PDA

View Full Version : 2nd proof of residency. Carry Permit work?

safewaysecurity
11-20-2015, 9:46 PM
I was reading the FAQ on the CA DOJ website and they say

Current, government-issued license, permit, or registration, other than a California Driver License or California Identification Card, that has a specified expiration date or period of validity. The license, permit, or registration must bear the individual's name and either of the following:
The individual's current residential address as declared on the DROS form; or
The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License, California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto

Does that mean a Utah CCW which has an expiration date, name and address listed and our picture would suffice? It's government issued. Has anyone tried this?

Quiet
11-21-2015, 3:37 AM
About a decade ago, I tried to use my NV CFP and was rejected.
I contacted CA DOJ BOF and they told me it has to be issued by a Gov agency located in CA.

JDay
11-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Just get a $5 printout from the DMV if you need a second proof of residency.

hermosabeach
11-21-2015, 10:45 AM
It must be a California .GOV Entity that issued the ID...

So an out of state CHL will not work

ke6guj
11-21-2015, 11:25 AM
About a decade ago, I tried to use my NV CFP and was rejected.
I contacted CA DOJ BOF and they told me it has to be issued by a Gov agency located in CA.they say that, but does the PC and regs allow them to limit to just CA state docs?

here is the reg,

d. “Other evidence of residency as permitted by the Department of Justice” means either of the following:
1. A current, government-issued (city, county, special district, state, or federal) license, permit, or registration, other than a California Driver License or California Identification Card, that has a specified expiration date or period of validity. The license, permit, or registration must bear the individual's name and either of the following:

nothing in there says that "state" listed there only means CA.

greensoup
11-21-2015, 2:24 PM
they say that, but does the PC and regs allow them to limit to just CA state docs?

here is the reg,

d. “Other evidence of residency as permitted by the Department of Justice” means either of the following:
1. A current, government-issued (city, county, special district, state, or federal) license, permit, or registration, other than a California Driver License or California Identification Card, that has a specified expiration date or period of validity. The license, permit, or registration must bear the individual's name and either of the following:

nothing in there says that "state" listed there only means CA.

Are you being intentionally difficult or do you not understand? Federal -> State -> County -> City. List out the chain of authority from top to bottom based on where you live. Its a single path. Now where in that chain do you find Utah?

russ69
11-21-2015, 2:51 PM
No car? Motorcycle? Moped?

CSACANNONEER
11-21-2015, 3:27 PM
Are you being intentionally difficult or do you not understand? Federal -> State -> County -> City. List out the chain of authority from top to bottom based on where you live. Its a single path. Now where in that chain do you find Utah?

I don't see where it states that the list of approved government entities is linear. Do you understand that if you are correct, the linear path could easily be Federal to State (of Utah). There is nothing in the PC that even hints at the only state issued IDs allowed have to come from the state of California. If that was the case, the PC would have spelled out "State of California" and not just "State".

ke6guj
11-21-2015, 3:47 PM

so, if the city of Riverside were to issue me a license or permit to do something in Riverside, but I lived in San Bernardino and Riverside listed my SB address, that would not be valid as PoR in your mind because the issuing authority is not in the city or county that I live?

splithoof
11-21-2015, 7:42 PM
My Utah permit was accepted in the past without any problems.......

Sapperforward
11-21-2015, 8:55 PM
Why try in the first place? Just curious.

ke6guj
11-21-2015, 9:58 PM
Why try in the first place? Just curious.

why? because not everyone can easily come up with "proof of residency" documents. reason such as living with parents (boyfriend/girlfriend) so no bills in their name, driving a company car (or car in parents name) so they can't use car registration, etc.

so, we look for alternatives that we can use. I've found licenses that you can get issued to you from any CA county with your home address on them that should work. I have out-of-state license that is good for 5 years and federal licenses that are good for 3-10 years that have my current CA address on them that I can also use for PoR . At some point, it almost becomes a game to find the oddest/wierdest valid PoR that you can use.

Sapperforward
11-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Well that explains it I guess.

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk