PDA

View Full Version : Badger M5 removeable magazine setup

novanryder
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Has anyone used a Badger Ordnance M5 removeable magazine setup... for a Remington 700 VTR in .308, or just a 700 series gun at all? If so, how easy/hard was it to put in? Did material need to be removed?

jandmtv
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Has anyone used a Badger Ordnance M5 removeable magazine setup... for a Remington 700 VTR in .308, or just a 700 series gun at all? If so, how easy/hard was it to put in? Did material need to be removed?

Oh ya!

If you stock gas a aluminum bedding block, its a bit harder to do the inletting. I had Randall (ar15barrels) inlet my stock, and it took a mill, a dremel, and some custom made and threaded rods to get that thing in the stock.

get it done by a pro if you want it to feed properly.

novanryder
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
HA ha thanks... yeah, I was thinking about Randal as a possibility, or M24 Armory. I just wanna know what's best to do for mods and who can do it so the mag fits nice n' tight... no rattle.

jandmtv
07-25-2008, 1:26 AM
The badger M5 DBMs dont rattle as much as the HS DBM.

ar15barrels
07-25-2008, 9:45 AM
The badger M5 DBMs dont rattle as much as the HS DBM.

The 10rd mag rattling does not effect function. ;)

Jicko
07-25-2008, 7:52 PM

Where do you get it and how much? And how much is additional magazines?

novanryder
07-27-2008, 8:28 PM
http://www.ustacticalsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=397

There's the link. I bought one today, so here it comes... and with a Remington 700VTR I'm not sure if you have to chew through some metal to get it to fit right. I don't have my 700 at the moment (still on dros waiting) but it looks like you just bolt it in place of the old unit. If there's any custom fitting to be done it doesn't look like it would need all that much to me, but of course I'm no expert. I'm a noob with a dremel! :D

ar15barrels
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
The VTR appears to have just a plastic stock.
The first thing I would do is get a decent fiberglass/carbon/kevlar stock for it.
When ordering the stock, just specify that it be inletted for badger's DBM and you will be all set to bed the pillars and the action into the stock.

jandmtv
07-28-2008, 12:18 AM
The VTR appears to have just a plastic stock.
The first thing I would do is get a decent fiberglass/carbon/kevlar stock for it.
When ordering the stock, just specify that it be inletted for badger's DBM and you will be all set to bed the pillars and the action into the stock.

The only 2 companies that inlet for the Badger M5 are McMillan, and Manners. McMillan costs an arm and a leg, Manners, I am not to familiar with, but the guys on the Hide speak highly of their stocks.

You are better off buying a Bell & Carlson stock, and having it inletted for the Badger DBM. B&C just released a new tactical stock that might fit the bill http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1138

novanryder
07-28-2008, 9:17 AM
I doubt that I'll be puting a new stock on this thing. Not for a while, anyways. After the optics and mag setup I'm a little light on the wallet. ;) Besides that, I actually like the stock stock. I'll play for a while before looking at new underwear for my boom stick.

ar15barrels
07-28-2008, 9:21 AM
After the optics and mag setup I'm a little light on the wallet.

If I had to decide between a stock or a detatchable mag setup for that gun because the budget only supports one of them, the stock will make more improvement to the shootability and accuracy of the gun.

Jicko
07-28-2008, 3:30 PM
I've a 700PSS, will the Badger M5 fits out of the box, or do I have to keep dremelling my way thru?

Any tips?

ar15barrels
07-28-2008, 3:33 PM
I've a 700PSS, will the Badger M5 fits out of the box, or do I have to keep dremelling my way thru?

Any tips?

The stock will need inletting.