PDA

View Full Version : CMMG Question

odysseus
07-21-2008, 4:58 AM
I searched around, but didn't find all I needed. Just want to ask out to those who own CMMG uppers.

I am going to be buying a CMMG upper. Off of their website they say Chrome-lined chamber and bore. I am assuming then that this is lined all the way through the barrel, yes?

I am going to want a different gas block then the standard F base so I can have a flip-up front sight since this build will be primarily optic and dot. They are not pinned as mentioned, anyone have any issue there? Anyone have a particular block from CMMG they prefer from their options?

Sydwaiz
07-21-2008, 6:35 AM
Yes, lined all the way through and even on the muzzle.

I have a clamp on YHM flip front sight on my CMMG barrel and have had no issues.

shark92651
07-21-2008, 9:12 AM
CMMG is good to go. I buy a lot of "standard" configuration and then modify for my customers as needed. If you buy direct from CMMG you can order a low-profile gas block and they will not drill for taper pins. If I remove the front site for a customer, I like to use the Midwest Industries gas block as it will cover the taper pin holes, but any of the low profile gas blocks should perform well for you.

stockplayer
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
16" with a midlength gas system, low pro block with a 10" sammson rail.

I got a Low Pro Gas block and asked for one taper pin.

My Sammson rail extends over the gas block and I have GG&G flip up sights

nice

let me know if you want pictures

triaged
07-21-2008, 3:37 PM
You can also just get the normal front sight, cut it down, file it smooth, and cold blue it. Some of those folding front sights are $$$ and if you will always have an optic on it you don't need anything up there.