Thanks all,
I am not glad to hear but glad to know the facts. I don't know why I didn't find it very easily. My search skills are weak today I guess.

Anyways, Arnold SUCKS. I guess we have only 1 more year to stock up on any newer pistols we would like to own here. Also, how will this affect in-state and out of state transfers of used pistols and purchases?

Thanks again,
Noah

gunsmith
08-03-2008, 4:47 PM
not wharehouse

Sarkoon
08-03-2008, 4:51 PM
not wharehouse

he must be too accustomed to typing whorehouse...

383green
08-03-2008, 5:16 PM
wherehouse not wharehouse

Actually, warehouse.

bwiese
08-03-2008, 5:29 PM
Microstamping was brought to you in CA thru the incompetence of GOC's Sam Paredes.

It would not have been signed if it weren't for Paredes' drama queen issue with the F&G commissioner.

Librarian
08-03-2008, 5:51 PM
Also, how will this affect in-state and out of state transfers of used pistols and purchases?

As always, the Roster requirement affects new gun sales within California and interstate gun sales into California but not private party transfer between two CA residents, and not 'immediate family' transfers, and not LEO.

See thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=81127).

Matt C
08-03-2008, 6:09 PM
As always, the Roster requirement affects new gun sales within California and interstate gun sales into California but not private party transfer between two CA residents, and not 'immediate family' transfers, and not LEO.

See thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=81127).

And guns that are still on the roster should be fine as long as they are renewed. But due to clever language placed in law by allies (or stupid foes?) the law cannot be enacted as written.

csmintel
08-03-2008, 6:14 PM
so another words... we don't need to stack up on handguns? we can wait and see? I don't get it.

USN CHIEF
08-03-2008, 6:28 PM
so another words... we don't need to stack up on handguns? we can wait and see? I don't get it.

You always need to stock up on guns, every chance that you have, buy the gun, if you have the money, take it out of the bank and buy guns.

383green
08-03-2008, 6:29 PM

You don't need to stack up on handguns, but remember... the legislature wants you to buy one every month! They even passed a law about that! :D

56Chevy
08-03-2008, 6:36 PM
You don't need to stack up on handguns, but remember... the legislature wants you to buy one every month! They even passed a law about that! :D
When I pick up my new handgun on Tuesday maybe I'll buy the HK USP they had there. I'll tell my wife I'm just trying to follow the law.:D

Guntech
08-03-2008, 6:43 PM
Actually, warehouse.

Yeah lol thats pretty funny you had to correct him after he corrected him and so on.

Librarian
08-03-2008, 7:03 PM
Precisely what is it you don't get?

The microstamping requirement, if it can be implemented at all, does not go into effect until Jan 2010.

Guns already on the Roster do not need to have it, so if a manufacturer keeps paying to keep a gun on the list, you can legally buy any gun on there now.

See the thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=81127) for more details.

csmintel
08-03-2008, 7:07 PM
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Will try to buy one every chance I get.

TonyM
08-03-2008, 7:13 PM

Even better is, there's an exemption to that law that tells you you can buy as many as you want, if you have a C&R FFL and a C.O.E.

I picked up 3 new handguns in July to go with the 3 rifles I bought. This month, I'm on the hunt again. :43:

Noah
08-03-2008, 7:36 PM
Thanks everyone.
again CG bring trustworthy info with links to back it up and some humor to boot.

CG rules

P.S. Sam Paredes is a turd sandwich

leitung
08-03-2008, 7:53 PM
Which guy was it at sportsman's? There are a couple of the guys in there that do spread alot of FUD.

CSACANNONEER
08-03-2008, 8:36 PM
Actually, warehouse.

Actually it's "whorehouse". Or, at least that's what it sometimes feels feels like.

jumbopanda
08-03-2008, 8:46 PM
wherehouse not wharehouse

FALE?

383green
08-03-2008, 10:05 PM
FALE?

LAL! :D

gunsmith
08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Actually, warehouse.
LOL thanks!