PDA

View Full Version : Noveske upper forging

StoneTower
07-21-2008, 9:51 PM
What type of flattop upper does Noveske use on their N4 uppers? Is it the one with the keyhole? If so, who has these uppers stripped? I am thinking of building a 6.5 Grendel on one of my N4 lowers and would like to upper to match as closely a possible.

Thank you,

David

Pryde
07-21-2008, 9:56 PM
What type of flattop upper does Noveske use on their N4 uppers? Is it the one with the keyhole? If so, who has these uppers stripped? I am thinking of building a 6.5 Grendel on one of my N4 lowers and would like to upper to match as closely a possible.

Thank you,

David

Noveske does not sell stripped uppers.

StoneTower
07-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Noveske does not sell stripped uppers.

I know that Noveske does not sell stripped uppers, but they probably do not machine their own uppers either. From what I hear, they do not finish their lowers and they get there N6 lowers from the same forging company that Armalite does. I have heard that the N4 is made by the same company that makes Stag.

Thanks,

David

aplinker
07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I know that Noveske does not sell stripped uppers, but they probably do not machine their own uppers either. From what I hear, they do not finish their lowers and they get there N6 lowers from the same forging company that Armalite does. I have heard that the N4 is made by the same company that makes Stag.

Thanks,

David

Last I heard they use CMT/Stag for nearly all of their parts.

Pryde
07-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Thanks,

David

Most companies get their raw forgings from Cerro, Cardinal or Anchor Harvey.

After that, those forgings are either partially machined somewhere else or machined at the end manufacturer.

Each company typically then does their own finish machining and anodizing.

The raw 80% piece is what they are getting from the forge.
When you hear that Stag = Colt = Noveske, it means that they are getting their partially machined forgings from CMT or wherever.

The biggest difference in the quality of uppers will be in the finish machining and the QC dictated by each firm.

If you buy a Stag or Noveske upper, you are most likely getting one that was machined from a forging by CMT, but it is still not the same thing.

-me
07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Vltor would have been my guess, but maybe not. You could always call and ask em
http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/
http://www.vltor.com/mur.htm

J_Rock
07-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Noveske uses CMT receivers both upper and lower.

10RoundLimit
07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
If you have a stripped Noveske lower it was made by LAR not CMT though.

StoneTower
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
If you have a stripped Noveske lower it was made by LAR not CMT though.

So the complete Noveske rifles and the stripped lowers are made by 2 different forgers?

What would be a good source for one of these stripped uppers that would best match my N4. I just thought it would be cool to have the same forging marks as the real Noveske upper.

Thanks,

David