PDA

View Full Version : ACOG chevron reticle

technique
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
What is the difference between red or yellow. Is it just preference or for separate colors for different applications????

InFlamez
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM
I think you might be right about separate colors for different applications, but my choice in color has always been more of a personal preference. Red just looks cooler. :43:

aplinker
07-25-2008, 8:59 PM
Trijicon claims the amber is better - in low light especially it will be easier to see. I suppose if you're clearing a wheat field that might be one place it's not as easy to see. People (by gut reaction) prefer red because it seems like it should stand out more, but in actuality (testing) the amber does better. I wish I could find their article about it, but alas I'm having problems with it.

Either way, you won't be disappointed - the chevron is an excellent reticle. If you're getting an ACOG go TA11.

PS - It's reticle or reticule... a rectical is a tactical rectum?

randy
08-01-2008, 3:21 AM
I have an amber TR21 and I had a red TR21. The amber isn't as quick to draw your eye to it as the red triangle. The amber doesn't bloom as much in daylight making it easier to make a long distance shot. If you don't have a FO on your scope I guess it wouldn't make a difference.

lehn20
08-01-2008, 4:30 AM
personal choice. the chevron might be a little easier to shoot accurate with at longer distances for less experienced shooters compared to the donut.

CSTactical
08-04-2008, 1:57 PM
Some people cannot see RED but they can see Yellow. I can see both just fine but I prefer RED.

Mike @ CSGW