View Full Version : CMMG Question

07-21-2008, 3:58 AM
I searched around, but didn't find all I needed. Just want to ask out to those who own CMMG uppers.

I am going to be buying a CMMG upper. Off of their website they say Chrome-lined chamber and bore. I am assuming then that this is lined all the way through the barrel, yes?

I am going to want a different gas block then the standard F base so I can have a flip-up front sight since this build will be primarily optic and dot. They are not pinned as mentioned, anyone have any issue there? Anyone have a particular block from CMMG they prefer from their options?

07-21-2008, 5:35 AM
Yes, lined all the way through and even on the muzzle.

I have a clamp on YHM flip front sight on my CMMG barrel and have had no issues.

07-21-2008, 8:12 AM
CMMG is good to go. I buy a lot of "standard" configuration and then modify for my customers as needed. If you buy direct from CMMG you can order a low-profile gas block and they will not drill for taper pins. If I remove the front site for a customer, I like to use the Midwest Industries gas block as it will cover the taper pin holes, but any of the low profile gas blocks should perform well for you.

07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
16" with a midlength gas system, low pro block with a 10" sammson rail.

I got a Low Pro Gas block and asked for one taper pin.

My Sammson rail extends over the gas block and I have GG&G flip up sights

let me know if you want pictures

07-21-2008, 2:37 PM
You can also just get the normal front sight, cut it down, file it smooth, and cold blue it. Some of those folding front sights are $$$ and if you will always have an optic on it you don't need anything up there.