PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Recommendation needed - FFP or ILL. / 6.5-20x or 8.5-25x

Jicko
07-29-2008, 9:36 AM
URGENT RECOMMENDATION NEEDED

I am thinking about getting a new Leupold Mark 4.

- Is FFP more useful OR an Illuminated Reticle??

- Should I get 6.5-20x OR 8.5-25x? (for a .308)

- At what power do these RANGE at, if it is NOT FFP?

THANKS!!

jandmtv
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
leupolds range at the highest, so either 20x or 25x depending on which scope you go with. I would say that FFP is more useful than a lit reticle. But i would also say that I would never pay that much for a Leupold FFP.

Nightforce is going to release a FFP scope for around $1800-$2200, I would say wait for the Nightforce if you want a FFP.

Also the Snipers Hide Edition IOR FFP scope would be a better and cheaper choice than the Leupold, here is a link. it even comes with free rings. http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

Good luck Jicko.

Jicko
07-29-2008, 1:36 PM
I would loved to have that "FFP NF", but that had been in the talks for WAY too long.... it is more of a vapourware at this point....

I don't really like IOR...

Do USO have anything that is mid $1k range?

jandmtv
07-29-2008, 1:51 PM
I would loved to have that "FFP NF", but that had been in the talks for WAY too long.... it is more of a vapourware at this point....

I don't really like IOR...

Do USO have anything that is mid $1k range?

NOPE!!!

As for the Nightforce FFP being vaporware, its not. They had a sample at the shot show, it should be out by the end of the year. At least thats what Nightforce is claiming.

And the IOR FFP is a really good scope, IOR uses better glass than Nightforce! They had a problem with the first batch of scopes, but they got that taken care of really fast. You really cant beat the price of the IOR FFP, you will not find another scope that will give you a 35mm tube, great glass, Free premium rings of your choice, plus FFP for $1500.

rksimple
07-29-2008, 8:31 PM
For that much money, get a nightforce. Be patient. You'll be glad you waited. Its rumored they're coming out with a new numbered reticle and better knobs. Thats why its taking a bit longer.

I'd never spend that much on a leupy.

ar15barrels
07-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Get a lower power too.
6.5x is more power than you want when you are shooting from a moving platform.
Look for a 3x or 4x on the low end.

I would take a FFP over an illuminated reticle, though if you shoot night matches, you will come to love the illuminated reticle too.

Jicko
07-30-2008, 1:00 AM
OK, you guys talked me OUT of the Leupold, even with 20 or 25% off from the live.com thingee...

Where can I find more info about the IOR?

scootergmc
07-30-2008, 7:48 AM
Where can I find more info about the IOR?

Snipershide.com

rksimple
07-30-2008, 7:52 AM
Look on SH for the reviews, problems and such. Call scott at Liberty Optics to buy one.

wildcard
07-30-2008, 9:31 AM
You can always try my FFP IOR if you're in the area.