PDA

View Full Version : Handgun's action is stiff after using Froglube

delta9
11-02-2015, 3:50 PM
I took my Ruger p89 out of the safe today, haven't fired it in about a year. I last cleaned and lubed with Froglube and now the action is really stiff. No problems with my other guns that were also Froglubed.

Any ideas?

trackcage
11-02-2015, 3:52 PM
Yea, quit using froglube

Citadelgrad87
11-02-2015, 3:55 PM
Oh, look,,yet another thread about a particular product.

In before "you're using it wrong", "did you run it through your kids EZ bake oven first" and "but I like the smell"

Op, that was a preemptive strike. I've been using CLP for about forty years, am have never had any issues with it in any way.

I can go a step further, and state that excluding THIS product, I have never seen or heard about a problem such as this with any other type of lubricant. No person or online.

But there's a thread just like this about monthly here.

My .02

Merc1138
11-02-2015, 3:59 PM
Ditch the FL and use a normal lubricant. Problem solved.

And yes, prepare for the "You applied it wrong, didn't wipe enough off, didn't get the parts warm enough, only used 1 coat, applied too much, didn't apply enough, yadda yadda" crowd.

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:21 PM
Take a hair dryer or heat gun to it and clean that crap off.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:22 PM
I took my Ruger p89 out of the safe today, haven't fired it in about a year. I last cleaned and lubed with Froglube and now the action is really stiff. No problems with my other guns that were also Froglubed.

Any ideas?

Haters will be haters. Being in storage for a year, you would wipe it down regardless what kind of lube you use. Wipe it down and shoot it. Let us know how that worked.

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:24 PM
Haters will be haters. Being in storage for a year, you would wipe it down regardless what kind of lube you use. Wipe it down and shoot it. Let us know how that worked.
No other lubes thicken up and gum up your action the way froglube does. I've had FireClean do the same thing but not nearly as bad.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:26 PM
No other lubes thicken up and gum up your action the way froglube does. I've had FireClean do the same thing but not nearly as bad.

Look at my iTrader. I have at least that many guns that have FL on them and it hasn't gummed any of them up yet. I've been running FL for almost 3 years.

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:27 PM
Look at my iTrader. I have at least that many guns that have FL on them and it hasn't gummed any of them up yet. I've been running FL for almost 3 years.
Put them in a cold environment. And your itrader rating hardly makes you an expert on froglube.

SoldierLife7
11-02-2015, 4:27 PM
At least it smells good.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:30 PM
Put them in a cold environment. And your itrader rating hardly makes you an expert on froglube.

How Cold? I've pulled a couple of handguns and an AR when it was 36f last January and again no problems.

AreWeFree
11-02-2015, 4:30 PM
I've been using grease on my slide rails for years, but recently had an issue that is making me reconsider. After just a few rounds, one of my 1911's started getting rough and the slide was sticking. The grease had been pushed off the rails, but a few drops of oil loosened things up again.

I like how grease stays where you put it and lasts a very long time, but I always thought it gave extra protection and now I'm not sure.

After searching around I heard some good points from the weapons shield guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L5Yl59ZZGjw#t=141

You may say this isn't froglube related, but I think it is since froglube is like dehydrated grease.

Citadelgrad87
11-02-2015, 4:31 PM

Look at my birth certificate. I've been shooting over 40 years, and, again, I've never even heard of a different lubricant causing these problems. Wrong amount, wrong temp, whatever. I'm serious. There is a frog lube problem thread monthly, where are the CLP and remoil threads? I've got firearms that sat for 25 years in a nice, light ex dinosaur oil, and I don't break them down because the action is stiff, I just shoot them.

Why would anyone change from what works to what might work if you heat it and don't use too much?

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:31 PM
How Cold? I've pulled a couple of handguns and an AR when it was 36f last January and again no problems.
I doubt that. I've had it thicken in the 60s. And before you say anything, I applied it correctly and wiped all the excess off.

