07-20-2008, 5:08 PM
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/25651079.html

Open carry group meets at Zoo.

From that article:
"To me I think it gives kids the idea that guns are OK..."

Exactly.

-hanko
07-20-2008, 5:22 PM
Most outraged was the biatch from Salem. Immigrants from western OR are starting to raise their liberal-commie whiney voices a little in ID. Otoh, the ID constitution has a good RKBA amendment.

If you link to the blog following the article, you'll see Idahoans are 50/50 about open carry in the zoo...for me, easier to stay concealed and more comfortable. OC carry parties/meetings/whatever you call 'em are redundant...nobody thinks it's a big deal save may a few folks, those who wouldn't own a gun in the first place.

-hanko

Liberty1
07-20-2008, 5:24 PM
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/25651079.html?video=YHI&t=a

don't miss the video!!

Fjold
07-20-2008, 6:52 PM
"If you don't exercise your rights, you're gonna loose your rights," says Bauer

I'm sure that Bauer did not say "loose", the reporter or editor can't spell either.

Manic Moran
07-20-2008, 7:26 PM
I'm sure that Bauer did not say "loose", the reporter or editor can't spell either.

You managed to miss this classic?

"Maybe if anything we're trying to educate the public as to what they're rights are."

NTM

Pvt. Cowboy
07-20-2008, 7:39 PM
From that article:
"To me I think it gives kids the idea that guns are OK..."

Almost hate to bring it up, but it cannot be ignored:

The out of state woman who said that was white. She was with a black man (presumably her husband) and their mixed-race children.

Um, I do believe that I am old enough to remember when white women seen with a black man in public would have been construed by the general public as 'making some kind of statement', and people of a generation or two before mine might have been of the opinion "To me I think it gives kids the idea that sort of thing is OK...", to paraphrase her own words.

... and that is California of the 1970s that I am talking about. Not Idaho.

I hope that the irony of her statements is indeed lost on her in that she, her husband, and their children never believe for a moment that the public at large would consider their family to be abnormal. Society has since moved on. God bless them, and with a little luck I hope that our fundamental right to keep and bear arms will be accepted the same way in another generation.

packnrat
07-20-2008, 8:06 PM
might give kids the thought guns are ok???

why of course they are ok...just some people are not.

jb7706
07-20-2008, 9:11 PM
God bless them, and with a little luck I hope that our fundamental right to keep and bear arms will be accepted the same way in another generation.

Well put sir. A very keen observation and analysis.

moulton
07-20-2008, 9:19 PM
wonder if we could do this at the SF zoo :confused::D

Manic Moran
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Legally, I believe so. I don't recall any 'parks' prohibitions in SF, but there's the issue of if SF Zoo is a private body. I believe it's actually an independent society granted a charter by the City of San Francisco or something like that, indicating that they could very well just ask people to leave.

NTM

-hanko
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Morning talk/news today is down to a 15 second segment. Again, the great majority of Idahoans don't give oc a second thought. Leader of the oc group, a John-somebody, I think, did sound like he's be needin' a bit of chilling-out. ;)

-hanko

rrr70
07-22-2008, 6:54 AM
wonder if we could do this at the SF zoo :confused::D

I'm not sure we can do it in SF at all without giving our retarded mayor and comunists from board of sups a heart attack.
Which would be a good thing IMO.:)

leitung
07-22-2008, 3:00 PM
I'm not sure we can do it in SF at all without giving our retarded mayor and comunists from board of sups a heart attack.
Which would be a good thing IMO.:)

Believe me, I would love to OC in SF.. It would be awesome just to see the looks on peoples faces..:cool2:

I hope I can get a CCW in California before I leave, I am gonna book it to SF with a $#!^ faced grin while ccwing in some hippie book store..
:D

rrr70
07-22-2008, 5:09 PM
Believe me, I would love to OC in SF.. It would be awesome just to see the looks on peoples faces..:cool2:

I hope I can get a CCW in California before I leave, I am gonna book it to SF with a $#!^ faced grin while ccwing in some hippie book store..
:D

:rofl:

My brother has a TT, and he said that he'll get an old style TT holster and will wear it (empty) in SF.Which most likely will piss off liberal *****s.:D