PDA

View Full Version : How many built OLL's in California?

daskraut
07-22-2008, 6:10 AM
Just wondering how many AR type "cal legal" self loaders out there?.

tenpercentfirearms
07-22-2008, 6:14 AM
Built? No telling. A lot. At least 50,000 built. Could be 100,000. Who knows now.

Olav
07-22-2008, 6:22 AM

GenLee
07-22-2008, 6:32 AM
I just finished another so.......94,193 :D

BroncoBob
07-22-2008, 6:37 AM
Well if you count the 6 I have and the 1 my son has, I guess the number now is 94,200.
:gunsmilie:

Fjold
07-22-2008, 7:02 AM
Well if you count the 6 I have and the 1 my son has, I guess the number now is 94,200.
:gunsmilie:

Bob, Olav already counted yours, I checked his list.

jeffyboy
07-22-2008, 7:31 AM
I say we do another group buy and push it over 95,000 :D

sorensen440
07-22-2008, 7:41 AM
tons
I have 3 and my gf has one

Rover
07-22-2008, 8:20 AM
tons
I have 3 and my gf has one

Running the numbers on that one, with about 33 million residents, maybe 22 million of whom are old enough to own a rifle, that works out to 44 million built OLLs in Cali.:43:

Ironchef
07-22-2008, 8:32 AM
Are you kidding, or is that 94k number real? HOw could you know?

Olav
07-22-2008, 8:37 AM
Bob, Olav already counted yours, I checked his list.

Thanks!

I'm trying to remove the dups!

Shane916
07-22-2008, 9:43 AM
Are you kidding, or is that 94k number real? HOw could you know?

Sarcasm :yes:

No one will ever know.

thedrickel
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
None here . . . anybody wanna buy some lowers?

AJAX22
07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd love to buy some lowers... but I'm not going to be in state long enough to get any more of them :(

I still have a few more uppers than lowers, but I'm working on it.

heycorey
07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Sarcasm :yes:

No one will ever know.

The California DOJ knows ... but they ain't tellin.

Frijolito1988
07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
im pretty sure there is enough to invade a small country ,

like Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

bwiese
07-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty confident over 100K AR receivers have been sold.

We were at ~30K in mid-March of 2006. Of course that was initial panic buying.

With multiple Alison "we're gonna list" memos another two surges took place shortly afterwards that spring, but I don't have a count/estimate.

We've had another several large 'surges' since then - I can kinda get a feel when we get a new batch of Calgunners and I get a new flurry of emails/PMs every so often.

This does NOT include AK receivers, nor other receivers that the OLL craze created interest in.

Plus there's a ton of homebuilt OLL AK receivers/guns now.

aplinker
07-22-2008, 3:53 PM
I would have to say that number is very conservative.

Why? I'm pretty friendly at ranges and I'd have to say, in my "informal" poll of shooters shooting OLLs, only about 1/3 have visited Calguns or even are aware of its existence. That means BRD is spreading by other means. Further, every time I'm at the range I see someone I've talked to previously who's now bought an OLL. I'm pretty sure this isn't unique to my ranges.

Visit any gun show with people unfamiliar with Calguns and it's the same.

I think OLLs have reached a point where they've essentially become "standard" or "normal" at ranges - just another firearm to shoot and enjoy.

I'm pretty confident over 100K AR receivers have been sold.

We were at ~30K in mid-March of 2006. Of course that was initial panic buying.

With multiple Alison "we're gonna list" memos another two surges took place shortly afterwards that spring, but I don't have a count/estimate.

We've had another several large 'surges' since then - I can kinda get a feel when we get a new batch of Calgunners and I get a new flurry of emails/PMs every so often.

This does NOT include AK receivers, nor other receivers that the OLL craze created interest in.

dexter9659
07-22-2008, 4:03 PM
I agree with UCLA. I have 4 friends with 2 OLLs each who think Calguns.net is a bait and tackle shopping in Redding.

dw33b
07-22-2008, 4:06 PM
I would have to say that number is very conservative.

[...]
I think OLLs have reached a point where they've essentially become "standard" or "normal" at ranges - just another firearm to shoot and enjoy.

Ranges are filled with OLLs now. It's awesome.

X-NewYawker
07-22-2008, 4:18 PM

No.
They're waiting....

Ford8N
07-22-2008, 5:13 PM

A certain AK manufacture said "a whole lot" of receivers have been sent to this state. :43:

sb_pete
07-22-2008, 5:25 PM
No.
They're waiting....

DUN DUN DUHHHH...:eek::rolleyes:;):D

Shane916
07-22-2008, 5:33 PM

They don't. They only know people are DROS'ing long guns. They would have to physically record every OLL from the 4473's. Plus they would never know how many are being sent out of state.

