PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

One Shot, One Dropped
07-25-2008, 10:35 PM
What does everyone think of the Beretta UGB25 Excel Shotgun? I'm really interested in getting one (if technique could help me find out the details) if only because it's so unique...

http://www.ugb25xcel.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=56

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/spotlight_competition_ugb25.cfm

aplinker
07-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I think you're in the wrong forum. ;)

One Shot, One Dropped
07-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, can a moderator move it to the shotgun forum?

Guntech
07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I'd get it If you shoot trap a lot or hunt birds

randy
07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't be the first kid on the block to buy one. It looks like the 45GAP round. A solution in search of a problem.

It's your money spend it anyway you want. I could be wrong, but this doesn't look like it's going to be a big seller and won't last long. Why would you want to expose your shells to element exposure anymore than you had too?

In semi auto shotguns it seems the simplest guns work the best. If the recoil reduction works as well as they elude to then it might have a following. I guess it's just a different way to load a shell.

I still wouldn't be first in line to get one.
Maybe YSR racer will have some better input.

ZapThyCat
07-26-2008, 1:12 AM
Mossberg 500! :)

One Shot, One Dropped
07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Mossberg 500! :)

I already have semi-autos, but I wanted to check out this new setup. I have never wanted a mossberg. Remington, Beretta, Browning and Benelli for me all the way...

-hanko
07-27-2008, 7:12 AM
What does everyone think of the Beretta UGB25 Excel Shotgun? I'm really interested in getting one (if technique could help me find out the details) if only because it's so unique...
For hunting, way to heavy to lug around for upland birds. Won't take a 3" shell, so I'd have to pass on it for waterfowl.:(

For trap or skeet, I like o/u's. Might be viable for sporting clays. Reminds me of a Browning Twelvette, but I can't understand why.

I'd suggest finding a dealer with a demo model. Shoot a few boxes through it and let us know what you think.

I don't think you could go wrong with any Beretta sg, but that's just my opinion.;)

Thanks for a thread that isn't about an 870 or 500:)

-hanko

Rob454
07-27-2008, 9:51 AM
Looks really complicated to use. 2 3/4 shells only and hand placement is important due to where ejection port is located. Looks cool but I think its really impractical. but then again there are Beretta freaks who will buy it just because its a beretta. I dont think it will be a big seller. They woudl of been better off making a O/U shotgun and selling that or making a traditional semi auto

kap
07-27-2008, 10:02 AM
It looks interesting, but totally impractical. I would not want to sacrifice the reliability of an O/U for this guns new feeding system ... especially for $3500.

Gunaria
07-27-2008, 10:19 AM
http://www.ugb25xcel.com/dati/ContentManager/images/eng/home_eng.jpg

It looks pretty. Also looks like more parts that will need to be kept really clean in order to function properly. Then maybe not. I am only speculating. If you can afford it and you want it, then by all means go for it and please gives us all a range report.

Hk996
07-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I would put the money towards a perazzi.

-hanko
07-27-2008, 12:33 PM
They woudl of been better off making a O/U shotgun and selling that or making a traditional semi auto
Beretta makes a few o/u's and semi's.:confused:

-hanko

randy
07-28-2008, 7:20 AM
3500 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW. No way I'd pay that kind of money. I'd buy a real nice O/U before I'd buy that.

But if you do buy one keep us posted.

mike100
07-28-2008, 6:14 PM
It does satisfy some of the excessively 'pimp' over-the-top factor that is part of the trap shooting scene. I'm inclined to like it, but I don't think it will sell.

Holocanthus
07-29-2008, 3:39 AM
If you want it, get it. You earned your money and you should use it to make you happy.

Personally as I was reading through the links, I was thinking this is pretty cool and I might want one for myself, until I saw the price, which was a complete turn off. I personally love Benelli's and you can get a seriously high quality Benelli for that price (Look under World Class on the benelliusa homepage). Right now, I'm digging the 2008 Legacy line.

But since you said that you don't like Benelli, I assume you want to stick with Beretta. If you want the action of a OU, then buy a OU. Don't spend all that extra money for the novelty of the UGB25.