PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the GSG-5

Jicko
07-22-2008, 12:03 PM
1) what's the BEST collapsible stock for it? People use CA before, but now the FACTORY one is avaiable for $49.... which one is better??

2) where can I get a railed handguard? is the RIS/RAS-clone better or the FACTORY tactical handguard better? (do I have to MOD the RIS/RAS to fit onto a GSG-5??)

3) how to remove the "magazine disconnect"?? any links???

4) what are the potential "fake suppressor" mod? I kinda dig the "MP5SD" look, but on the other hand, I do like the railed handguard + vertical grip route too....

Heiko
07-22-2008, 3:07 PM
I have the Classic Army collapsible on mine. It's okay but a bit short in length. A real MP5 collapsible stock is noticeably longer. Don't know about the GSG stock. The problem will be getting one. It's hard enough getting the gun and magazines from the importer so I wouldn't hold out hope for the OEM accessories.

You can use some airsoft RIS/RAS units and they all require some modification. The OEM GSG one looks a bit cheesy and for the money, I'd get an airsoft 4 rail. Google is your friend. I found a bunch of posts on an AR15 forum about modding the GSG-5. It's gotten me all hot after a replacement handguard but I'm focusing on an AR build right now.

Congratulations on getting a GSG-5. They're hard to come by.

xxINKxx
07-22-2008, 3:56 PM
i have a GSG-5...

They had TONS of these at the cross roads of the west gun show in phoenix last weekend for 485$, cash and carry even though my dad bought it since hes an AZ resident

coldwarshooters.com which has a store in socal has some stocks and rail accesories for them..But after doing some searches to buy accesories ive noticed that pretty much every website is sold out of parts

Aparently the people who make this gun make the hardcore expensive airsoft guns, and parts of mp5 airsoft guns (tokyo mauri) will work...This is what ive read, but have no idea the stock butt stock and grip is pretty cheesy indeed

gn3hz3ku1*
07-22-2008, 4:34 PM
lucky you.. i still havent found one in stock at msrp

oh yea go to ar15.com they have step by step intructs on modding gsg5s

Jicko
07-22-2008, 5:10 PM
I couldn't find the step-by-step on how to remove the magazine disconnect.

GSG-5 Factory Collapsible Stock @ $49.99, in stock
http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=32_97&products_id=877

There are 2 Classic Army Collapsible stock.... A030M is the GOOD one, all metal.... the A173M is the plastic one.... I am LOOKING for the A030M version...

RAS/RIS seems to be a LOT of mod. Heiko: which one did you go with? My M4 and my Mk12Mod1SPR are done... lol

Stanze
07-22-2008, 5:28 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=41

Jicko
07-22-2008, 5:30 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=41

I don't have ar15 membership... I can't get to the specific thread...

Stanze
07-22-2008, 5:32 PM
I don't have ar15 membership... I can't get to the specific thread...

You don't have an arf.com acct? Or, a paid acct? Mine is a free one.

Heiko
07-22-2008, 5:39 PM
I couldn't find the step-by-step on how to remove the magazine disconnect.

GSG-5 Factory Collapsible Stock @ $49.99, in stock
http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=32_97&products_id=877

There are 2 Classic Army Collapsible stock.... A030M is the GOOD one, all metal.... the A173M is the plastic one.... I am LOOKING for the A030M version...

RAS/RIS seems to be a LOT of mod. Heiko: which one did you go with? My M4 and my Mk12Mod1SPR are done... lol

I have the A030M metal one. Be aware it has a short pull. I actually pulled it right off thinking it would have more length. If you don't mind it being a bit short, it feels pretty good. Some guys have tried UMP style stocks but I prefer the collapsible. I haven't seen the GSG one. I should have asked when I was at CWS last weekend. I got lucky and found a NIB GSG-5 from a guy that had the CA A030M stock in addition the crappy original one, plus a CA metal clawmount. I won't say how many magazines it came with too. :D The original GSG-5 stock is pure airsoft. It's even got what looks like a battery compartment in it. I got a suggestion to fill it with a plastic bag and shoot the bag full of expanding spray foam. That would give it a little heft and it won't sound all hollow. I saw one guy online post his retrofit of an actual MP5 stock.

I haven't gotten a RAS/RIS yet but I'm looking at the Classic Army one. It's an easy looking modification to the mounting bracket and it will fit. I saw the mod on AR15.com after Googling "GSG-5 modification". It just takes some Dremeling on one part. The CA one is metal and looks great. Prices vary depending on e-tailer and stock seems low. Watch out for the shipping though as some of the airsoft e-tailers are in Hong Kong and charge $20 or $25 for shipping.

Jicko
07-22-2008, 5:41 PM
You don't have an arf.com acct? Or, a paid acct? Mine is a free one.

Did you send me a thread or did you just point me to the ar15 GSG-forum?

Stanze
07-22-2008, 5:58 PM
Did you send me a thread or did you just point me to the ar15 GSG-forum?

It's the arf.com GSG Forum.