PDA

View Full Version : How many more of these CCW stories do we need until people realize its worth it?

protohyp
11-01-2015, 8:17 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-1-dead-in-shooting-at-gage-park-business-20151031-story.html

VegasND
11-01-2015, 9:17 AM
Most people don't want to be responsible; they want others to take care of everything for them.

SoldierLife7
11-01-2015, 9:23 AM
First, mainstream media would have to actually acknowledge that these stories actually exist.

MrElectric03
11-01-2015, 9:39 AM
For every one we hear about there are at least 10 murders that were not ccw that we don't hear about.

Oceanbob
11-01-2015, 9:55 AM
Chicago has tough gun laws and the highest murder rate in the Country.

That tells us something..........

Cody
11-01-2015, 10:28 AM
How many will it take? I'm guessing this many.

http://www.thehouseofmarley.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/marley-logo-infinity.png

CBR_rider
11-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Good work permit holder!

TrailKon Dan
11-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Soon BLM will have a press conference.

Jimi Jah
11-02-2015, 8:43 AM
It won't matter how many. All it takes is one nut with a CCW to erase all our gains.

major burnout
11-02-2015, 8:52 AM
We need more laws written by a few crazies to protect us from a few crazies.

SmokieBear
11-02-2015, 9:24 AM
It won't matter how many. All it takes is one nut with a CCW to erase all our gains.

A ccw holder decided let his road rage get to him and shot and killed another driver in SJ within this year i think. Ill have to googlefu for a link.

Fishslayer
11-02-2015, 9:25 AM
That's not what the antis are about.

Vorais
11-02-2015, 10:28 AM
A quote from an update today on that article:

Igbinosa Oronsaye, whose mother was married to Gildersleeve, told the Tribune he wasn't convinced the shooter acted properly.

"Some people don't actually know how to use guns," he said. "They go to firing ranges, but it's not the same as a bullet going into someone's body, it's not the same as a bullet going into flesh. ... You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody's got to answer for that."

I really hate that so many people nowadays have this mindset where they are always the victim no matter what they did in first place.

OrwellianEra
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
First, mainstream media would have to actually acknowledge that these stories actually exist.

Exactly.
Geraldo Rivera stated that there were no such things as positive stories where gun owners prevented crime, that it was a "fantasy". I was taken back at this as I thought he was (once) a good reporter, but that claim showed his ignorant bias.

He also mentioned how during the LA riots he had a CCW and almost pulled it on a civilian who snuck up on him, he decided "never again" at that point I guess. Goes to show you the anti mindset is one of naivety and fear.

tmh1
11-02-2015, 11:56 AM
The Anti Gun folk (including the mainstream "media") have some pretty significant "heros", and are apparently going to keep using their playbooks:

"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth." - Joseph Goebbels

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

pacrat
11-02-2015, 11:56 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-concealed-carry-license-holder-kills-gunman/ar-BBmH2ym?li=BBieTUX

It is getting a small amount of exposure. The AP picked it up.

Aldemar
11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I'd like to see the NRA and other such organizations start running self defense commercials based on the true stories in magazine columns such as the ones in The American Rifleman, American Handgunner and others.

Make a series of them, stressing women and minorities as the responsible gun owners. It's time we started our own propaganda - only ours would be based on fact, not some "study".

fritztkatt
11-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I first heard of ccw when I was 12. Noting that it took a law abiding citizen to obtain the permit, I thought it was a great idea. Having responsible armed citizens, hidden in plain sight. Keeps criminals thinking.

I can't wait to move to a free state. I kind of like how Arizona has constitutional carry but also has the permit system to grant privilege to typically restricted places.

riderr
11-02-2015, 12:38 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-1-dead-in-shooting-at-gage-park-business-20151031-story.html

It doesn't matter. Believers will believe, haters will hate no matter what.