PDA

View Full Version : Para-Ord stoped all sales to Calif

I. M. Nobody
07-26-2008, 8:20 AM
I ordered a new Para-Ord 1911 single stack 38 super on Monday last. When gun didn't show called the wholesaler and was told Para-Ord suspended all firearms sales to Cal. When asked what the problem was they said there was some problem with DOJ. Don't know what problem is or when ban will be lifted.

Anyone hear anything ?

Saigon1965
07-26-2008, 8:27 AM
More details please - Which wholesaler? Everything is still on the list.

I. M. Nobody
07-26-2008, 8:36 AM
More details please - Which wholesaler? Everything is still on the list.

Davidson's and Yes everything is on list. They were told by Para not to ship any of their product to Ca till futher notice.

Theseus
07-26-2008, 11:08 AM
It might be the safety thing. Sometimes they expire, and they have to reapply.

But there are other ones that have nothing to do with the safety that will not ship to CA just on principle! I don't like it.:mad:

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 11:16 AM
When they actuially are forced (or give in ) to choke us off here some of you guy's might realize it's not a good time to sell you AK or FAL or CETME build or nice handguns (Semi-Autos) on a whim ...:)

bohoki
07-26-2008, 11:41 AM
hard to believe a manufacturer can have such pull on a distributor

almost sounds lin anti-trust issue

JALLEN
07-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Davidson's and Yes everything is on list. They were told by Para not to ship any of their product to Ca till futher notice.

Maybe that manufacturer has decided not to have its products sold here anymore, like Ronnie Barratt did, no sales, no service, no nothing, since California is operating in violation of the law as he sees it.

Frankly, as long as it was across the board, I'd encourage all the manufacturers to do likewise. Let the police see if they can beg/borrow some of those slingshots from Tijuana PD.

It would not be the first time manufacturers took a stand on principle, albeit a rare one. Cessna quit making single engine piston airplanes in 1985 and said it would not make any until the laws were changed. Finally, the laws were changed and Cessna started making SE piston airplanes again. It took 15 years or so, but that's what it took.

Saigon1965
07-26-2008, 12:14 PM
This needs more info - Hopefully someone in the know will chime in.

-hanko
07-26-2008, 1:14 PM
hard to believe a manufacturer can have such pull on a distributor

almost sounds lin anti-trust issue
You can't be serious...;)

The manufacturer determines who distributes its products. The distributor signs an agreement with the manufacturer, the agreement will cover situations like op describes.

-hanko

Gator Monroe
07-26-2008, 1:22 PM
You can't be serious...;)

The manufacturer determines who distributes its products. The distributor signs an agreement with the manufacturer, the agreement will cover situations like op describes.

-hanko

+ 1 we are in deep DOO DOO and like the frog in the pot of water it's JUST GETTIN WARM AND MOST OF US ARE IN DENIAL ! (Think before you sell that Extra Chinese SKS or your first OLL build or your spare backup compact Glock or old Sig Sauer , or the Fal Build that your Buddy (Who already has 2 of & wants to take with him outta state when he moves), Firearms Restrictions and restrictions on Guns & parts being shipped into PRK could suddenly give new meaning to the term Draconian ,and replacing the Item you sold "A while Back" could become a problem ../

leelaw
07-26-2008, 1:26 PM
Funny, we just received one at the shop the other week...

Librarian
07-26-2008, 1:57 PM
Well, one could ask at the source:
http://www.para-usa.com/new/contact.php

I just did.

WokMaster1
07-26-2008, 4:05 PM
Maybe that manufacturer has decided not to have its products sold here anymore, like Ronnie Barratt did, no sales, no service, no nothing, since California is operating in violation of the law as he sees it.

Frankly, as long as it was across the board, I'd encourage all the manufacturers to do likewise. Let the police see if they can beg/borrow some of those slingshots from Tijuana PD.

It would not be the first time manufacturers took a stand on principle, albeit a rare one. Cessna quit making single engine piston airplanes in 1985 and said it would not make any until the laws were changed. Finally, the laws were changed and Cessna started making SE piston airplanes again. It took 15 years or so, but that's what it took.

That would just open up the world to third party gun dealers who just don't give a zhit about politics. Again we're targeting the wrong people. Besides, where would we get new guns from? We should be going after the folks in SAC & our lovely reps in DC. How? See Calguns Foundation & its mission. Challenge the unjust laws that they passed. Be united & focused in our attempt to win our rights back.

motorhead
07-26-2008, 10:07 PM
loaded chamber indicator requirement?

PolishMike
07-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I just picked up my Para 18.9 at Irvington arms today. Ordered ~10 days ago.. They didnt mention any problem.

Peashooter
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Got my P-13

:D

Casual Observer
07-26-2008, 11:14 PM

IIRC, Ronnie Barret refuses to sell to any government agency in CA but will still sell to civilians.

cbn620
07-27-2008, 12:16 AM
If this really is another of those protest type things Para is pulling, I am certainly po'd in my own way and hugely disappointed, but I almost commend them.

Something that really ticked me off was reading in Shotgun News that Kimber specifically designed a new pseudo-custom 1911, so called "SIS" after the section of the department itself, for the LAPD's SWAT division.
I guess they transitioned these high quality pistols into active duty by 2007.

That's a step in the wrong direction if you ask me. They support government agencies that enforce corrupt and unconstitutional law, but take no stand for the every man here in California who is trying to get things changed. Firearms manufacturers need to stop supporting CA government. Instead, these manufacturers put the agencies in their pocket and leave the rest of us hung out to dry.

I am by no means anti-Kimber and am not proposing a boycott of any sort. I just think it's ridiculous, and this Para Ord story as well as the others mentioned kind of reminded me of it. What they really ought to do is refuse to deal with government and government sponsored contractors, while still offering their goods and services to the general public.

I. M. Nobody
07-27-2008, 7:22 AM
I was told that Para had a problem with Ca DOJ and they were working to clear it up. They would not say anymore than that. I don't belive they are making a statement of screw ca. I will know more Monday as I will be calling all of my wholesalers and see if it is wider than Davidsons.

bwiese
07-27-2008, 2:33 PM
There could be an issue that the gun differs from the certified exemplar somehow (in a manner other than grips/sights).

I have not seen or heard any indication that the DROS system has flagged/de-Rostered ParaOrd handguns on the Roster (unless something expired).

You are not legally obligated to listen to rumors and can sell any ParaOrdnance on the Roster as viewed thru the DROS system. And just because ParaOrd did something like this, doesn't mean you can't acquire them from other distributors/sources.