PDA

View Full Version : aw permit

jamesob
07-30-2008, 9:20 PM
i figuered i would waist my time and apply for an aw permit. for the ones that have done it how did you write it out? i.e legal jumbo or straight out ask for a permit? i have plenty of stamps and think i will re-apply and re-apply once i get my rejection letter.

Guntech
07-30-2008, 9:22 PM
Me too! Lets send letters to show our protest better than walking to Sacramento like some idiots...you know who you are..

Anthonysmanifesto
07-30-2008, 9:33 PM
Hoffmang has his denial for you to see here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=107974&highlight=assault+weapons+permit)

jamesob
07-30-2008, 9:56 PM
Hoffmang has his denial for you to see here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=107974&highlight=assault+weapons+permit)
i read those a while back but i was wondering how he wrote his first letter. i think i will write it in a way that mentions the recent heller decision and the fact that the california constitutioin recognizes the u.s constitution as the supreme law of the land. also i will mention some quotes by the justices and there opinion on a total ban of firearms. i will have my wife write it out for me, she sounds more political than i do.

hoffmang
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Applying for an AW permit takes a bit more effort than just a stamp. You have to download the form from the BoF website, fill it out listing a couple of people who will serve as references and explaining your good cause or reasons for not needing good cause. Then you'll have to spend about $70-$80 to get a livescan. You'll also need to enclose a check for around $300 to the DOJ.

When you get turned down they'll usually send you your check back though.

-Gene

CCWFacts
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Quick question here: does the AW permit allow the permittee to buy / import / acquire large capacity mags?

American_pride
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Quick question here: does the AW permit allow the permittee to buy / import / acquire large capacity mags?

As I read it (been a while) you have to be approved for each magazine........ Been wrong before though

hoffmang
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM

Large capacity magazines permits are not the same as AW permits so, no.

-Gene

CCWFacts
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Large capacity magazines permits are not the same as AW permits so, no.

(I'll refrain from even going into how stupid it is to have such hysterical regulations on these magazines, when any criminally-inclined bozo can hop over to any state within 1,000 miles of here and buy them without restriction...)

My next question: what's the difference between the magazine permit application and the AW permit application? I noticed in your AW permit app you discovered that the permit is, in fact, shall-issue, according to the law. Does the same apply to the mag permit?

If I were to bother applying for either of these I would be more interested in the mag permit.

bwiese
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
i read those a while back but i was wondering how he wrote his first letter. i think i will write it in a way that mentions the recent heller decision and the fact that the california constitutioin recognizes the u.s constitution as the supreme law of the land. also i will mention some quotes by the justices and there opinion on a total ban of firearms. i will have my wife write it out for me, she sounds more political than i do.

Your action will have much better standing/outcome post-incorporation.

jamesob
07-31-2008, 8:16 AM
Your action will have much better standing/outcome post-incorporation.thats what i was thinking of last night wether or not to wait after the incorporation.