PDA

View Full Version : Is it a normal or defect MSAR

ARFAN
07-20-2008, 3:15 PM
I just got a bolt carrier MSAR from a calgun member. After i was monkey around the bolt carrier group. I saw a crack and wonder if this crack was result of harden or defect.
Here's the pic in attachment.

Thans in advance

ARFAN
07-20-2008, 6:04 PM
I see no crack.

I just upload a second pic with the red arrow point to where crack is.
Thxs

radd
07-20-2008, 7:30 PM
I just got MSAR from a calgun member. After i was monkey around the bolt carrier group. I saw a crack and wonder if this crack was result of harden or defect.
Here's the pic in attachment.

Thans in advance

I don't think any physical crack on any part of the bolt or the rifle is normal.

But based on the picture (a closer macros shot will help) it might be carbon deposit. I would try to clean it with some solvent first.

Being so few STG-556 in California at this moment, I think this question is best posted on microtalk.org MSAR Gun Room guys frequent that forum.

Radd

aplinker
07-20-2008, 7:32 PM
I see no crack.

Who got crack?

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/dave-chappelle-13505.jpg

Radd's right... often what appears to be cracks are just carbon deposits. Your pics are too tough to see.

jumbopanda
07-20-2008, 8:58 PM
No firearm in the world is designed with a crack in it. If your bolt does have a crack, then it's got a problem. But make sure it really is a crack, and not just some surface blemish.

ARFAN
07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Looks more like a scratch. I don't have one, so this is speculative, but that's the bolt carrier right? And the bolt installs similar to an AR in the bolt carrier?

That is an odd place for a crack (or a scratch) to form. Does it go through to the inside of the bolt channel?

If so I would contact MSAR for replacement or repair. If they won't fix it under warranty I would post this up on every gun forum imaginable. They're new enough that it would cause doubt and slow sales if there is a question about the quality of their product or their customer service.

My $0.02

My camera is not have a good close up feature. It is not a scratch.
It have a small gap. But, it did not go through to the inside of the bolt carrier.
It seems to me that 's the way of manufacturing. I will try to get a better pic.

THANKS FOR EVERY ONE FEED BACK AND ADVICE