PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Lancer L5 Transluscent Magazine Rebuild Kits

Glin1216
07-22-2008, 11:37 AM
ALL GONE!!!!!!!

Up for sale here, Lancer L5 Translucent Magazine Rebuild Kits
These are only to be purchased to rebuild Pre-Ban magazines.

Translucent Body
Rubberized Floorplate
Follower
Spring

The green follower from standard USGI magazines is NOT compatible with these. Magpul Anti-Tilt followers will fit with some modification with a file or Dremel tool.

Translucent body allows you to view how many rounds you have left in the magazine with a look at your weapon. No need to look through a small window, the entire magazine is translucent.
The rubberized floor plate cushions the magazine when dropped free from the weapon
Reinforced steel feedlips ensure they will not deform under extreme pressure
Raised edge on the magazine body sits flush with the magazine-well and keeps additional dust out
Easily disassembled/reassembled for repairing old magazines. All you need is two bullets!

These were purchased for a side by side comparison/online publication of several popular magazine brands on the market. Each of the magazines have exactly 30 rounds through them.

These are perfect for updating your old and beaten pre-ban magazines.

$27.00 each shipped / Minimum purchase 2
Paypal (Buyer pays 3%) and MO

I won't sell these to you if you don't already have some pre-ban magazines. Obviously, this will have to work off the honor-system.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/greg2129/DSC_0005-3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/greg2129/DSC_0033.jpg
Note the steel feed-lips
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/greg2129/DSC_0031.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/greg2129/DSC_0015.jpg

A reminder that 30 Round Pre-Ban magazines can ONLY be used in Non-Fixed-Mag builds.

Darklyte27
07-22-2008, 1:20 PM
Were plastic mags out before the ban?

Richy
07-22-2008, 1:21 PM
It doesn't matter, you can use mags manufactured yesterday to rebuild mags you owned previously before 1/1/2000

Glin1216
07-22-2008, 1:52 PM
Lets say the aluminum body of your steel magazine was dented and beaten and no longer feeding reliably. You could remove the salvageable parts (IE: Spring and Follower) and stick them into this new Lancer L5 body. Let's say a day later the spring broke and the follower became warped; You could remove your USGI spring and follower and replace it with L5s. Essentially you have a brand new magazine, but it is replacing your broken pre-ban one.

Darklyte27
07-22-2008, 2:02 PM
Yes I know about the preban parts being able to be replaced, I didnt know if you could use the new plastic bodies. What if you had the floor plate from the old mag and use the rest of the parts from a new mag? that would be funny.

What could a person do with a preban mag? isnt that person still limited to 10 rds?

DrunkSkunk
07-22-2008, 2:05 PM
Yes I know about the preban parts being able to be replaced, I didnt know if you could use the new plastic bodies. What if you had the floor plate from the old mag and use the rest of the parts from a new mag? that would be funny.

What could a person do with a preban mag? isnt that person still limited to 10 rds?

Floor plate from the old mag and the rest new is actually legal my friend; also you're only limited to 10rd with fixed mag builds ;)

Heavy_Grinder
07-22-2008, 2:19 PM
Just to let you guys know, only the spring and (maybe) the follower from your preban mag can be used with this L5. I recently upgraded my (2) preban mags with these L5's. To my surprise, magpul followers will not fit in L5 mags so use caution when buying these things. To my understanding, only standard USGI followers will fit.

Btw. Caution when using Deet on the steel lips. This can render the steel lips useless. How, I don't know yet. This warning comes straight from the makers of the Lancer Magazine.

The bottom line, these mags are great and they look great, but in my opinion, pmags are better.

Darklyte27
07-22-2008, 2:23 PM
Use a dremel shave about half a mm on both sides, and narrow the rear, works fine ;)

Glin1216
07-22-2008, 2:39 PM
I did the same thing with the Magpul Anti-Tilt followers. I also took sandpaper and very lightly sanded the front and rear of the follower and it fit perfectly

Glin1216
11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
To the top gents. Get 'em while you can...
I will not adjust my prices.
They will stay at $27.00/Magazine until they are sold out.

HavaJava
11-18-2008, 1:49 PM

TZL
11-18-2008, 4:22 PM
where are you located?

Glin1216
11-18-2008, 4:43 PM
Apologies, forgot to list.
I am in the Redondo Beach/Torrance area

EDIT: Only 6 left gents.

HavaJava
11-18-2008, 5:02 PM