View Full Version : Local AK refinishing?

07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know of someone in so.cal who does rspecializes in refinishing AK's. I just got a WASR-10 that someone bubba'd up by painting it with BBQ paint and the kninkle finish is awful. I'm looking for someone to strip it down and reparkerize it in black phosphate. There are some places online but i'd rather not ship the rifle if i dont have to. I searched several of the AK sites i frequent and nobody knew of anyone in so.cal.

07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
The black oxide is probably still under there . . . I bet the BBQ paint runs right off w/ brake cleaner.

07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I dont know this stuff seems pretty much on there. But i guess i can test it and see if it runs off. I would still like to get it refinished again because it needed some clean up work on some nicks in the front sight base and handguard retainer. My guess is the monkey's at century used a sledge to install the parts. The guns just shoots real well and i hate to just leave it looking like crap. (I know know its an AK but hey it doesnt need to be fugly)

07-24-2008, 12:43 AM
why not finish it yourself? Brownells Aluma-Hyde II does wonders. And its easy to use.

07-24-2008, 7:09 AM
Is Redlands/Moreno Valley to far?

07-24-2008, 9:48 PM
I'm actually in redlands. I will PM you. I think you will be getting some work soon.