PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ceiner .22 kit?

Standard
07-25-2008, 9:15 AM
I got my Ceiner kit in the mail a couple of days ago, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet...But I installed and lubed the kit and loaded the little mag that it comes with. I tried cycling the rounds through. The first one loaded fine - When pulling the charging handle to eject the (unfired obviously) first round and cycle a new round, the first round gets stuck on the next round on its way out and I have to separate the upper and lower to pull the 1st round out.
It's like the placement of the round in the magazine isn't letting the first round eject.
Like I said, I haven't fired it yet, so maybe it's just a problem that will correct itself?
It seems like the round in the magazine is almost sticking up too high or something.
I appreciate any help!

ar15barrels
07-25-2008, 9:43 AM
Ejection timing of a fired case sans bullet is quite different from a loaded case.

What are you doing checking function in your house with live ammo?

Jack_Bauer
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Ejection timing of a fired case sans bullet is quite different from a loaded case.

What are you doing checking function in your house with live ammo?

22 snap caps (or function checking caps) are a lot cheaper than the cost of repairing a hole in the wall or worse :)

This is normal as ar15barrels stated. Function checking caps won't eject properly in my gsg-5 but has yet to experience a FTE at the range with thousands of rounds through the pipe.

Standard
07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. I was function checking it outside, in a safe condition, of course.
Glad to hear, can't wait to shoot it this weekend :)
Where's a good place for mags for this thing? The mag that comes with the kit is pretty...sub par ;)

domokun
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I've also experienced some snap caps that were slightly out of spec and thus refused to extract properly from the chamber when trying to cycle them through the firearm.

xxINKxx
07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
For mags go to addaxtactical.com or spikestactical.com...

They both sell the 22mm 10/30 mags for the ar-15 22lr conversion

Standard
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info Ink.

Silverfish
07-25-2008, 4:44 PM
Where'd you get the kit from, I'm having a hell of a time finding one?

Standard
07-25-2008, 7:12 PM
I got one when Midway had them in stock last week.

Standard
07-26-2008, 4:23 PM
UPDATE - Took it to the range today. I had about 3-4 FTE's out of about 250 rounds. Shooting is fun as hell :)