PDA

View Full Version : 6.5CM vs other 6.5 CM's

Dano3467
10-31-2015, 7:56 PM
All these threads on 6.5 Creedmore, to me it sounds like the magic round good for many things, but shines at the range.

Now for me I've been think long & hard about a new hunting rifle, so tonight while picking up a PINK:facepalm:Bow & arrow set for my nice, I decide to look at a few as the counter was for the most part dead, with 3 employees standing around, this doesn't happen often there (Sportsmen Warehouse).

Ask for anything they have in 6.5 CM, first thing tells me, about is Ruger's new rifle, (tactical) it's been hashed a bit here.

The weight is way over the top for a hunting gun, at close to 10lb without optic.

So since he doesn't have one anyway, he shows me Savage 111 & 110 hunter, the first was of a good weight & nice trigger, the later was just to heavy, & had him shelf it.

Next up was Browning, was also hunter type model w/camo stock, it had a horrible trigger, but was of good hunting weight, & fit nice.

There was this other one Berara..was made in Spin by Dikar, even though the bolt fit was a little funny, the rifle felt good, with nice wood stock.

Anyone have anything good to say for any of these rifles for a good hunting gun, & some range play to 600yds, maybe more as I plan to reload for it.

If you know of others I would like for this purpose, & should check out please share.

Really not looking to build a custom rifle or spend a ton, just a good solid field gun, with nice range manners.

And I have to tell, after all the black guns I have, really would like this to be wood, even if I have to change it out.

slomofo
10-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Tikka T3 lite, 6.5x55, not a CM, but that's the route I'd take.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

major burnout
11-01-2015, 7:44 AM
If you want a nice wood stocked rifle look on the consignment rack. Maybe a custom mauser some ol' timer had built. Current manufacturer low end rifles leave me cold, especially if you want a wood stock.

If you have to buy new...everyone has great things to say about tika. Personally, every savage in every configuration I have fired has been a tack driver. I dont like the looks of the savages. They feel cheap. They shoot very very well.

Dano3467
11-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah I had asked about Tika in CM, but was told they do not make it as of yet, 284 260 243 yes, but no 6.5 CM.

It was (Tika) one of my first choices

slomofo
11-01-2015, 2:16 PM
I don't know how much you want to spend, but there's a company down the street from me that builds 6.5CM Tikkas. I believe they start out around $1500.

http://thegunvaultut.com/nlr-rifle/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dano3467
11-01-2015, 2:45 PM
^^^That's a lot of gun there, & they don't say, but looks pretty heavy, good long range, but poor field (packing) gun.

There is a lot going on, just don't think it's right for my application.