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:33 PM
You may say this isn't froglube related, but I think it is since froglube is like dehydrated grease.

Froglube is actually a vegetable oil and grease is just thickened oil.

EspoMan
11-02-2015, 4:35 PM
Ditch the FL and use a normal lubricant. Problem solved.

And yes, prepare for the "You applied it wrong, didn't wipe enough off, didn't get the parts warm enough, only used 1 coat, applied too much, didn't apply enough, yadda yadda" crowd.

This..^^^^... FL is crap. Just use a common CLP.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:36 PM
Look at my birth certificate. I've been shooting over 40 years, and, again, I've never even heard of a different lubricant causing these problems. Wrong amount, wrong temp, whatever. I'm serious. There is a frog lube problem thread monthly, where are the CLP and remoil threads? I've got firearms that sat for 25 years in a nice, light ex dinosaur oil, and I don't break them down because the action is stiff, I just shoot them.

Why would anyone change from what works to what might work if you heat it and don't use too much?

I didn't say for anyone to change. If you're happy stick with what you have. I changed because I was tired of being kicked out of the house to clean my guns. Now I don't have that problem. ;) And I have been around guns for almost 50 years.

The one thing that FL is separate from is that it's not a petroleum product and that it will dissolve petroleum on contact. They say not to mix with other products.

AreWeFree
11-02-2015, 4:37 PM
Froglube is actually a vegetable oil and grease is just thickened oil.

So it's not a thick grease? Sounds like a grease with less oil, making a paste, like shoe polish.

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:38 PM
I change because I was tired of being kicked out of the house to clean my guns.

You might want to grow a pair and put your pants on.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:41 PM
You might want to grow a pair and put your pants on.

HA! Are you single? :D Or I should say: You must be single.

2shotjoe
11-02-2015, 4:41 PM

FL CLP is just worse but works fine on some guns. seems like anything with small parts it doesn't work well with. its ok on a rem700 308 but not a savage mark II in 22lr. :shrug:

JDay
11-02-2015, 4:42 PM
HA! Are you single? :D
Nope. Married with two kids. I clean my guns where I want, when I want, with whatever I want.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:43 PM
Nope. Married with two kids. I clean my guns where I want, when I want, with whatever I want.

Good for you. ;)

Citadelgrad87
11-02-2015, 4:46 PM
I didn't say for anyone to change. If you're happy stick with what you have. I changed because I was tired of being kicked out of the house to clean my guns. Now I don't have that problem. ;) And I have been around guns for almost 50 years.

The one thing that FL is separate from is that it's not a petroleum product and that it will dissolve petroleum on contact. They say not to mix with other products.

I clean my firearms in the garage where my work bench is. The CLP and hoppes are right next to the pesticides, gas, and drain cleaner. Firearms get filthy, and there's lots of lead from shooting them, primers are loaded with it. Cleaning them is a dirty job.

Why would you want to clean one inside the house?

I'm wondering why anyone was looking for a solution when there isn't a problem.

I'd much rather spend time in the garage and rest assured there won't be any lubricant induced malfunctions than be able to clean firearms at the kitchen table.

LeadFarmer74
11-02-2015, 4:47 PM

This made me laugh. :D

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:49 PM
And your itrader rating hardly makes you an expert on froglube.

This made me laugh. :D

That's true. It makes me a user that hasn't had any problems with all the firearms that I have applied it on.

LeadFarmer74
11-02-2015, 4:50 PM
That's true. It makes me a user that hasn't had any problems with all the firearms that I have applied them on.

Which has nothing to do with your itrader just saying.

sd_shooter
11-02-2015, 4:51 PM
Remove that stuff from your gun(s) ASAP and go back to using engine oil.

http://new4.fjcdn.com/pictures/Same_424f6c_1511145.gif

f308gt4
11-02-2015, 4:52 PM

Just because it hasn't happened to you (yet) doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others. I used FL for at least a year without issues, but then, I started having issues on a couple of my guns. Not all of them, but some of them (tighter tolerances?).

