PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know a place with the giraud trimmer in stock?

Solidsnake87
07-21-2008, 4:09 PM
Anybody know a place with the giraud trimmer in stock? The mfg is prepping for a competition and won't be able to fill orders for 6 weeks.

what2be
07-21-2008, 4:11 PM
Anybody know a place with the giraud trimmer in stock? The mfg is prepping for a competition and won't be able to fill orders for 6 weeks.

Good luck! I dont know anyone that stocks them, but you never know.
I should have ordered one when I was going to a few months ago..I could sell it for $$$ to someone that really needs one right now:D

C.G.
07-21-2008, 5:15 PM
Unless you find it in classifieds you are out of luck for six weeks.

jandmtv
07-21-2008, 5:18 PM
Go to the source. Patience is the name of the game.

Pthfndr
07-21-2008, 5:35 PM
Call Creedmoor. Maybe they have one in stock.

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=292

since the Nationals begin at Camp Perry in another week or so, don't be surprised to find a shortage of brass and bullets for .223 and .308 for a few weeks.

aplinker
07-21-2008, 5:46 PM
I believe Angeles' range reloading store had one last time I was there.

CSACANNONEER
07-21-2008, 5:55 PM
I believe Angeles' range reloading store had one last time I was there.

I haven't been there for a couple of months but, last time I was there, they had a Gracey.

Solidsnake87,

What caliber do you need to trim? If I've got the right bushing and you want to bring your sized brass over, you can use mine.

Pthfndr
07-21-2008, 7:46 PM
I haven't been there for a couple of months but, last time I was there, they had a Gracey.

Solidsnake87,

What caliber do you need to trim? If I've got the right bushing and you want to bring your sized brass over, you can use mine.

I'm sure Vu would let you come over and use his if you asked him nicely. He has the cutter and shell holder for .308.

Solidsnake87
07-21-2008, 9:38 PM
Yeah, I called creedmoor sports. They don't have any. :( I'm feeling a little bummed cuz I ordered everything but the trimmer and the trimmer I want is not available for 6 weeks. I don't want to waste money on a conventional trimmer since I'm going to get the giraud anyway. Anybody in the fair oaks/sac area willing to let me trim some brass? I'm trying to get ready for the NCPPRC practices and matches. .308 is the caliber I need trimmed.

Pthfndr
07-21-2008, 9:48 PM
Yeah, I called creedmoor sports. They don't have any. :( I'm feeling a little bummed cuz I ordered everything but the trimmer and the trimmer I want is not available for 6 weeks. I don't want to waste money on a conventional trimmer since I'm going to get the giraud anyway. Anybody in the fair oaks/sac area willing to let me trim some brass? I'm trying to get ready for the NCPPRC practices and matches. .308 is the caliber I need trimmed.

How much fired and resized brass do you have?

C.G.
07-21-2008, 9:52 PM
If all else fails, thmpr might do it for you for a nominal fee, PM him.

PistolPete75
07-21-2008, 9:52 PM
nice choice on the giraud trimmer.

Jicko
07-21-2008, 9:59 PM
Giraud is so fast.... I went over to Gunsruss's place for an afternoon, and I can trim like 700ish of once-fired .308s..... so if you can find someone who have a .308 setup, you can do a LOT in just a couple of hours!!

Solidsnake87
07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I was going to pick up a baggie of 500 pieces of winchester .308 brass at sportsman's warehouse in Rocklin. That is, unless you guys know nicer places closer to fair oaks. I'm new to the reloading game so i don't know where the suppliers are at yet.

mattmcg
07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
It may be your lucky day..... Just received one that I don't need to use for a few months. PM inbound.

CSACANNONEER
07-22-2008, 6:56 AM
If need be, I could bring mine when I go to Reno next month. But, that trip is still a few weeks away. If you can't find one before the 9th or so, let me know.