PDA

View Full Version : Beretta CX4 in CA?

Boxer
07-22-2008, 7:29 PM
Can the Beretta CX4 9mm be made CA complaint?
Are there Radd BB locks made for them and do other things need to be done to make them CA Complaint?
Do you know of a company that will do this and then ship to my FFL?
Is the gun worth making CA compliant?

radd
07-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Can the Beretta CX4 9mm be made CA complaint?
Are there Radd BB locks made for them and do other things need to be done to make them CA Complaint?
Do you know of a company that will do this and then ship to my FFL?
Is the gun worth making CA compliant?

There are 3 different Mag Catch for the CX-4 on the market.

There is CX-4 that take the original Cougar .45 Mag, and there is another Beretta version .45 Mag. The 9mm and .40 cal are the same.

So I may have to narrow down to current versions. But, if I can get a rifle in my hands, it can be done.

Radd

radd
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
BTW: CX4 is also about 29.5" or 29.7" OAL. So you would need to add another 1/2" just to be on the safe side to meet 30" OAL.

So, if I do make a magazine lock for it, then I am also planning on adding a stock extendsion for it also.

Radd

jc_stecker
07-23-2008, 4:58 PM
That'd be awesome. I've been waiting to get my hands on a .40 carbine other than the over-priced PC4s.

Boxer
07-25-2008, 4:46 PM
Radd thanks for the information let me see if I can close out a deal and get back to you.

Guntech
07-25-2008, 4:58 PM
Wait are you saying the OAL 30" is only a CA law?

Quiet
07-25-2008, 5:52 PM
Wait are you saying the OAL 30" is only a CA law?

Yes. Semi-auto centerfire rifle with OAL 30" is a CA law.

Federally it's OAL 26".

TonyM
07-25-2008, 6:45 PM
BTW: CX4 is also about 29.5" or 29.7" OAL. So you would need to add another 1/2" just to be on the safe side to meet 30" OAL.

So, if I do make a magazine lock for it, then I am also planning on adding a stock extendsion for it also.

Radd

My opinion:

If you are going to do this for the Cx4, and as you mentioned for the FS2000 in another thread, I would recommend coming up with a muzzle device/sleeve rather than a stock extension.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, a stock extension is an instant deal killer. All of the ones I've seen so far (the PS90 one is stuck in my mind) is a nasty Obama-nation ( ;) ) and ruins the rifle.

Oh, btw, I love my Raddlock on my USC, got it right when you came out with it and not a single issue since. Thx.

Boxer
07-26-2008, 6:23 AM
TonyM, great suggestion.

trinydex
08-04-2008, 3:48 PM
My opinion:

If you are going to do this for the Cx4, and as you mentioned for the FS2000 in another thread, I would recommend coming up with a muzzle device/sleeve rather than a stock extension.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, a stock extension is an instant deal killer. All of the ones I've seen so far (the PS90 one is stuck in my mind) is a nasty Obama-nation ( ;) ) and ruins the rifle.

Oh, btw, I love my Raddlock on my USC, got it right when you came out with it and not a single issue since. Thx.

what's wrong with the stock extension?

so if a radlock and extension of some sort are made, then we can fill the thumbhole stock and remove the maglock after it's imported right?

aplinker
08-04-2008, 3:58 PM
My opinion:

I think you missed the part where he said the CX4 is 29.7"

I agree, if we're adding 4". However, 0.3" isn't going to noticed...

TonyM
08-04-2008, 4:00 PM
what's wrong with the stock extension?

so if a radlock and extension of some sort are made, then we can fill the thumbhole stock and remove the maglock after it's imported right?

Because extending the stock on other projects (see the PS90 and FS2000) is hokey looking at best. Adding a longer brake or sleeve is a more elegant solution (In my opinion).

For these guns, I would rather have a fixed 10 round mag with the Raddlock than filling the stock and going with other mods for a detachable mag.

TonyM
08-04-2008, 4:01 PM
I think you missed the part where he said the CX4 is 29.7"

I agree, if we're adding 4". However, 0.3" isn't going to noticed...

Dunno about you, but I'd notice it everytime I shoulder the weapon. ;)

trinydex
08-04-2008, 4:12 PM
this is a really stupid question. where would the muzzle device screw on?

radd
08-04-2008, 4:13 PM
Because extending the stock on other projects (see the PS90 and FS2000) is hokey looking at best. Adding a longer brake or sleeve is a more elegant solution (In my opinion).

