PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry: Interesting story from GA

rkt88edmo
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Caught this one off the reason blog:
http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/gun_toting_in_georgia/Content?oid=528311

Interesting from the standpoint that he isn't a hardcore 2A guy and has a mindset similar to what you would expect in CA.

"So I just want to be clear," I asked MARTA (Public transit system)police Chief Wanda Dunham. "If I had a turkey sandwich in one hand and a gun in the other hand, MARTA police would ticket me for the turkey sandwich?"

6172crew
08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Caught this one off the reason blog:
http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/gun_toting_in_georgia/Content?oid=528311

Interesting from the standpoint that he isn't a hardcore 2A guy and has a mindset similar to what you would expect in CA.

Im sure when the green light is given we will be able to change a few minds. My buddy who has a CCW (LEO) said he would go with us when its time to meet for dinner, I think having a LEO might help when the guys showing up dont have a clue what the law is.

KTGunner
08-01-2008, 7:46 PM
The open-carry dinner the author describes sounds exactly like the open-carry lunch we had here in San Diego. One expects to see a bunch of gun-slinging-cowboy boot-wearing- "Charles Bronsons", but in reality, it was a group of normal people (mostly guys) who had a good time. No one was shot, threatened or intimidated. (And the restaurant wasn't held up :43:)

The people that are interested in carrying a firearm are also conscious of the safety of doing so. Its nice to see another person realize that guns don't make you a criminal.

GuyW
08-01-2008, 8:19 PM
...San Diego....One expects to see a bunch of gun-slinging-cowboy boot-wearing- "Charles Bronsons", but in reality, it was a group of normal people (mostly guys)....

Shhheeeit, good thing I couldn't make the SD meeting, being that I'd be in my ever-present cowboy boots...draggin' my knuckles and all....

Bobula
08-01-2008, 8:22 PM
I'd be interested in one in central/nor-cal

Guntech
08-01-2008, 8:28 PM
I just started looking for a house in Georgia after I read that! I'll carry a goddamn shotgun and 2 pistols!!! :jump::D:gunsmilie::44: I AM SO MAD WE CANT EVEN CARRY LOADED AND THEY HAVE SHOTGUNS!!

gordoe
08-01-2008, 8:37 PM
Me and My Girlfriend are in on the Nor-Cal/Bay Area Open-Carry Lunch!