PDA

View Full Version : atf

jamesob
07-26-2008, 11:23 AM
a friend of mine just got done with a complete audit from the atf friday and i was there when the atf was there. the lady from the atf told me that they have been having problems and a ton of complaints with this new cflc crap. she wouldn't tell me what problems but she did tell me that they have had thousands of complaints from california and all of the other states. and it so happened friday morning i called the ca. doj to complain about this very issue. i told them that i have been refused about 4 times from dealers out of state for c&r rifles. the lady told me " ahhh thats to bad ". so i ask you guys to call and complain to doj about this and see what response you guys get.

kmca
07-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought the idea for the new law was to stop guns from coming into California?

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 1:00 PM
You guy's will wise up and realize that Selling your SKS's AK/AKM's, Fal Builds,Cetme Builds, OLL builds ,and High end and not so high end Semi-Auto Pistols is a bad Idea (Especially on a whim) Due to an uncertin future for Firearms & products reaching PRK !

Saigon1965
07-26-2008, 1:17 PM
You guy's will wise up and realize that Selling your SKS's AK/AKM's, Fal Builds,Cetme Builds, OLL builds ,and High end and not so high end Semi-Auto Pistols is a bad Idea (Especially on a whim) Due to an uncertin future for Firearms & products reaching PRK !

True - Some guys have financial problems thus liquidating.

M. Sage
07-26-2008, 1:23 PM
Eh. The dealers willing to put up with CFLC will make bank. The ones that don't, won't.

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 1:25 PM
True - Some guys have financial problems thus liquidating.

I would sell anything I own before selling one of my Firearms ../ Including my BSA .Harley Racer, stamp collection, vintage boats or motors (Or both)...

bruss01
07-26-2008, 4:18 PM
Don't sell firearms. 99 times out of 100 you regret it later.

Saigon1965
07-26-2008, 4:26 PM

You don't have to tell me -

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 4:37 PM
3 posters in a row agree with my OP ? I'm shocked :eek::confused:

762cavalier
07-26-2008, 4:40 PM
3 posters in a row agree with my OP ? I'm shocked :eek::confused:

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then:D:p

s2000news
07-26-2008, 4:41 PM
Guns stay. Bikes stay.

Everything else goes.

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 4:47 PM
Guns stay. Bikes stay.

Everything else goes.

Sounds about Right (And some clowns here think guns are tools) lol../:eek:

tygerpaw
07-26-2008, 5:16 PM

I had a PolyTech Legend...... I didnt want to register it.......... Now its a $2,000.00 AK............that somebody else owns...........:kest::banghead:

ETD1010
07-26-2008, 5:16 PM
Unfortunately, not all of use have the "luxury" of other high-prices items... And since I recently turned a $700 underwater strobe into a paper weight the other day.... I had to sell my Sig p239. . . But I'm not afraid of never getting her back.. Plus I have my HK usp, and my wife has her Beretta 92F.... and those will stay.... I have guns that I buy KNOWING that I can't really afford it, so they become liquidable assets in the event that I really did need that money.... And that's what happened to my Sig....

Richie Rich
07-26-2008, 6:23 PM
I choose my purchases carefully since I will never sell a gun again. Sold an AR before the ban, still kicking myself in the *** about it to this very day.

The guns, the 4x4 and the tools stay. Everything else can go.

Casual Observer
07-26-2008, 7:00 PM
It depends.

I had a Taurus PT911 that I bought used, shot for a few years, then sold. No regrets.

I have three K98's. So, if I sold one or two, I wouldn't exactly be heart broken (not the German one though).

My M1 Garand and my Nighthawk T3 are staying. :cool:

motorhead
07-26-2008, 10:03 PM
i saw an interesting one today. $50 fee for dealing with the new law. yeah, i guess the ones that will sell to ca will make money.

Bruce
07-26-2008, 10:30 PM
a friend of mine just got done with a complete audit from the atf friday and i was there when the atf was there. the lady from the atf told me that they have been having problems and a ton of complaints with this new cflc crap. she wouldn't tell me what problems but she did tell me that they have had thousands of complaints from california and all of the other states. and it so happened friday morning i called the ca. doj to complain about this very issue. i told them that i have been refused about 4 times from dealers out of state for c&r rifles. the lady told me " ahhh thats to bad ". so i ask you guys to call and complain to doj about this and see what response you guys get.

SO are they going to do anything about it? Like REQUIRE FFL holders in the other 49 to do business with California FFLs or else? Or tell DOJ to cease and desist with this CLFC crap?
No......probably not. They'll just sit back a laugh at us Californians like EVERYBODY else does.:mad:

jamesob
07-26-2008, 11:17 PM
SO are they going to do anything about it? Like REQUIRE FFL holders in the other 49 to do business with California FFLs or else? Or tell DOJ to cease and desist with this CLFC crap?
No......probably not. They'll just sit back a laugh at us Californians like EVERYBODY else does.:mad:
more than likely.

motorhead
07-27-2008, 6:59 AM
i concur.

tenpercentfirearms
07-27-2008, 7:20 AM
Calling the DOJ and complaining about the CFLC is like calling the fire department and complaining your house burned down an hour ago.

The CFLC is not the DOJ's creation, it is the state legislature's. You can complain to them all you want, but they can't change the law. They are only in charge of enforcing it.

The interesting thing is the DOJ has actually made this easier than they should have on us! From the law,(f)(1) (A) Commencing July 1, 2008, a person who is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code may not deliver, sell, or transfer a firearm to a person in California who is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code unless, prior to delivery, the person intending to deliver, sell, or transfer the firearm obtains a verification number via the Internet for the intended delivery, sale, or transfer, from the department. If you read this carefully, it says firearm, not firearms. There should be an approval number for each and every firearm, not for an entire shipment from one day.

What do you think the price of a case of lowers would cost me if there had to be an approval number for each lower? If we continue to bug the DOJ about something that is beyond their control and rock the boat, who is to say they don't "clarify" this in the future and start requiring one number for each gun?

The DOJ is doing fine with this, leave them alone. If you don't like it, talk to your legislator about it and harass them. They are the ones responsible and they are the ones that would pass new legislation fixing this or eliminating it.

Rob454
07-27-2008, 9:03 AM
(And some clowns here think guns are tools) lol../:eek:

What do you care what someone thinks of their guns?

Gator Monroe
07-28-2008, 8:24 PM
What do you care what someone thinks of their guns?

Enough to follow tool /gun tread for 8+ pgs.:sleeping:

SJgunguy24
07-29-2008, 8:19 PM
Sounds about Right (And some clowns here think guns are tools) lol../:eek:

When I talk to anti's that is exactly what I compare a firearm too. Tools are just as dangerous ,if not MORE dangerous than a gun. Any body can go to United and rent a Gradeall 544d-10. That scares the hell out of me an UNQUALIFIED OPERATOR of a tool that weighs 20 tons and is capable of hoisting 5 tons 50 ft in the air. Or how about skill saws or half inch variable speed drills,I seen a guy snap his wrist when it bit insted of cut. A gun is harmless,and is extremely safe when being operated by a qualified person, just like any other tool.

packnrat
07-29-2008, 10:18 PM

only sold two..and i regret both sales.