PDA

View Full Version : TX to CA OLLs Legal???

m2hbvic
07-22-2008, 1:52 AM
I've got an old buddy of mine that moved from TX to CA about 2 years ago. He is now a CA resident. When he moved here, he left all his AWs in TX w/ his parents for safekeeping. He now wants to at least bring his OLLs into CA. He has receipts for his rifles when he bought them in TX.

Can he legally bring his OLLs into CA if he puts a 10-rd. mag in each rifle w/ a locking mag button?

Would he be legal now as a CA resident, with OLLs that he bought in TX back when he was a TX resident, even though he didn't buy/DROS them here in CA???
TIA,
Vic

domokun
07-22-2008, 2:07 AM
I've got an old buddy of mine that moved from TX to CA about 2 years ago. He is now a CA resident. When he moved here, he left all his AWs in TX w/ his parents for safekeeping. He now wants to at least bring his OLLs into CA. He has receipts for his rifles when he bought them in TX.

Can he legally bring his OLLs into CA if he puts a 10-rd. mag in each rifle w/ a locking mag button? Yes. Use a BB-15 or Bullet Button on it and it'll be just fine.

Would he be legal now as a CA resident, with OLLs that he bought in TX back when he was a TX resident, even though he didn't buy/DROS them here in CA??? Yes, as long as he brings them into the state in a compliant and legal configuration.

TIA,
Vic

Please see reply in-line. Additionally, please go over the "CA AW ID Flowchart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)" with your buddy so he understands the laws and requirements in order to bring his off list lower rifle into CA legally.

Josh3239
07-22-2008, 2:27 AM
A big +1 on the flowchart. The 2nd page will tell you all you need to know about the ban list and stuff.

m2hbvic
07-22-2008, 1:46 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I'll relay the info to my buddy.

BTW, does he need to DROS his own OLLs back to himself, or is that not needed/required???
TIA,
Vic

hoffmang
07-22-2008, 2:19 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I'll relay the info to my buddy.

BTW, does he need to DROS his own OLLs back to himself, or is that not needed/required???
TIA,
Vic

As long as he has his rifles in a legal configuration he can just send them to himself or fly or drive home with them.

-Gene

m2hbvic
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll give him the good news!
Vic