You don't hear about this happening with other products. Only FL.

Not worth the hassle, IMO. There are other lubricants that don't smell bad and don't have these issues.

MPro7 doesn't smell much, also a product I found on the beretta forum called Inox (though it's a bit pricey). And so on, there are better alternatives to Froglube if you want nontoxic and no smell.

Citadelgrad87
11-02-2015, 4:52 PM
That's true. It makes me a user that hasn't had any problems with all the firearms that I have applied them on.

No one disputes that. But there are plenty of owners of what are anecdotally known to be poor performing firearms, too. Some people loved their Yugos and other such vehicles.

I have to take the good and the bad into account when I'm making decisions.

I've got you, who has no problem, and a couple dozen threads just like this one, complaining that it gums up firearms and makes actions stiff.

You're experience doesn't erase the problems.

AceGirlsHusband
11-02-2015, 4:55 PM
At least it smells good.

It smells like Ben-Gay.

meno377
11-02-2015, 4:56 PM
I clean my firearms in the garage where my work bench is. The CLP and hoppes are right next to the pesticides, gas, and drain cleaner. Firearms get filthy, and there's lots of lead from shooting them, primers are loaded with it. Cleaning them is a dirty job.

I'm wondering why anyone was looking for a solution when there isn't a problem.

I'd much rather spend time in the garage and rest assured there won't be any lubricant induced malfunctions than be able to clean firearms at the kitchen table.

If I need to remove a lot of lead, I will use Chore boy and or Hoppes. Or depending, I will shoot some out with copper jacketed stuff.

Depending on which type of gun I clean, I will use simple green to clean it, then lube it up with FL.

For the record, I used to apply Hoppes and Mobil 1 exclusively.

AceGirlsHusband
11-02-2015, 4:58 PM
I clean my firearms in the garage where my work bench is. The CLP and hoppes are right next to the pesticides, gas, and drain cleaner.

Did you ever make a mistake and spray a patch with RAID?

meno377
11-02-2015, 5:00 PM
No one disputes that. But there are plenty of owners of what are anecdotally known to be poor performing firearms, too. Some people loved their Yugos and other such vehicles.

I have to take the good and the bad into account when I'm making decisions.

I've got you, who has no problem, and a couple dozen threads just like this one, complaining that it gums up firearms and makes actions stiff.

You're experience doesn't erase the problems.

Nobody's experiences erases anyone else's problems.

meno377
11-02-2015, 5:02 PM
Just because it hasn't happened to you (yet) doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others. I used FL for at least a year without issues, but then, I started having issues on a couple of my guns. Not all of them, but some of them (tighter tolerances?).

You don't hear about this happening with other products. Only FL.

Not worth the hassle, IMO. There are other lubricants that don't smell bad and don't have these issues.

MPro7 doesn't smell much, also a product I found on the beretta forum called Inox (though it's a bit pricey). And so on, there are better alternatives to Froglube if you want nontoxic and no smell.

I didn't say that is doesn't happen to others. Where did I say that? BTW FL isn't the only thing I use. I also use Weapon shield, and Rem Oil.

Steponmytoes
11-02-2015, 5:06 PM
Slip 2000 for me. No smell, no gumming of action, no problems

laurelpark
11-02-2015, 5:22 PM
I wonder if there really is anything better than good ol' CLP and Hoppes. I've been using them for what seems like a million years, and never had an issue. I did try some silicone based crap back in the 80's that gummed everything up, but since then I've just stuck with what works with no issues whatsoever. I guess it's like motor oil - they mostly all do the job until you find a new and innovative one that quietly gets pulled off the market.

meno377
11-02-2015, 5:27 PM
I wonder if there really is anything better than good ol' CLP and Hoppes. I've been using them for what seems like a million years, and never had an issue. I did try some silicone based crap back in the 80's that gummed everything up, but since then I've just stuck with what works with no issues whatsoever. I guess it's like motor oil - they mostly all do the job until you find a new and innovative one that quietly gets pulled off the market.