For these guns, I would rather have a fixed 10 round mag with the Raddlock than filling the stock and going with other mods for a detachable mag.

CX-4 does not come with threaded barrel. Adding a muzzle extention will be a challenge to keep the compliance parts price low. Not to mention, not scratching the barrel at the same time.

But, I have spoken with a Rep at Beretta. They are working on their own Butt Pad extension by about 3/4". But they won't give me an ETA.

Radd

trinydex
08-04-2008, 4:17 PM
oooh so if they do that work for you then you got the gears turning on a radlock design?

TonyM
08-04-2008, 4:32 PM
CX-4 does not come with threaded barrel. Adding a muzzle extention will be a challenge to keep the compliance parts price low. Not to mention, not scratching the barrel at the same time.

But, I have spoken with a Rep at Beretta. They are working on their own Butt Pad extension by about 3/4". But they won't give me an ETA.

Radd

Gotcha.

A simple pad probably wouldn't bother me too much. Wasn't even thinking that it's not threaded, trying to do actual work and surf calguns.... one of them suffers.. ;)

I'm just opposed to the Extensions like the FS2000 and PS90 kits, and would hat to see something like that.

Thx.

radd
08-04-2008, 4:36 PM
I'm just opposed to the Extensions like the FS2000 and PS90 kits, and would hat to see something like that.

Thx.

I know what you mean. Raddlock don't do "Fugly"

I like the rifle to look the part, but the original function may have to suffer a bit behind PRK.

Radd

aplinker
08-04-2008, 5:46 PM
Dunno about you, but I'd notice it everytime I shoulder the weapon. ;)

As mentioned, adding a simple extension would be the way to go. You wouldn't notice it at all - 1/2" is thinner than most recoil pads. The CX4 is actually pretty short stocked to begin with.

I hate to say it, but at 2X the cost of a HiPoint in an ATI stock, and since we can't use Beretta hi-caps anyways... It's not my cup of tea.

PIRATE14
08-04-2008, 7:30 PM
Our PS-90 kits add on to the front and look like a FAKE CAN.......I'd dig up a pic somewhere.....maybe GRAMATON76 can dig one up......

There are CXs in CALI already, you just don't see'em.....as soon as we get the right mag type.....you might see some more........;)

A factory ext would work great.....than you could fill in the stock....

OR use a BB for those that like the grip..........

Since the CA-94s won't be available to us anymore.......we'll prolly head this direction if enough guys are interested......

That's another issue w/ these rifles is the 10rd mags which always seem in short supply.............

trinydex
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Our PS-90 kits add on to the front and look like a FAKE CAN.......I'd dig up a pic somewhere.....maybe GRAMATON76 can dig one up......

There are CXs in CALI already, you just don't see'em.....as soon as we get the right mag type.....you might see some more........;)

A factory ext would work great.....than you could fill in the stock....

OR use a BB for those that like the grip..........

Since the CA-94s won't be available to us anymore.......we'll prolly head this direction if enough guys are interested......

That's another issue w/ these rifles is the 10rd mags which always seem in short supply.............

what? right mags? explain? (getting excited maybe)

bb? available???

do you guys have any stock filled cx4s?

Tumerboy
10-07-2008, 9:51 PM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but IS there a Bullet Button or mag lock device for the CX4?

Boxer
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Not aware of one yet.

toybiz
04-03-2010, 2:46 PM
Yes,

I hate to bring up an old thread, but some person on Yahoo Answers stated there is a dealer near him that has the Beretta CX-4 in stock, here in CA! :confused:

So if this is true, either that dealer is filling the thumbhole or has a fix for the mag release.

Anyone? I have two buyers including myself if this is true. :o

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but IS there a Bullet Button or mag lock device for the CX4?

Intimid8tor
04-03-2010, 2:51 PM
I don't think there is a fix for the mag release. Filling the thumbhole is kind of a pain, but I did it. I got the Beretta stock spacers from an online dealer and they went right on.

orangeusa
04-15-2010, 4:45 PM
How does filling in the thumbholes fix the problem? I'm fairly up to speed on handguns, but rifles/AW law get me confused. Even if modified, how could you order it?

And if already in state due to LEO, or move-in, no mod is required is it?

I saw one at a range about 6 months ago, I had my 92FS and Cougar on the bench, so the guy let me shoot it.

Boy is it NICE. I'm not wild about the looks, but you don't notice when shooting it. He had a scope, which made me quite happy also.

Is the only problem that it has a thumbhole? Nice that it uses the 92 magazines and ammo.