PDA

View Full Version : DUI and Buying Guns

626Tony
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I got a dui .08 it was stupid but is this a restrictiable violation preventing me to buy and / or keep my guns ? it was 2 misdameanors please advise thanks guys

Fantasma
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Nope, i know someone that went trough the same thing. He was able to buy 2 handguns since then. I heard as long as its not domestic violence your good to go!

leelaw
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
As long as it wasn't a felonious DUI conviction, you should be good to go.

Trendkill
08-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Just make sure that if you try to dros a new weapon.....that your Drivers Licence is valid....or you will get a DMV turn-down. If thats the case.....I think a Ca ID card will do.

Gator Monroe
08-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I will never Drink again (Except two thymbals full of Wine twice a month at temple shabbat services)

smokingloon
08-01-2008, 11:18 PM
If you are on probation, you should make sure it doesn't violate your probation.

SteveH
08-02-2008, 11:38 AM
A simple conviction for CVC 23152(a) & (b) should not trigger any firearms prohibitions.

Fine, restricted/suspended license, 3-years informal probation. Probation terms are usually violate no law, drive only while licensed, do not drive with measurable amount of alcohol in blood.

Ive never heard of a "possess no weapons" provision in a DUI probation.

My biggest concern is the DUI conviction means you miss a payment, progress report or your insurance company screws up some paperwork your license gets suspended. Driving on a suspended with a trunk full of guns wont end well.

As long as you stay on top of your probation terms, programs and license status you should be good to go.

Q
08-02-2008, 1:04 PM
I will never Drink again (Except two thymbals full of Wine twice a month at temple shabbat services)
Wine is good, Try Ficklin Tinta Porto.;)
http://www.ficklin.com/wines.html

ukdkbr
08-02-2008, 1:34 PM
I've been there, my probation did not restrict me, I've bought several firearms since.

5150Marcelo
08-02-2008, 1:36 PM
ro, if you got a DUI, you shouldnt be spendin money on guns. DUIs are exspensive!

jamesob
08-02-2008, 3:28 PM
just pay all your fines and do all of the court oreders and you will be good to go.

veeklog
08-02-2008, 5:27 PM
14 years ago I got a "wet" reckless (one step below a DUI) and blew a .06 sBAC. I have bought many guns since then and am good. Just pay your fines, go to your School Ten, and please, don't drink and drive anymore. It was the most expensive lesson I ever had (except my ex girlfriend).

A DUI is like the lowest crime tou can get sans a infraction. You will be surprised how many many people have been popped for DUI. Cops, firefighters, DA's, politicians, George Bush, etc, and they are not prohibited from carrying or owning firearms. Just don't get caught again and all is good.

sorensen440
08-02-2008, 5:33 PM
shouldn't affect your firearms one way or another

Wine is good, Try Ficklin Tinta Porto.;)
http://www.ficklin.com/wines.html

Cmon man everyone knows Cedar Mountain Winery in Livermore makes the best port
There asst. Winemaker is oll friendly too :gunsmilie:

schmud0811
08-02-2008, 7:18 PM
had the same problem i had to fax the california doj a copy of the charges that stated they were not a feloney, it should have an m in paratheses. my recolection is kind of vauge it has been 7 years ago...

scrat
08-02-2008, 7:25 PM
ya you guys need to be careful. When i was young i used to do a lot of stupid things. Howevver the older you get the wiser you get. Last thing i need is a dui. So i can honestly say it will never happen to me. Nothing will infringe on my right to own a firearm.