This is what makes me laugh about this and I agree with what you're saying. I didn't switch from Hoppes to FL because there was a problem. I simply wanted to try FL and so far haven't had one issue using it.

Also I now use simple green simply because it smells better and is easy on the skin. Nothing wrong with Hoppes except that it would stink up the garage and the house.

Kowan
11-02-2015, 5:32 PM
I use FL on my knife blades. Safe to use for food.
Never will use it on my guns though. I'm not going to be eating anything off my guns.

Agent 0range
11-02-2015, 5:38 PM
I used FL for about a year with no problems. After I moved back east, I noticed the actions on more than one firearm gummed up half way through the first winter. One pistol was so bad the slide locked itself back with no empty mag. Yes, I applied it correctly and wiped all the excess off. It took me the rest of the winter and well into spring to convert them all back to CLP. 30+ hours of my life wasted burning my fingers on hot metal to treat and reverse FL. :banghead:

Citadelgrad87
11-02-2015, 6:00 PM
Did you ever make a mistake and spray a patch with RAID?

No, but I once mistook my hoppes for a coors light bottle. I took a swig and could taste petroleum for a week.

meno377
11-02-2015, 6:05 PM
Here's two videos showing how it performs under cold conditions. Part 1 and Part 2. He had issues on video 1 and explained why in his opinion.

watch?v=Un4hilXH7W4

watch?v=_69Kq34056Y

hermosabeach
11-02-2015, 6:09 PM
OP-

Easy- Clean off the lube

Does that fix the sticking?

If yes, lube with traditional lube and move on....

If that does not fix the issue, further diagnose

Like many, I have tried a ton of products over the years.... One quart of Slick 50 and one tube of Axle Grease seem to match or beat anything I have found

http://cdn1.evike.com/images/large/mb-gp-wp75.jpg

hermosabeach
11-02-2015, 6:13 PM
Here's two videos showing how it performs under cold conditions. Part 1 and Part 2. He had issues on video 1 and explained why in his opinion.

watch?v=_69Kq34056Y

From what I recall in those silly owners manual, Firing Pin channels are dry... they are not lubed... if the guy in the video loaded up the firing pin channel with lube, that is a problem regardless of the brand

meno377
11-02-2015, 6:18 PM
From what I recall in those silly owners manual, Firing Pin channels are dry... they are not lubed... if the guy in the video loaded up the firing pin channel with lube, that is a problem regardless of the brand

True and I never apply anything to the firing pin as far as lube, whether FL or anything else. On my Glocks I clean out the channel using a Qtip with simple green, rinse with water and dry it with a blow dryer before reinstalling.

dyson
11-02-2015, 6:29 PM
I dont use froglube all the time but when i do it works

meno377
11-02-2015, 6:30 PM
At some point, I actually want to try Lubriplate. Here's an interesting find.

Here (http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/05/lubrication-101/)

jtv3062
11-02-2015, 6:45 PM
Modern technology is suppose to make things easier. It seems to me that it's the opposite with frog lube. Maybe old technology is the way to go.

tbc
11-02-2015, 8:34 PM
Modern technology is suppose to make things easier. It seems to me that it's the opposite with frog lube. Maybe old technology is the way to go.

Most of the formulations are actually old technology. They just change the name and claim to be a "modern" technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyattandDoc
11-02-2015, 8:53 PM
I WAS a huge fan of Frog Lube. Still am, BUT ONLY for my barrels. I've found I get way less build up with a very light coat of FL in my barrels after each session.

I really tried to like it for everything, but I found it really does GUM up moving parts.

