PDA

View Full Version : grendel wait time?

vet
07-20-2008, 1:40 PM
Anyone know what the shortest current wait time to get a 6.5 grendel 24" upper is?

thanks
v

1stLineGear
07-20-2008, 1:49 PM
Mine took about 3 weeks from JP rifles. Got the CTR-02 24" upper. It's going to look nice. Have a palm rest pistol grip and 26 round mags for it. For me this is the ultimate do all rifle. Good for CQC, midrange and sniping.

vet
07-21-2008, 1:03 PM
Mine took about 3 weeks from JP rifles. Got the CTR-02 24" upper. It's going to look nice. Have a palm rest pistol grip and 26 round mags for it. For me this is the ultimate do all rifle. Good for CQC, midrange and sniping.

thanks for the response Mike,
yeah that sounds like a sweet package! Envy levels VERY HIGH! What made you chose JP over AA?
I see JP has a break and AA does not. That break is a big plus. hmmm
thanks
v

C.G.
07-21-2008, 5:13 PM
yeah that sounds like a sweet package! Envy levels VERY HIGH! What made you chose JP over AA?
thanks
v

24" Grendel does not really need a brake. There was a time I thought the same as you and thought I would get a brake eventually; then I got to shoot it and changed my mind.

1stLineGear
07-21-2008, 9:13 PM
thanks
v

Styling, Quality, and Precision is what made me chose JP over AA. I'll post some pics when it is all put together. I will have to wait on optics though. Optics will be very... expensive. What scope would you guys recommend? I want this to be my 300 -1200 yards rifle. I will build a shorter barreled version later.

thmpr
07-21-2008, 9:18 PM
If I had to choose between a CTR-02 vs a AA GDMR, I would go with AA GDMR.

360PA
07-25-2008, 1:20 PM

Mike, I'm going to build a 6.5 rifle as well. Thanks to your suggestion. I have two lowers that are awaiting internals, one is going to be 5.56 the other 6.5.