PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Tactical

offrdmania
07-22-2008, 7:43 AM
Has anyone else been trying to get through to them lately? I have been trying to place my order for a week and all I get is an answering machine. So I leave a message with no response and no response to my emails. I guess they dont want my business.

Blacktail 8541
07-22-2008, 8:20 AM
Spikes tacticle is very hard to get on the phone. The only way that I could get them on the phone is to call repeatedely after each answering machine pick up. In other words, hang up and call again untill you get an answer. Usally within 10 minutes I got thru.

They only have 2 lines and they are always busy and go straight to the machine.

jeffyboy
07-22-2008, 8:29 AM
Spikes tacticle is very hard to get on the phone. The only way that I could get them on the phone is to call repeatedely after each answering machine pick up. In other words, hang up and call again untill you get an answer. Usally within 10 minutes I got thru.

They only have 2 lines and they are always busy and go straight to the machine.

+1 on that

Just keep calling. They are seriously swamped right now. I talked to Tom the other day and with the success of the new 22lr upper and the rush on AR's the place has been a mad house.

jksupplyco
07-22-2008, 8:33 AM
They are WAY backed-up.. What are you looking for? One of the sponsers here might have it in stock.. save you the wait..

offrdmania
07-22-2008, 8:50 AM
They are WAY backed-up.. What are you looking for? One of the sponsers here might have it in stock.. save you the wait..

You guys are going to do my transfer, I spoke to Julie the other day but im having trouble completing my order with Spikes. I want a dedicated 22lr lower with trigger group installed, ambi safety, a 20" upper with smooth floating hand guard and stainless fluted barrel, Ace ARFX stock, erg grip and some of the gen 3 mags that keep the bolt open after the last round. Is that too much to ask? ; )

jksupplyco
07-22-2008, 8:52 AM
Gotcha.. Was it something we didn't have in stock? You might try emailing, they are usually good about emailing back in the evening..

offrdmania
07-22-2008, 8:59 AM
Check my response again, I just edited it

jksupplyco
07-22-2008, 9:13 AM
PM Inbound :)

Ironchef
07-22-2008, 9:34 AM
Wow, I've always had calls returned within 24 hours, and emails returned sooner. Delightful people to work with. Just talked with "the cute one" as she says, and she sent me an email of their 22lr line of AR parts since that was our topic of discussion. She's impressed with how Californians build out their rifles so nicely and diligently despite our laws. That was a week ago or so.

offrdmania
07-22-2008, 9:58 AM
A week ago or so was when I had no problem getting a hold of them, since last Wed I havent been able to get through

mrjones98
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I know they get really busy around gun shows and I think there was one in Jacksonville over the weekend.

offrdmania
07-22-2008, 7:01 PM
Thats no reason to neglect their current customers, especially ones with cash in hand.

tenpercentfirearms
07-22-2008, 7:27 PM
Thats no reason to neglect their current customers, especially ones with cash in hand.

When you are busy, you are busy. I don't think a lot of people realize just how busy these gun manufacturers get. You make a good point that if they want to keep their customers, they ought to hire some new people and stay on it. However, I think these guys get to a point where they are so in demand that if they lose a few of the inpatient types, they won't lose any sleep over it. Of course I can't speak for them and I am not speaking for them, but I know how busy these companies get.

I have ST22 lowers that I can send to JK.

Army
07-22-2008, 8:24 PM
I bought my .22 upper from 10%, after he said to watch his website. Less than two weeks later he had three listed, and I gobbled one up quick.

Shoots like a dream. Little sketchy at first with cheapo Remington bulk box (even had one blow out of battery, no damage). Now that it's broke in, it eats just about any ammo I feed it. One hole groups at 25yds, and well under an inch at 50. The 125yd dinger at our range just ain't safe anymore.

This is quickly becoming my favorite .22.

jksupplyco
07-22-2008, 8:42 PM
When you are busy, you are busy. I don't think a lot of people realize just how busy these gun manufacturers get. You make a good point that if they want to keep their customers, they ought to hire some new people and stay on it. However, I think these guys get to a point where they are so in demand that if they lose a few of the inpatient types, they won't lose any sleep over it. Of course I can't speak for them and I am not speaking for them, but I know how busy these companies get.

I have ST22 lowers that I can send to JK.

Trust us, we get the same thing.. Spikes is growing quickly, but they still take care of Californians, so we cut them some slack. :)

I've got the ST22's in stock as well :)

BroncoBob
07-22-2008, 9:37 PM
Try emailing Jamie at Spikes. I have several times and always get a response. Have mentioned that the phone is ringing off the hook so it may take awhile. I don't think they were ready for the "spike" in business. They are the hottest thing right now. Try going through Lanworldinc., Chris is pretty cool about getting back to you. Best of luck.