I went to grease for my Semi Handguns and Mobile-1 Full Synthetic for my Ar's.

maggie06
11-02-2015, 9:00 PM
Ballistol for cleaning, Mobil 1 for lube. Works great, so no reason to change

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

cannon
11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
OP, Has your question been answered yet? :)

meno377
11-02-2015, 10:24 PM

OP, Has your question been answered yet? :)

I gave a suggestion and then you know what happened. ;)

Jimi Jah
11-03-2015, 8:52 AM
Frog Lube got used on my garage door rails. Nice and slippy, no noise. Try it!

The Rem oil in the spray can works great for door locks.

The guns all get Slip 2000 EWL.

EspoMan
11-03-2015, 9:17 AM
This is some really great stuff. Been using it for a while now. Before that I was using mpro7 cleaner and Weaponshield as a lube. Great combo also.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/925/925397.jpg

k1dude
11-03-2015, 11:17 AM
At some point, I actually want to try Lubriplate. Here's an interesting find.

Here (http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/05/lubrication-101/)

I've been using it for years. It's excellent. But it isn't a dry lube if you plan on playing in the sandbox.

If you live near the ocean or a high humidity area, I don't think you can do better.

sd_shooter
11-03-2015, 12:57 PM
hickok45 trusts Ballistol.

And so do I :cheers2:

Wordupmybrotha
11-03-2015, 2:10 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/2733417.jpg

Calif Hunter
11-03-2015, 2:12 PM
The Hornady One Shot is good stuff, especially for areas like the lock works of DA revolvers. In some exposure/corrosion tests, it was #1 or 2 in protection, too.

I use Hoppes to clean first, then Wipeout for centerfire rifles. For getting lead out of handguns, I soak with Kroil, let soak, brush well and then clean with Hoppes - mainly because I have 2 big jars of Hoppes. I use Barricade for rust prevention. I like grease for slide rails, etc.

tbc
11-03-2015, 2:43 PM
Frog Lube got used on my garage door rails. Nice and slippy, no noise. Try it!

No thanks. Too lazy to cleaning out the good old white lithium grease and to using heat gun to heat up the entire garage rails :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bansh88
11-03-2015, 2:44 PM
Jesus you guys do some crazy stuff.
Me? I use the wet stuff in a brown bottle I've had for 20 years. I topped it off once with some other wet stuff in a white bottle I've had for 19 years.

bruss01
11-03-2015, 3:03 PM
I've used FL a bit. Never had any real problems with it, but never saw any huge benefit either. The press sounded interesting so I gave it a try. Then reports like this started coming in, along with the cries of "you're using too much" . It's true, some folks just daub it on and go, as if it were a regular grease - it's not a regular grease, and it isn't intended to be applied as one. No surprise when folks who don't follow directions have complaints about results. Then you have the folks who swear they followed the instructions... little harder to explain those away.

I use Slip 2000 or Slip EWL for light-load reciprocating parts, and a light red grease (looks for all the world like vaseline with red dye) on my guns and they work exactly like they should. I clean my guns in a sonic bath with simple green, rinse with first clear water, then follow with denatured alcohol, and dry in a warm oven at 250 degrees for half an hour (metal only). Then I lube as indicated and re-assemble. Caveat: I do occasionally run some copper cleaner and a brush down the bore - it's usually not necessary. The guns seem to like this process just fine, no problems yet.

king kong
11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Bought a heat gun, went through the full treatment instructions. Never had much of an issue till I pulled out some guns that had been sitting for 2 or 3 months (in southern california) and they were gummed up. Haven't used it since.

Click Boom
11-04-2015, 1:11 PM

I use normal lube/clp and I am totally confident that any of my guns could be pulled from a year at the back of the safe and go bang first time.

Click Boom
11-04-2015, 1:16 PM
Remoil doesn't smell at all :)

CLP smells like burnt tires sometimes :/

Hoppes may or may not get you high, and smells like Hoppes :D

Sam
11-04-2015, 1:58 PM
No, but I once mistook my hoppes for a coors light bottle. I took a swig and could taste petroleum for a week.

