PDA

View Full Version : Sig 556 or XCR or something else?

TZL
07-23-2008, 6:23 AM
Hey Calguns,

I'm tempted to get a higher end piston "sporting rifle", but non-AR, so please don't suggest

Thinking about SIG 556 SWAT or maybe a Robinson XCR

SIG just looks sick, I hear its really well engineered...

Robinson is more versatile, barrel swaps etc....

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

HK SL8? (super expensive to mod)

SCAR (when will we actually be able to buy it)

Got two ARs already so I can just do a piston conversion to one of those, so please don't suggest another AR

Cheers,

TZL

acheron800
07-23-2008, 7:03 AM
Hey Calguns,

I'm tempted to get a higher end piston "sporting rifle", but non-AR, so please don't suggest

Thinking about SIG 556 SWAT or maybe a Robinson XCR

SIG just looks sick, I hear its really well engineered...

Robinson is more versatile, barrel swaps etc....

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

HK SL8? (super expensive to mod)

SCAR (when will we actually be able to buy it)

Got two ARs already so I can just do a piston conversion to one of those, so please don't suggest another AR

Cheers,

TZL

I own the Sig, very nice item although it is more expensive... DO NOT buy the swat, just dont. If you want the quad rail just buy the base version then add to it. Also, the 551 hand guards are nice on it, for feel and look.

Any other questions just ask.

Dont get get the SL-8 unless you have the money to convert it to a G-36..

SCAR will be nice, but it will be a while (if ever) we will see one.

X-NewYawker
07-23-2008, 7:30 AM
XCR with new improved trigger that imminent

Run&Gun
07-23-2008, 7:34 AM
i have an xcr and i love it. great shooter. i have been looking at the sigs 556s and i think im going to get one as well. if your in the sacramento area you should go to river city gun exchange, i went there yesterday and they had both rifles for me to check out.

aplinker
07-23-2008, 7:43 AM
MSAR?
AK?
Galil?
SR-25?
G3?
FS2000?

Frijolito1988
07-23-2008, 7:45 AM
FAL ?

PTR-31 ?

HK 91?

these are some kickass mules

XCRmonger
07-23-2008, 7:52 AM
XCR. :D :rolleyes:

X-NewYawker
07-23-2008, 8:28 AM
XCR redux

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/AbellXCR-CU.jpg

Left side receiver charging handle SO much sexier than reaching under my optics...

TZL
07-23-2008, 9:56 AM
I actually shoot long guns left handed, so that is something to consider.....I'll have to reach under or over to charge, unless i want to take my hand off the pistol grip :(

XCR redux

Left side receiver charging handle SO much sexier than reaching under my optics...

Olav
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
XCR redux

Can you get an ambi safety for the XCR?

badicedog
07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes the Ambi safety is available. A match trigger is in the works too!

FlyingPen
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Vector V-93. Just broke mine in and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

trinydex
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
similar thread http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110544&highlight=sig

the sig is pretty left hand friendly and it has a traditional "pattern."

here are my sig experiences. my swat i bought super over priced. that said i am still kinda happy i got it, especially after running some match ammunition through it.

flaws:

no grip options, don't try to mod a magpul miad, i tried that and it's going to be rickety because the inards of the grip just are molded to the grip tang on the gun.

non floated rail, buy a REGULAR 556 and buy the samson rail if you want a swat look. on that note you'll do well to just add a magpul ctr to a normal 556 and get rid of the cheap stock. at the same time you can buy a magpul rubber buttpad as my swat didn't come with one (not supposed to) and i had to buy one to make it nice.

magpul enhanced trigger guard will not fit without a little shaving of the ear that typically takes the spring loaded pin.

get the samson front flip up. if you can buy the NON buis version. i just sold my back up irons on sigarms556.com i made the mistake of running a troy front when i should have gotten the samson.

if you run an eotech you need to get a griffen tactical charging handle.

sell that ugly sig grip light to someone on sigarms556.com or ebay (i got more money on ebay)

after all these little fixes i'm really happy with my rifle. but that's just all the more reason i should have started with a BASE 556 and not bought the swat. my mistake, hopefully someone learns from them.

oh yeah, shooting a sig556 next to an ar... the ar is much more harsh the sig556 is very... easy on the recoil and other kind of hard to name ways. feel is different is what i'm getting at.

TZL
07-23-2008, 8:04 PM
Thanks for the Sig556 tips, I really like the look of the Sig....gotta go to the sig forums and check out more mods for them

similar thread http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110544&highlight=sig

the sig is pretty left hand friendly and it has a traditional "pattern."

here are my sig experiences. my swat i bought super over priced. that said i am still kinda happy i got it, especially after running some match ammunition through it.

flaws:

no grip options, don't try to mod a magpul miad, i tried that and it's going to be rickety because the inards of the grip just are molded to the grip tang on the gun.

non floated rail, buy a REGULAR 556 and buy the samson rail if you want a swat look. on that note you'll do well to just add a magpul ctr to a normal 556 and get rid of the cheap stock. at the same time you can buy a magpul rubber buttpad as my swat didn't come with one (not supposed to) and i had to buy one to make it nice.

magpul enhanced trigger guard will not fit without a little shaving of the ear that typically takes the spring loaded pin.

get the samson front flip up. if you can buy the NON buis version. i just sold my back up irons on sigarms556.com i made the mistake of running a troy front when i should have gotten the samson.

if you run an eotech you need to get a griffen tactical charging handle.

sell that ugly sig grip light to someone on sigarms556.com or ebay (i got more money on ebay)

after all these little fixes i'm really happy with my rifle. but that's just all the more reason i should have started with a BASE 556 and not bought the swat. my mistake, hopefully someone learns from them.

oh yeah, shooting a sig556 next to an ar... the ar is much more harsh the sig556 is very... easy on the recoil and other kind of hard to name ways. feel is different is what i'm getting at.

gimmejr
07-23-2008, 9:43 PM
Good news is after swapping out some furniture its a good looking gun, bad news is Sig says they wont honor the warranty on modified 556s.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/gimmejr/sigacog.jpg

Pryde
07-23-2008, 10:04 PM
FN SCAR comes out at the end of the year.

The decision is pretty easy imo.

acheron800
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
FN SCAR comes out at the end of the year.

The decision is pretty easy imo.

Source??? I heard 2 weeks...

trinydex
07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Source??? I heard 2 weeks...

same

aplinker
07-24-2008, 1:42 AM
Good news is after swapping out some furniture its a good looking gun, bad news is Sig says they wont honor the warranty on modified 556s.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/gimmejr/sigacog.jpg

They consider furniture changes "modification"? :confused:

Sigs are nice.

But XCR shouts "battle Rifle" It also comes in a geavy barrel!!
As accurate an anything else out there.

On what are you basing this statement?

gimmejr
07-24-2008, 6:01 AM
They consider furniture changes "modification"? :confused:

They consider the bullet button a modification.

trinydex
07-24-2008, 9:38 AM
there's no modifications for a sig556