PDA

View Full Version : new orleans

tony stark
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM
i have been hearing rumors that the people that were confiscating the guns in new orleans were california highway patrol.
if this is unfounded, i apologize.

KTGunner
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
This is kind of an advertisement, but he tells the famous story of the old lady that got body slammed. And low and behold it was CHP. According to wikipedia, they sent a lot of officers to help the Katrina victims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhvV2uz10eA&feature=related

Casual Observer
07-19-2008, 11:44 PM
i have been hearing rumors that the people that were confiscating the guns in new orleans were california highway patrol.
if this is unfounded, i apologize.

CHP and CA National Guardsmen as well as Federal Agents from across the country were sent to NO after Katrina. Even Blackwater was there. :cool:

CalNRA
07-20-2008, 12:16 AM
According to wikipedia, they sent a lot of officers to help the Katrina victims.

if they wanted to help, they at least could have started by offering gun-safe moving services.;)

oh wait. they just took the content and neglected to return them. Must have been a humongous misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

Meplat
07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
It's not unfounded

KTGunner
07-20-2008, 12:37 AM
oh wait. they just took the content and neglected to return them. Must have been a humongous misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

How on earth did they get away with that? Isnt that called armed robbery? :eek:

CalNRA
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
How on earth did they get away with that? Isnt that called armed robbery? :eek:

defined armed robbery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Qx0cTze0M

Saigon1965
07-20-2008, 9:08 AM
Stormfeather was there - Lets see if he sees this and chime in.

WokMaster1
07-20-2008, 9:22 AM
this has been discussed before, quite a few times actually. Do a search & enjoy the reading. Welcome to the board...:)

Ironchef
07-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Why do people continue to believe or assume that there was blanket gun grabbing going on there? If I'm not mistaken, it was targeted homes, people, and other dubious circumstances that were victims of this seizure of guns. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do. I know I was scouring news sources and trying to find actual, blatant gun grabbing on a wide scale, and not even the NRA could find legitimate cases of seizures done..neighborhood by neighborhood as they described it initially. And yes, I've seen the video of the old lady and while immediately shocking viewing it in the context associated with the video...i realized there wasn't full context to it so basically it doesn't mean jack.

What is the truth? Was it individuals who were targeted, or was there a general blanket seizure of guns?

Diablo
07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-yVu8x8oC0

This video shows California Hwy Patrol officers. This is an NRA video.

dustoff31
07-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Why do people continue to believe or assume that there was blanket gun grabbing going on there? If I'm not mistaken, it was targeted homes, people, and other dubious circumstances that were victims of this seizure of guns. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do. I know I was scouring news sources and trying to find actual, blatant gun grabbing on a wide scale, and not even the NRA could find legitimate cases of seizures done..neighborhood by neighborhood as they described it initially. And yes, I've seen the video of the old lady and while immediately shocking viewing it in the context associated with the video...i realized there wasn't full context to it so basically it doesn't mean jack.

What is the truth? Was it individuals who were targeted, or was there a general blanket seizure of guns?

The truth is that there exists video tape of the NO Chief of Police on TV stating that no person other than law enforcement personnel would be allowed to posess firearms. I don't have a link to this video, but it has been on TV several times, and I sure others have seen it and will back me up on it's existence.

Criminals, as usual, seemed to have some sort of exemption.

cntrolsguy
07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
The truth is that there exists video tape of the NO Chief of Police on TV stating that no person other than law enforcement personnel would be allowed to posess firearms. I don't have a link to this video, but it has been on TV several times, and I sure others have seen it and will back me up on it's existence.

Bunch of scumbags!!!!

fleegman
07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Watching the videos of LEO swaggering around with their Ar's, backward caps and way-cool sunglasses and kicking in doors, all I could think of was the character of "Psycho" from the movie "STRIPES":

PSYCHO: "All I know is, I finally get to kill somebody"

HowardW56
07-20-2008, 12:50 PM

I saw it....

AggregatVier
07-20-2008, 6:43 PM
Where the individual CHP officers ever named (in a lawsuit or on the news)?

tony stark
07-20-2008, 9:30 PM
when roddy king got beat up, the charge was law enforcement acting illegally "under the colour of authorty".

they got arrested and tried. we all know what that turned in to. media circus & rioting.

then, law enforcement acting illegally "under the colour of authorty" while confiscating guns, nothing happens?

in the military you are supposed to follow orders. you are not expected to follow llegal orders. if you do then they will charge you. i was just following orders is not an excuse.

is law enforcement any different? i have not heard of anyone being charged with anything.