Wouldn't you have tasted petroleum for a week with the coors too?

Citadelgrad87
11-04-2015, 2:01 PM
Wouldn't you have tasted petroleum for a week with the coors too?

Nope. I enjoy coors light.

Glock-a-mole
11-04-2015, 5:38 PM
hickok45 trusts Ballistol.

And so do I :cheers2:

This...

faris1984
11-04-2015, 5:41 PM
I like the old stuff and it worked for me.Just dump frog lube.

I Swan
11-04-2015, 9:28 PM
I always think this silly FL fad is over but it seems there is a few diehards.

Bobshouse
11-05-2015, 7:02 AM
Hickok45 trusts anything he's paid to trust.

Bobshouse
11-05-2015, 7:06 AM

Any ideas?

Remember that big chunk of lard your momma used to fry foods in? After it cooled down, it would return to solid? Scrape some up and add a little oil and mint smell, and you got your frog lube.

Take your gun out and shoot it a few times to melt the lard (I mean Froglube) and clean it off before it solidifies again.

Yeah, I know, its eatable....but if you do it will clog your arteries.

2shotjoe
11-05-2015, 8:43 AM
Remember that big chunk of lard your momma used to fry foods in? After it cooled down, it would return to solid? Scrape some up and add a little oil and mint smell, and you got your frog lube.

Take your gun out and shoot it a few times to melt the lard (I mean Froglube) and clean it off before it solidifies again.

how come we don't have bacon gun lube yet? :D

JustEd
11-05-2015, 8:55 AM
Bh83, because if your bacon needs lubricant you should see a Doctor.

I Swan
11-05-2015, 8:59 AM

I have never watched a Hickok45 vid, never will, and I could care less what he has to say. I don't understand why people get all worked up about him like he is the Messiah or something.

wpage
11-05-2015, 9:05 AM
I heart the froglube... Not!

Wordupmybrotha
11-05-2015, 9:18 AM
I have never watched a Hickok45 vid, never will, and I could care less what he has to say. I don't understand why people get all worked up about him like he is the Messiah or something.

Well, watch one of his videos so you can make an informed comment.

Merc1138
11-05-2015, 9:23 AM

That reminds me of one of the funniest arguments I've seen for FL, posted by diehards. In other similar threads, where someone applies FL as instructed and the action doesn't work right, they'll tell the FL user to just shoot it a few times to warm it up to get the FL working to lube the gun... basically telling people to operate their firearms while they aren't properly lubed so the FL can warm up and then lube it correctly.

Yeah, having to warm up a gun might make sense if you're in the arctic trying to use "normal" lubricants, but the idea of running a gun that isn't lubed right till it gets hot enough to work properly is absolutely silly.

Jimi Jah
11-05-2015, 9:25 AM
I used to use Lubriplate on VCR decks and transports, works great in lower temp's.

The guns get 1200 degree rated Slip 2k EWL grease.

I Swan
11-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Well, watch one of his videos so you can make an informed comment.

I feel no need to from seeing the type of people that leghump him. Probably the same people that think froglube is some sort of miracle product. OMG, Hickok45 posted a video about the HiPoint 45, I must see what the Messiah has to say! I saw that retarded screenshot of him holding up a HiPoint to his face and holding his nose that was about all I wanted to see.

JDay
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Ballistol is good stuff. It's been around for over 100 years if I'm not mistaken.

Wordupmybrotha
11-05-2015, 1:17 PM
I feel no need to from seeing the type of people that leghump him. Probably the same people that think froglube is some sort of miracle product. OMG, Hickok45 posted a video about the HiPoint 45, I must see what the Messiah has to say! I saw that retarded screenshot of him holding up a HiPoint to his face and holding his nose that was about all I wanted to see.

