PDA

View Full Version : Gun Lock Receipt

clippers6
07-31-2008, 2:13 AM
I'm have 2 guns to pick up this weekend. They are at different FFLs. So I dutifully went to Walmart last night and bought 2 gun locks, $5 each. They rang it up on the same transaction. I didn't think about it at the time, but they are both on the same receipt. Will I be able to use a photocopy of the receipt when I pick up my guns or do both FFLs need to keep the receipt?

cbn620
07-31-2008, 2:51 AM
I'd get your money back. Tell them at the FFL you have a gun safe. They will give you a paper to fill out, it's a very simple form where all you need to do is basically just plop down your John Hancock saying you have a gun safe. You do have a gun safe, don't you? Please don't answer that question.

The SoCal Gunner
07-31-2008, 3:45 AM
I'd get your money back. Tell them at the FFL you have a gun safe. They will give you a paper to fill out, it's a very simple form where all you need to do is basically just plop down your John Hancock saying you have a gun safe. You do have a gun safe, don't you? Please don't answer that question.

Not all FFLs will accept the safe affidavit anymore. Your FFL should be able to make a copy of the receipt so it doesn't matter if both locks are on the same receipt or not.

DrunkSkunk
07-31-2008, 3:49 AM
gotta love cali. so glad they don't have these stupid laws in az and nv

SDJim
07-31-2008, 6:14 AM
I'm have 2 guns to pick up this weekend. They are at different FFLs. So I dutifully went to Walmart last night and bought 2 gun locks, $5 each. They rang it up on the same transaction. I didn't think about it at the time, but they are both on the same receipt. Will I be able to use a photocopy of the receipt when I pick up my guns or do both FFLs need to keep the receipt?

Give the FFL's a copy if they need it because your going to need the original to get your refund from Wal-Mart.

BroncoBob
07-31-2008, 6:34 AM

+1 on that.

hawk1
07-31-2008, 9:02 AM

Fed's require a lock now that they are enforcing the ''Child protection act of 2005'' on the ffl's. Doesn't make any difference if you have a safe.

The OP only needed to buy one lock as they photocopy at any each ffl, then return it for a return.

dfletcher
07-31-2008, 3:50 PM
gotta love cali. so glad they don't have these stupid laws in az and nv yet.

I did a little editing by way of reminding everyone to vote - even if you have to hold your nose a bit while pulling the lever. :)

HowardW56
07-31-2008, 4:57 PM

Actually it was a federal law that screwed it all up...

sorensen440
07-31-2008, 4:58 PM
Give the FFL's a copy if they need it because your going to need the original to get your refund from Wal-Mart.

so so true

peepshowal
07-31-2008, 5:05 PM
When I buy a lock at Walmart, I've started asking for a gift receipt. In case the FFL can't make a copy of the original you have the gift receipt to give them and still have the original for yourself.