Linh
07-22-2008, 5:56 PM
CA DOJ knows and we are taking all IP address and tracking everyone. It's pretty easy we just take down the numbers online and follow people to the range.

We are currently putting together a task force code name Operation Off List

NRAhighpowershooter
07-22-2008, 5:58 PM

will it take 2 weeks to asemble? :D

Fjold
07-22-2008, 6:02 PM
CA DOJ knows and we are taking all IP address and tracking everyone. It's pretty easy we just take down the numbers online and follow people to the range.

And then it's off to the detention camps! :TFH:

tyrist
07-22-2008, 6:03 PM
I am sure it is substantial and I always try to encourage people to buy more.

tenpercentfirearms
07-22-2008, 6:24 PM
They don't. They only know people are DROS'ing long guns. They would have to physically record every OLL from the 4473's. Plus they would never know how many are being sent out of state.

Wrong. I have a friend who knows a guy who got pulled over once. They ran his name and he heard them say over the radio that he owned three off list lowers and they even stated the brand names. The DOJ has been tracking this for years every time they audit an FFL and now through the CFLC system.

It is only a matter of time before all our base belong to they.

UBFRAGD
07-22-2008, 7:49 PM
>>and they even stated the brand names
"Roger that, one Hello Kitty, one Infidel, suspect has asked for medical assistance, claims to be suffering from BRD, seems pretty healthy to me....."

>>matter of time before all our base belong to they
Sometimes it does feel like that, 10%. Let's stay positive. It's rare to go to a gunstore/range/event and not hear the mighty word calguns uttered within the first minute of being there. With few exceptions CG is the only evidence that the American spirit exists in CA. All is not lost.

Californians have responded to the awareness propagated by CG, and the ranges will never be the same. There are more well-informed citizens from all walks of life enjoying the 2nd Amend and modern recreational shooting in CA than ever before. Within these forums we can promote firearms safety and the whole subject of personal responsibility with respect to the 2nd Amend. It is an ideal time to remind our friends and family to resist the imposition of the nanny state.

Don't get all nit-picky about the number of OLL's owned by law-abiding citizens in CA until it can be compared to the number of outright AW's in the hands of the gangers. When we get that number, we will also want to know how many outright AW's are in CA under the LE umbrella. Only then can we comprehend what the number of privately-owned OLL's really means.

btw it's Operation Lotta Lowers

dexter9659
07-22-2008, 8:05 PM
LOL 10percent. AYBABTU!! They wont set up us the bomb on my watch!

Mmmm Zero Wing.

Ill have an officer I know run my name and see what OLLs come up on his computer.

Greenspartan117
07-22-2008, 8:14 PM
well the count is plus 1 now so the total is now 1,326,543.63. First OLL :-P I built was for my brother. :-) and the instructions on here and ar-15 was all that I needed for guidance.

xcrunner805
07-22-2008, 8:26 PM
I think a good name for the operation of finding out how many OLLs are in CA would be just like El RushBo says.... "Operation chaos!" CA OLLs alone compromise enough arms to feed a country's army. When the "revolution" happens, we'll be ready to defend out rights and freedoms...10 rounds at a time toploaded :(

Shane916
07-22-2008, 9:53 PM
Wrong. I have a friend who knows a guy who got pulled over once. They ran his name and he heard them say over the radio that he owned three off list lowers and they even stated the brand names. The DOJ has been tracking this for years every time they audit an FFL and now through the CFLC system.

lol ...:rofl:

nagorb
07-22-2008, 9:54 PM
since so many of you have multiple olls it would only be right for you to send one over this way.:Ivan: Cant wait till I save the money for one:13:

Greenspartan117
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
since so many of you have multiple olls it would only be right for you to send one over this way.:Ivan: Cant wait till I save the money for one:13:

BRD is very contagious... I built the lower for my brother and installed the Stag 3H upper from riflegear and now I want one too :-P They are so much fun to shoot.

stockplayer
07-22-2008, 11:15 PM

Is this true?

thedrickel
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
My FFL (whom I trust 100%) has told me that BOF records info out of their bound books during audits.

tenpercentfirearms
07-23-2008, 6:08 AM
Is this true?

Do some research and you tell me. Search for "are long guns registered" or something similar.

packnrat
07-23-2008, 6:13 AM
built one just a couple mo's back... plan on buying another two lowers this year.:43:

:TFH:

packnrat
07-23-2008, 6:22 AM

hay at about $100 - $150. each lower, get down to your local oll dealer and buy two or three.

motorhead
07-23-2008, 7:00 AM
doj DOESN'T know. us ak flat benders will see to that.

Fjold
07-23-2008, 9:21 AM
Some of you guys need to stand up because too much stuff is going over your heads.