Sure, whatever you want to do. I don't have a skin in the game. He's good entertainment and I learned quite a bit watching his videos. :)

sd_shooter
11-05-2015, 3:56 PM

Ballistol has been around a long time, certainly way before you were even a spot in your daddy's pants! :oji:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistol
The product originated from Germany before World War I, after the German military requested an 'all-around' oil and cleaner for their rifles and equipment. The German military used it from 1905 to 1945.

Not so Chapped Hide
11-05-2015, 4:36 PM

This^^^^ plus I've got a TV, stereo fridge and chair out there. Wife and kids have the house, I love my garage ;)

JDPhx501
11-05-2015, 5:47 PM
Nothing brings out the Froglube defenders like starting a thread about how FL stopped one of your guns from working.

Prepped and ready
11-05-2015, 6:45 PM
I use Frog lube on my M1A's and thats about it. Only a little bit, not much. CLP for everything else.

Bobshouse
11-06-2015, 5:53 AM
and now, another word from our Ballistol representative...

Tommy C
11-06-2015, 7:44 PM

Do I detect a note of jealousy from you? Bet you couldn't hit the 230 yd gong with a Glock 23....

Cokebottle
11-06-2015, 7:58 PM
I saw that retarded screenshot of him holding up a HiPoint to his face and holding his nose that was about all I wanted to see.
Uhh... ya.
Try watching his videos before badmouthing him after seeing a screenshot.

Holding his nose was a flipping joke because of the reputation of the gun as being a POS.

Messiah? No. Just an intelligent person who enjoys reviewing various equipment and sharing it with us.

I Swan
11-06-2015, 8:36 PM
Anyone that know me through my posts here can easily see I have little to no reason to be jealous of him. So is he paid to promote Ballistol or Froglube? For some reason there is a certain segment of CGN that takes it personal if you don't like their favorite lube, YouTube personality or gun shop.

Cokebottle
11-06-2015, 8:55 PM
So is he paid to promote Ballistol or Froglube?
Dunno. I've watched dozens of his videos and never seen a reference to a lube or cleaning product. He may have mentioned CLP.
If the gun or product he is reviewing came from the manufacturer, he indicates such. If from a friend or viewer, likewise but he does not name them.

He gives the pros and cons of everything, but I don't think I've ever seen him flat-out say that he doesn't like something.
For some reason there is a certain segment of CGN that takes it personal if you don't like their favorite lube, YouTube personality or gun shop.

meno377
11-06-2015, 9:26 PM
Dunno. I've watched dozens of his videos and never seen a reference to a lube or cleaning product. He may have mentioned CLP.
If the gun or product he is reviewing came from the manufacturer, he indicates such. If from a friend or viewer, likewise but he does not name them.

He gives the pros and cons of everything, but I don't think I've ever seen him flat-out say that he doesn't like something.

I saw a video back in 2012 and he was using ballistol at the time. I have respect for him but like you said, he never really gives a thumbs down on any item from what I can remember.

I remember he mentioned doing the videos was a way for him to get extra ammo either through funds or for T&E. So with that being said I would only watch his videos for entertainment purposes, not really any further. IMO.

E92335i
11-06-2015, 11:15 PM
I stopped using Froglube. I use M-Pro and CLP.

JDay
11-08-2015, 12:59 PM
This is guaranteed to fix your issue.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/26982dfcd4fb20dbb3d504e95cb778a4.jpg

JPZ
11-08-2015, 1:14 PM
Weapon shield grease is awesome

Wildhawk66
11-08-2015, 3:34 PM
Tried Frog Lube and hated it.

Depending on the application I've been using the following products for a while now and really like them:

Breakfree CLP
Lucas Gun Oil
Slip2000 Extreme Weapons Grease

stephewc
11-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Stop using overpriced vegetable oil. If you insist then clean it out more frequently. The stuff goes bad after sitting for a year.