PDA

View Full Version : just picked up a new 870

tooslow
07-31-2008, 6:56 AM
i finally went ahead and purchased a new 870 express 18" with an extension.

after doing a bit of reseach online, this seem to be the one for me to start out with.

however, what my research didnt tell me was the the new 870 forends are horrible looking. the new stock i can deal with, but what is with that new forend?

oh, and thanks for the info you guys post up. helps make my decision process easier, but the bad part, tempts me to spend way too much money.

emrivera1
07-31-2008, 7:46 AM
Welcome to the site!

I loved my 870 so much, that I bought another one. They really are good guns. If you don't like your forened, keep your eyes peeled at the F/S section at shotgunworld.com. They pop up on there all the time.

WokMaster1
07-31-2008, 7:46 AM
i finally went ahead and purchased a new 870 express 18" with an extension.

after doing a bit of reseach online, this seem to be the one for me to start out with.

however, what my research didnt tell me was the the new 870 forends are horrible looking. the new stock i can deal with, but what is with that new forend?

oh, and thanks for the info you guys post up. helps make my decision process easier, but the bad part, tempts me to spend way too much money.

Pictures of the stock & foreend?

Will a new, sexier set make you shoot better? There are tons of aftermarket stuff out there. Some work & some are just a waste of $$$$.

Learn how to shoot it well & don't worry about how the foreend looks. U nless you hang out with the Prada n LV crowd.....:eek:

tooslow
07-31-2008, 9:56 AM
Pictures of the stock & foreend?

Will a new, sexier set make you shoot better? There are tons of aftermarket stuff out there. Some work & some are just a waste of $$$$.

Learn how to shoot it well & don't worry about how the foreend looks. U nless you hang out with the Prada n LV crowd.....:eek:

hahahah well i was saving up for matching lv tactical forend and recoil supressing stock, but i guess its not worth the money.

when i was purchasing it, the shop owner mentioned it first. i said im not buying it for fashion, but they are beyond ugly. also, from a usabilty standpoint, the new forends seem like they would get in your way. i can see how remmington might say they can help protect your fingers, but i think they wuld just get in your way. the 870 is waiting for me, nine more days.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_870/model_870_express_synthetic_18inch.asp

pic from website. the forend has this new extension on it.

Welcome to the site!

I loved my 870 so much, that I bought another one. They really are good guns. If you don't like your forened, keep your eyes peeled at the F/S section at shotgunworld.com. They pop up on there all the time.

thanks for the welcome. im actually scanning that site right now.

CHS
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't get it.

I've got 2 870's in my closet right now. They have the same forend as this (well, in wood). What's "new" about this forend? This looks like just about every 870 I've ever seen in years.

tooslow
07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't get it.

I've got 2 870's in my closet right now. They have the same forend as this (well, in wood). What's "new" about this forend? This looks like just about every 870 I've ever seen in years.

looks like i might have been mistaken. i might have been mixing up different brands in my mind.

excuse the newb mistake.

maybe it was just the synthetic forend that just looked off to me.

in any case, waiting for nine more days, than off to get some lessons. the local shop owner tells me, our local shotgun range, pacific rod and gun club in san francisco has a good person to get the basics down from. thats the first place im heading to.

in the mean time, searching for some goodies, maybe a walnut forend/stock, searching through the what seems like its endless discussion on loads....

ZOMBIEHUNTER
07-31-2008, 4:46 PM
870 is a good choice i was a mossberg man for years now i have rem 870

07-31-2008, 5:15 PM
I just purchased my second 870 last week. Mine is coming with the new style stock too. I can't say that I like the new look, but it really does not matter to me since I am changing it out.

randy
08-01-2008, 4:15 AM
A hacksaw is your friend. Just cut off about 2 inches of the new fore end.