PDA

View Full Version : Received the wrong firearm from dealer.. what can I do

joe_sun
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Hello

I ordered a rifle, completed DROS and picked it up today.. problem is I didn't notice it was the 16 inch model and not the 18 inch I ordered.

Am I now stuck with this rifle unless I want to DROS a new one?

I REALLY wanted the 18in but I'm kinda digging this smaller version so I'm not 100% sure I want to send it back.. just checking my options.

Thanks!

Shane916
07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
What gun is it?

Saigon1965
07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
What kind of rifle?

joe_sun
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
PTR-91

I didn't notice it was 16inches until I tried to put on the HK wide handguard I bought for it.

It looks so tiny next to my FAL :-)

I'm going to edit in that I think I "won" the clone game since this rifle has a BUNCH of real HK parts on it. Bolt, Trigger group, Flash hider and even looks like the recoil buffer is HK

liketoshoot
07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
take it back! have him do a cancel on the dros(it can be done) and get what you want.

joe_sun
07-28-2008, 1:06 PM
He's left on vacation for two weeks. I was his last transfer before he left. I already tried calling his cel phone.

Anyway looks as if I'm just going to keep it.

dfletcher
07-28-2008, 2:18 PM
Hello

I ordered a rifle, completed DROS and picked it up today.. problem is I didn't notice it was the 16 inch model and not the 18 inch I ordered.

Am I now stuck with this rifle unless I want to DROS a new one?

I REALLY wanted the 18in but I'm kinda digging this smaller version so I'm not 100% sure I want to send it back.. just checking my options.

Thanks!

Does the paperwork say 18" bbl? If so the 2 week vacation shouldn't matter. If he's a worthwhile businessman he should take care of you. And take care of you could mean a number of things, not just taking back the rifle. It could mean an "I'm sorry - will 100 rounds of ammo make us OK?" If you like the rifle & that works for you, great. If your heart is set on the 18" rifle, I'd make that request.

Seems you both made a bit of an error, hopefully there's a meeting of the minds.

joe_sun
07-28-2008, 2:22 PM
I didn't buy the rifle from my FFL, I bought it from out of State at another dealer and had it shipped in.

ke6guj
07-28-2008, 2:30 PM
so have you called the out-of-state dealer to see what happened? Did you accidentilly order the wrong model, or was the wrong model shipped?

joe_sun
07-28-2008, 3:13 PM
First thing I did was to check my CCD statement. The charge was correct for the 18in barrel. The 16in barrel model costs more.

I didn't call the dealer I bought it from. I wanted to find out what could be done without having to DROS again BEFORE I called them.

As I said before I'm really liking the carbine version of it.

I've had a hell of a day today

1st the client I was supposed to meet flaked on me

2nd found out one of my good friends has what amounts to a sprained back and she can hardly move

3rd picked up the wrong rifle from the store

4th The Raddlock I bought is slightly out of spec and doesn't work with the rifle (Radd is sending a replacement. His Customer Serivice is AWESOME!

5th Found out it seems I won't be able to open the gunstore my wife and I were planning on setting up because of zoning issues with the building the family owns. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=113038

Well.. it is Monday